Did anyone here install drivers for the Note 2? I never have and I don't know if I need to or not. No problems at all, just wondering.
    01-04-2013 08:47 AM
    I had to in order to access my phone through MTP mode.
    01-04-2013 12:02 PM
    Did anyone here install drivers for the Note 2? I never have and I don't know if I need to or not. No problems at all, just wondering.
    The phone usualv connects as an installer. You don't need to install the drivers unless you have connection problems

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk
    01-04-2013 12:34 PM
    Hey DroidXcon I got a question about that maybe you have an answer. I'm on Jelly'Beans' ROM right now and when I connect to my PC it instantly goes to MTP connection. I remember on stock it used to connect as a driver installer "CD" basically and then after awhile it would kick into MTP. Any idea what happened to that? It doesn't do it anymore on this ROM.

I do have drivers already installed so I'm good for now, I'm just concerned in the event of a format or using someone else's PC I won't be able to install drivers is all.
    01-04-2013 02:22 PM
    Hey DroidXcon I got a question about that maybe you have an answer. I'm on Jelly'Beans' ROM right now and when I connect to my PC it instantly goes to MTP connection. I remember on stock it used to connect as a driver installer "CD" basically and then after awhile it would kick into MTP. Any idea what happened to that? It doesn't do it anymore on this ROM.

I do have drivers already installed so I'm good for now, I'm just concerned in the event of a format or using someone else's PC I won't be able to install drivers is all.
    Not sure. Do you know if you are using the stock or perseus kernel. I think the way the drivers connect is changed at the kernel level

Edit:
    Either way drivers are available if needed.
    From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk
    01-04-2013 02:55 PM