A few issues with my note II

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
I love my note. This phone is amazing I'm probably on it more than ishould be!

Anyway , I hate how Verizon restricted the multiWindow. I've never owned an android phone before so I'm a bit of a Noob. If I
Root it will i be able to use all apps in multiwindow?

Next I'm finding my battery is draining quite fast. I just lost a percent typing this. What could be the cause? Should I buy a spare Battery to see if I have a faulty battery,?

Also one of my email accounts suddenly stop working. Keeps telling me the password is incorrect. Which it isn't. Also I'm having a hard time sending pictures via email!

uploadfromtaptalk1356671982667.jpg

Thanks!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

karsdroid

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
I love my note. This phone is amazing I'm probably on it more than ishould be!

Anyway , I hate how Verizon restricted the multiWindow. I've never owned an android phone before so I'm a bit of a Noob. If I
Root it will i be able to use all apps in multiwindow?

Next I'm finding my battery is draining quite fast. I just lost a percent typing this. What could be the cause? Should I buy a spare Battery to see if I have a faulty battery,?

Also one of my email accounts suddenly stop working. Keeps telling me the password is incorrect. Which it isn't. Also I'm having a hard time sending pictures via email!

View attachment 54678

Thanks!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

theres a thread already with info on how to modify apps to work with multi window, you might want to start there. as for the battery....mine has been great so you might try the ever dreaded factory reset....might help with your email issue also. sorry.......

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
You do not need root for more apps in MW, XDA was the OG with that, and you have burned 15% in three hours? You are on course for 20+ hours...seriously?

sudbury78

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Andrew welcome to the Frat. I am becoming the guy with all the questions and the issues so no worries on the noob part. haha

jackwagon06

May 15, 2012
Visit site
Andrew, maybe this will help you out. I got my note 2 on launch. I synced gmail accounts and one exchange account. The exchange account if left on push for peak and/or off peak settings, keeps the sync on, causing excessive battery drain. I had to change the sync setting for the exchange account to check every 5 minutes instead, and that solved that issue. Gmail is fine. Battery is all good. However, I have had the phone say that it cant log into exchange account due to a password issue. This phone has something different with syncing and exchange that messes with it. Not much info out there about it yet that I found. I run the same account on 4 different android devices and the s3 and note2 are the only ones that have the issue with the same exchange settings. I can leave them set to push on a galaxy nexus and touchpad with CM9, but not the s3 or note2. So long story long, are you having issues with an exchange/active sync account?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
very helpful. I have thought about the syncing between almost all accounts. i cut the syncing to manual only on the standard email app and now i am at 94% running on 2hrs and 33minutes. I also had youmail running which i hear can be a battery killer! I like Gmail more as well. thanks!

DaRkL3AD3R

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
First off you appear to have at least 1.5 hours of screen on time over the course of just about 3 hours. The screen is the number one drain on your phones battery so the fact that you only lost about 15% with that much usage is mind blowing. Also the brighter your screen the worse, so dim the screen to the very minimum to really stretch out how long you can run on the battery. But either way even on max brightness you will get a solid 4-5 hours of screen on time, which imho if you're putting in 5 hours of screen on time on an average day, then you need to get busy lol.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
armeniomanuel