Has anyone with N2 used more data than before

daso

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Even on my S3, I used an average of 2 gigs of data a month, thank god for unlimited as I seem to be using 2x the amount since I got the N2. Made it to 4 gigs this month. Has anyone else noticed they are using considerably more since the N2 is just so much more pleasing with the large screen

StevenS2k5

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
I'm actually not using more data because I'm on wifi more than I was before. I came from a gnex so I can use this phone more since the battery doesn't die after 5 hours. When I go back to college in January I'm sure my data will be more than before just because I don't have to conserve the battery.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2

Casey Cheung

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
My previous month, I blew through 12GB with my new Verizon Note 2, that is my new all time high record, haha! Before that, my record was 8GB with my previous Razr Maxx phone. Of course, first month of usage is usually highest (for me) due to downloading lots of apps initially. I'm guessing my normal usage might be less later on. Fortunately, I have unlimited 4G through Verizon.

onmyown

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
Im right there with you! I have wifi at home and at work, yet I somehow keep blowing away my data limits. Ive made all the possible adjustments to apps that auto update, helped some. Its scary.

Nibs

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
9 gigs in the 23 days I had it last month. That's with wifi use at home or wherever it's available. In comparison, I was using less than 300 mb with my iphone 4.

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
I have used 92 GBs already and I haven't finished the month yet. But I don't have wi-fi either.

sent from my Galaxy Note 2, baddest phone on the planet.

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
WTH are you doing that could use 92 gb in less than a month?!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Streaming HD movies, YouTube, streaming music, Netflix, downloading apps, uploading pictures and videos, online games, etc.

sent from my Galaxy Note 2, baddest phone on the planet.

DaRkL3AD3R

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
To the OP, yes I have noticed my data usage spiked significantly since I bought this phone. My last phone was an HTC Thunderbolt and average monthly data usage was approx 1.2-1.5GB for the month. Here I am now at the end of my cycle with close to 6GB usage. This is my all time new high record and I am pretty blown away. I honestly can't figure out where it all came from. I use the phone a decent amount initially, but that break-in period where you get your new toy and can't put it down, that ended for me weeks ago. I'm now back to my regular usage of mostly texting, reading articles on the web while I'm out, and just messing around with some apps. So I have no idea what it is that made me use so much more this month.

If I had to guess, it's because I'm coming from a shoddy single core 1Ghz processor device with 768MB of RAM that seriously slowed things down to slug pace and limited my ability to pull data. Now that I am on a quad core 1.8Ghz phone with 2GB of RAM, things move blazing fast. This feels like going from my old Pentium III 800Mhz processor to like a Core 2 Quad 2.4Ghz lol it's huge the improvement in performance and I freaking love it.

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I haven't seen a spike yet. I got the phone on the 12th of December and I have been home on vacation since the 24th. WiFi at home. I will be very curious to see what data will be once I get back to a routine of lots of travel and overnight stays like normal.

I will say that my iPad hasn't moved spots in 4 days and I usually have it with me everywhere. I have gotten so comfortable with this phone that I am doing more and more every day.

OffSpot2

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
I am finding that with the entertainment power of this phone I am using well over 5X the data useage compared to my DroidX on 3G. I kept my unlimited so not using wi-fi at all. If I was on a 2G "family plan" I would be over my cap in a week. Spooky...

treb1797

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
I'm for sure using way more data due to the fact that the battery life is so amazing on this phone. I have yet to even put in my password to use Wi-Fi here at the house.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol