Can't delete images in gallery with "picasa" icon. I have no Picasa account.

Scott Rushlow

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
There may be one more possibility. I tried all the disabling sync, clearing cache, deleting pics in Google plus, etc. etc. to no avail. Then found out that when I set up the phone, I added TWO of my gmail accounts synced (which is fine I wanted to sync two email accounts). Thing is, some pics synced to one account and some synced to the lesser used account (non-default account if you will). I found an app called "Perfect Tool for Picasa" and it lets you log into either one of my google accounts. After logging into the OTHER account, voila', the pics I couldn't delete before were associated to that account not my main one. Deleted and no more pics.

Hope this helps anyone that is still stuck.

Last edited:

Soton_Dazza

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
Hi Scott,

I downloaded Tool for Picasa & found the image I wanted to get rid of, deleted it but it is still showing in the gallery on my phone.

Did you experience this & if so how did you then get rid of it (I have tried restarting the phone).

Cheers
Darryn

Scott Rushlow

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
Hi Darryn,

No, not showing any Picasa images anymore. So let's make sure of a couple of things.

After deleting the photos with Tool for Picasa, go to gallery, hit the menu button and choose settings. Now, for each account you show listed for your phone, tap the account name and you get a long list of services that are being synced to your phone under that account. The very last choice at the bottom is sync Picasa Web albums. Uncheck that. Now if you have more accounts tied to your phone, you have to back out and go into the other account(s) and do the same thing. That was at least my problem from before. I had stopped sync (I thought since the accounts showed sync disabled) but had not disabled Picasa on one of the accounts so it would still show.

The other possibility is the Tool for Picasa. I can't remember now, but see if the tool only deletes images from a particular account at a time. So you may have deleted images from google account #1 but not account #2.

Beyond what I described above, I'm not sure what else there is to do. I hope it works out for you.

Scott

Normie Raven

May 7, 2013
Visit site
This is very simple ..... login on your gmail account and delete all your photos on there ..... then go to your andriod (mine galaxy 3) and check the box on your gmail account to sync on your phone with web photos .. sync and when you look at your phone gallery all will be gone that you have deleted on your gmail/picasa account....

Tim Yeo

May 21, 2013
Visit site
So im really stuck ..I have a album called auto back up..I can not delete them off my phone. I deleted them off google plus app and re synced... I only want a few pictures deleted..... please help

Devilsbane

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
Thanks Scott,

Eventually got rid of it by clearing the data in the App setting for the Gallery App!

Cheers
Darryn

As did I. Clearing Cache wasn't enough. Clearing data doesn't delete anything off your phone despite what the warning leads you to believe. At least it didn't on my S4, still have camera pics and screenshots.

Additionally, you will want to uncheck the picassa sync prior to doing this, otherwise the albums will just redownload.

Michelle Byrne

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
So im really stuck ..I have a album called auto back up..I can not delete them off my phone. I deleted them off google plus app and re synced... I only want a few pictures deleted..... please help

Tim: This took me forever to work since all the forums don't actually address this. Like you, I only wanted to delete a couple of photos off my phone from my picasa account, not the whole picasa album.
You were on the right track by going to Google+ on your PC and deleting the individual photos from there. Next, go back to your phone and go to the home screen > Settings > Application manager > Gallery > Clear Data.
Don't worry, this will delete all the picasa album photos from your phone but they are not deleted from Google + so you will get them back. It does not delete any photos on your SD card.
Then go back to Gallery > menu > Settings > Choose your google account to sync > Resync picasa albums (at the bottom). This will take awhile if you have a lot of photos in your picasa / google+ albums so you might want to make sure you are on wifi.
Then they should all be back, minus the offending photos you deleted off Google + earlier! I really hope that helps you. I searched for ages trying to find the answer to this before working it out myself!

sandra211

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Tim: This took me forever to work since all the forums don't actually address this. Like you, I only wanted to delete a couple of photos off my phone from my picasa account, not the whole picasa album.
You were on the right track by going to Google+ on your PC and deleting the individual photos from there. Next, go back to your phone and go to the home screen > Settings > Application manager > Gallery > Clear Data.
Don't worry, this will delete all the picasa album photos from your phone but they are not deleted from Google + so you will get them back. It does not delete any photos on your SD card.
Then go back to Gallery > menu > Settings > Choose your google account to sync > Resync picasa albums (at the bottom). This will take awhile if you have a lot of photos in your picasa / google+ albums so you might want to make sure you are on wifi.
Then they should all be back, minus the offending photos you deleted off Google + earlier! I really hope that helps you. I searched for ages trying to find the answer to this before working it out myself!

Will turning sync back on, also return photos found in Gallery to show many with the picasa symbol on them?
Also, tonight, using picasa tool, I found web albums- would like to delete completely- have suggestions? Realize it's a bit beyond what you covered but I'm hopeful.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

sandra211

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site

Oops, meant: in picasa tool, discovered auto backup, want to delete entirely, in fact, I'm so irritated by all the synced photos involving picasa, I'd like to delete all under guise of picasa- you know how to delete this large autobackup album of photos?
I've already disabled G+ long ago. I haven't done a thing from PC but have unchecked sync p.web albums (gmail accounts still not having sync on- I miss that!), from app mgr, all, gallery, cleared data c cache is auto done) so I've got to point in gallery, I'm no longer seeing pics with picasa icon on them.
Somehow, I feel this is temporary- even tho I've got sync off, G+ off, once I figure out how to delete autobackup, I'll be golden. There may be a menu button, delete album option but I did lots of this tonight, needed to first see that gallery was cleared from having picasa iconed pics. At least, there's progress- using bright kernels from forum help, I'm in far better shape than when I first arrived to find solutions! Many thanks to all !

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

idontevenknow

Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
I also had this problem and tried what you said TofuTwit and my pictures are off Google+ now but they didn't disappear from my phone gallery they just turned grey and still have a Picasa symbol?

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
Did u go into settings applications gallery and wipe cache n data
I also had this problem and tried what you said TofuTwit and my pictures are off Google+ now but they didn't disappear from my phone gallery they just turned grey and still have a Picasa symbol?

Sent from Bad Azz VZW LG G2 Cyan Tapatalk

Mehreen Anwar

Jun 21, 2014
Visit site
Re: Can't delete images in gallery with "picasa" icon. I have no Picasa account.

The way to delete the Picasa albums off of the phone but not your Google account is to make sure that the sync option is off. Then go to Settings - Application Manager - All - Gallery - Clear Data/Clear Cache

I just did this on mine and so far so good.

'apatalk

- - - Updated - - -

Does clearing data and cache delete all photos from gallery?

BlakeHulett

Dec 14, 2014
Visit site
Umm this has been the case since ICS if I am not mistaken. If don't like full Google integration why did you buy an Android phone. I feel that I may be starting a fire here but worth me asking. Don't mean to instigate just want to know why you don't want full Google integration.

The easiest thing to do is...
• go to gallery
• go to the three dots
• go to "content to display"
• then, uncheck the picasa

Hope that helps