How many battery pulls a day?

sudbury78

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
I am curious if you guys/gals find yourself pulling the battery for one reason or another daily. I seem to get force closes or just tonight my gallery stopped working stating I dont have enough memory which is complete BS. I am rooted and maybe stock is really the best way to be, I dont know. My excitement for the phone has really lowered since I have been rooted. I cant recall any if at all battery pulls in the 3 weeks prior.

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
The only time I've done a battery pull with this device is when I flashed the multi window tool on cleanrom which wasn't needed.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Rooting does nothing to your phone by itself. It is what you do with root that causes issues, like deleting the wrong stuff...

If you are doing a battery pull a day there is something really messed up

Sent from the nexus of the Android world, the SGS3.

sudbury78

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Shark your a expert like droidxcon. What do you think? Chomp SMS just failed again . I think I need it wipe completely and start over as the backup may have some things in it causing these crashes.

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
Shark your a expert like droidxcon. What do you think? Chomp SMS just failed again . I think I need it wipe completely and start over as the backup may have some things in it causing these crashes.

At this point I agree that a factory reset is in order.
I switch between stock rooted, beans 3, and cleanrom regularly, and I have no FC's or battery pulls.
Have you flashed a ROM and if so did you wipe caches and factory reset?
Did you mistakenly restore system apps with titanium backup?

sudbury78

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Nope. Droid is going to walk me through unlocking and flashing beans rom. So I think I will save my contacts calendar and pics on to my pc and do a factory wipe. I'll stay stock for a few days and see if everything runs smooth.

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
You can make sure your calendar is synced with Google and you can export your contacts to the SD card.
That will put the file on the internal SD card which will get wiped with a factory reset so if you do that, move it to your external card.
The external card shouldn't be affected.

sudbury78

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
I think I am okay with wiping external card too. I have that exploit in place which tricks the internal into thinking its the SD. All I have on there is my music and pictures that are on itunes (music) and in picassa/facebook picture wise so im okay wiping that too.

yankeesusa

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
I have never had to do a battery pull on my gnote 2. Never had any issues whatsoever. So far it's been one of the only phones that I've had for over a month with no battery pulls.

Sent from the Beast that is Galaxy Note 2

sudbury78

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Yea something is bad on my end. I am new to this and got agressive with the calendar widget and the exploit to make the phone think internal is my sd card. I wonder if I downloaded something that is corrupt. I will do a complete total factory wipe right now as If I am selling it to someone.

Shark: Do you know the option I need to uncheck in root manager to avoid not being able to root again? I used the simple exploit version.

Vondutch67

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
I haven't had to do a battery pull yet though I do battery-pulls on my Android device(s) once a week just out of habit. When I use an iDevice I do weekly restarts for the same, preventative-mainteance reasons. Does this help my Note 2? Not sure, but I'm a creature of habit and not likely to change.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
Unfortunately I am not familiar with the exploit method as that became available some time after I rooted.
I can look around though.

Nightscape

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I only do battery pulls to change the actual battery. I rotate between two to three batteries using an external charger. I don't remember the last time I actually plugged my phone in to charge.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
It is a script so it should go away when you flash the new rom. I would make sure that everything you want to save is off of both the internal and external storage. Also you might want to check the xda thread on it pretty thoroughly to see what other mistakes people made

Sent from the nexus of the Android world, the SGS3.

sudbury78

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
can anyone confirm if I do settings-back up and reset-factory data reset, will my phone unroot and go back to the state i got it out of the box? I want to be at that stage, depserately.