Text resizing

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
I never use the stock browser, I don't like the way it organizes bookmarks.
I use dolphin, it has always reformatted text, but lately has not been doing so.

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I use Boat Browser Mini. It does a good long of allowing me to zoom in and align the text to fit the screen. When I zoom in to the size text I want, I double tap the screen, then it aligns it for me.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
There is an auto-fit pages option in settings>advanced. That worked for me.

Yup, this is what I've been using as well; works great! :)

I never use the stock browser, I don't like the way it organizes bookmarks.
I use dolphin, it has always reformatted text, but lately has not been doing so.

Bookmark Sort & Backup by happydroid (link below) works great to organize the stock browser bookmarks; sort them alphabetically, delete those stubborn ones Verizon includes and backup/restore via an html file format. :)

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...com.happydroid.bookmarks&hl=en&token=UsK2xKzc

I use Dolphin beta because it still supports flash.

Flash Player still works with the stock browser. Just have to download the apk from Adobe (link below), then side load it.

http://download.macromedia.com/pub/...roid/11.1.115.27/install_flash_player_ics.apk

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
I went to the play store and read the reviews and it looks like they just put out an update that everyone hates because it now crashes all the time. I might try the other Dolphin Browser. Thanks again.

It's the only browser I use and it hasn't crashed on me.

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
Yup, this is what I've been using as well; works great! :)

Bookmark Sort & Backup by happydroid (link below) works great to organize the stock browser bookmarks; sort them alphabetically, delete those stubborn ones Verizon includes and backup/restore via an html file format. :)

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...com.happydroid.bookmarks&hl=en&token=Lo443c-3

Flash Player still works with the stock browser. Just have to download the apk from Adobe (link below), then side load it.

http://download.macromedia.com/pub/...roid/11.1.115.27/install_flash_player_ics.apk

I already have flash, that's how I know the browser I use supports it. :)

fwhomeboy

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
It's the only browser I use and it hasn't crashed on me.

I installed it (Beta) and sure enough, it crashed on mine and I uninstalled it. Gonna try the regular Dolphin. I noticed that in the beta version, it had Flash disabled and they had a pop up screen come up and said it was causing the crashes so they disabled it.

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
I installed it (Beta) and sure enough, it crashed on mine and I uninstalled it. Gonna try the regular Dolphin. I noticed that in the beta version, it had Flash disabled and they had a pop up screen come up and said it was causing the crashes so they disabled it.

I don't know what to tell you.
On mine flash in on demand. The regular Dolphin browser does have flash disabled, it's been that way since Adobe announced they weren't supporting it any longer. I use beta every single day, it never crashes.
When they disabled flash on Beta, I sent them an email telling them it never crashed on me and I wanted it back, the next day it was back.

The following is the description from the play store.

Description
Dolphin Browser Beta is the highest performing HTML5 browser available today.

Thanks to Dolphin Browser Beta's canvas rendering, it?s the most sophisticated HTML5 rendering browser available and it?s Flash compatible.

Dolphin Browser Beta is the highest performing HTML5 rendering browser available today. Dolphin Browser Beta (with Dolphin Engine) is an improved webkit version with extensive canvas rendering enhancements and behind-the-scenes technology that makes it our fastest Dolphin yet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcl678