Hey everyone. I just bought a Note 2. Everything seemed perfect...for the first ten seconds. The phone kept randomly rebooting, probably 5 times in a row. After the reboots started, the VZW Demo kept starting. It would download the files and start the app. I would then uninstall it, and then the phone would open the app again somehow. Is there anything I can do to combat or fix this?
    TIA
    01-03-2013 12:54 PM
    Hey everyone. I just bought a Note 2. Everything seemed perfect...for the first ten seconds. The phone kept randomly rebooting, probably 5 times in a row. After the reboots started, the VZW Demo kept starting. It would download the files and start the app. I would then uninstall it, and then the phone would open the app again somehow. Is there anything I can do to combat or fix this?
    TIA
    Did you try a factory restore

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk
    01-03-2013 01:01 PM
    Yes I did.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    01-03-2013 01:08 PM
    If the factory restore didn't help you then bring it right back to the Verizon store and get a new one. If you are in the 14 day period you can exchange it for a brand new one and if its defective (which it sounds like it is) you won't be charged a restocking fee. Just hope for your case that it actually does what you are saying while you are there. My luck has always been that it works perfect when I am there but when no one is around to witness the problems they continue.
    01-03-2013 01:10 PM
    Take it back and get a new one.
    01-03-2013 01:12 PM
    There is always the option of flashing the factory image but you shouldn't have to do that. personally I would show them and tell them I want a discount cause it was a demo model. But I would keep it and fix it myself if they agreed. Worth a shot

01-03-2013 01:46 PM
    There is always the option of flashing the factory image but you shouldn't have to do that. personally I would show them and tell them I want a discount cause it was a demo model. But I would keep it and fix it myself if they agreed. Worth a shot

Hey, could you help me with that or point me in the right direction? I've rooted and rommed plenty of android phones, but it's been a while. =D
    01-03-2013 01:49 PM
    !@#$ man I would march right back into the store and demand a new one on the first day if I saw it reboot that much and even show a HINT of being a store demo unit.

You paid for a new phone, not that. Return it ASAP.
    01-03-2013 01:57 PM
    At the top of this forum section there is a rooting roms and hacks sub forum. In the stickies there is info on unlocking the bootloader of you want to rom your phone.

There is also a return to stock thread aswell

01-03-2013 01:58 PM
    I wouldn't even recommend he get involved in rooting and ROM'ing this thing. He shouldn't have to at all, not for this.

All he has to do is remove his SIM and possibly SD Card from the phone, put it back in the box and take it to Verizon. Show them it's a demo unit and it's bugging out, and demand a new one. That's it. That's the proper way to resolve this situation.
    01-03-2013 02:06 PM
    I wouldn't even recommend he get involved in rooting and ROM'ing this thing. He shouldn't have to at all, not for this.

All he has to do is remove his SIM and possibly SD Card from the phone, put it back in the box and take it to Verizon. Show them it's a demo unit and it's bugging out, and demand a new one. That's it. That's the proper way to resolve this situation.
    I agree you past good money you should get brand new. .. I'm just saying if I could get a discount for a floor model that I can fix I would do it.

Bowman53 likes this.
    01-03-2013 02:09 PM