Notifications Play Through Device and Bluetooth

FSchmitthammer

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
When I am on Bluetooth, does not matter which bluetooth device (A2DP), the Note 2 plays notifications through the device speaker and across the bluetooth. Why does it do this and how do I correct this? When on Bluetooth, the phone should not play any sound through the device speaker.

Thanks....

Fred

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I've noticed this on this device and on my GS3 before this. I've not seen any solution.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

specops2k3

Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
Disable media audio in the bluetooth setting for the headset you have paired.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

phantomog

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Not the easiest solution, but using the app "Tasker", you could have your phone automatically set to silent mode when your bluetooth device connects and then silent mode turned off when the bluetooth device disconnects.

RichardClark

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
Woodslink, thanks for the recommendation of SoundAbout. It's solved my need to get all notification sounds routed to my bluetooth headset. Keeps my co-workers from being annoyed every time I get a message without my having to resort to vibrate only. Thank you!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using AC Forums mobile app

AllenTadeo

Aug 4, 2016
Visit site
Woodslink, thanks for the recommendation of SoundAbout. It's solved my need to get all notification sounds routed to my bluetooth headset. Keeps my co-workers from being annoyed every time I get a message without my having to resort to vibrate only. Thank you!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using AC Forums mobile app

Hi! I just downloaded the app Soundabout. What setting (s) did you use to have only the BT headset receive notifications and mute the phone? TIA.

Allen

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay