Can't delete images in gallery with "picasa" icon. I have no Picasa account.

SHIVA77

Banned
Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
OK, file this one under extremely annoying!

I have no Picasa account and do not want one.

Since about a week ago, every time I add an image to my Gmail Contacts, the image also shows up in my Gallery and I have no way of deleting it from the Gallery.

These images have a small Picasa icon on them, but I have no Picasa account and don 't wish to open one and certainly not on my PC.

Any ideas how to delete these pics?

Thank you, S

SHIVA77

Banned
Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
Found one way: In Gallery, press the menu button then click "View by", then click show "content in device."

But this is not an actual solution, as it neither deletes nor removes. Just temporary doesn't show the Picasa images, until the Gallery is open again.

J Teezy

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I had this too and found that the Picasa pics were pics from Google + so I deleted them there

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums

SHIVA77

Banned
Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
Yes. Just figured that out. I never signed on Google + either. I just deleted my whole G+ account and also disabled it on my phone.

Freaking Google!!! You know the song "everybody wants to rule the world." That's them. I hate Google more than Apple now. Talk about the Big brother with a capital B. They shove their damn products and services onto you without your permission.

Google = Evil Empire

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Yes. Just figured that out. I never signed on Google + either. I just deleted my whole G+ account and also disabled it on my phone.

Freaking Google!!! You know the song "everybody wants to rule the world." That's them. I hate Google more than Apple now. Talk about the Big brother with a capital B. They shove their damn products and services onto you without your permission.

Google = Evil Empire

Umm this has been the case since ICS if I am not mistaken. If don't like full Google integration why did you buy an Android phone. I feel that I may be starting a fire here but worth me asking. Don't mean to instigate just want to know why you don't want full Google integration.

TofuTwit

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
The way to delete the Picasa albums off of the phone but not your Google account is to make sure that the sync option is off. Then go to Settings - Application Manager - All - Gallery - Clear Data/Clear Cache

I just did this on mine and so far so good.

'apatalk

SHIVA77

Banned
Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
why did you buy an Android phone

I hate the word integration. I hate Google for it. That's why I never got on the Apple bang wagon. But if Google wants to be like Apple, then I'll find another OS. But so far I have managed to keep Google at bay on my phone.

I like customization, personalization, control over what features I want and lack of Big brother oversight and specially being told I must use this feature or else... Which Google does from time to time. Apple is the Mega Evil Empire and Google is getting there but on a much slower pace.

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I hate the word integration. I hate Google for it. That's why I never got on the Apple bang wagon. But if Google wants to be like Apple, then I'll find another OS. But so far I have managed to keep Google at bay on my phone.

I like customization, personalization, control over what features I want and lack of Big brother oversight and specially being told I must use this feature or else... Which Google does from time to time. Apple is the Mega Evil Empire and Google is getting there but on a much slower pace.

As I agree with many of your points I feel that you are going to be very disappointed in the near future. Please don't take this as arguing with your or something of that nature, just attempting to make a point based on past trends.

Smartphones are no long just a phone with an OS, its becoming more of an Ecosystem. Apple has iCloud/iTunes, Google has... well... Google. It isn't going to change and at the rate they are going its only going to get more integrated. While the integration will get more and more in depth and widespread, I do believe that Android will be the one OS that will give users the option to disable or turn off certain services. The world is going in a direction that seems to be more technologically intertwined with our real lives. People seem not to be able to survive without Facebook or Twitter or Google+. Simply because of the popularity of these things, we are going to see this only grow.

Personally I never used G+ up until 6 months or so ago and now I use it almost more than Facebook/Twitter. Sadly, Google has to keep up with Apple in certain areas simple because Apple can control so much in the smartphone world. Not so much technology, apps or smartphone designs but more so trends. Google isn't immune to this, they want to keep up with the market and appeal to everyone. That is why they have integration features like G+ and Picasa but at the same time allows you to disable all of these features if you don't want them. That is what makes Android great and in my personal opinion the best mobile OS out there.

SHIVA77

Banned
Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
as long we can easily opt out that's OK. but I shouldn't be forced to sign on G+ just so to post a review of an App I have bought on Play. That's ridiculous and there is no way around. What happens in the future is what we allow to happen. If we just sit still allow every big brand to become another Apple clone then we are to blame. Not them!

Dissent and complain often!

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

But this is the route all major players are headed in.

nelschroeder

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
Under settings....then select accounts sync....then select your Google account...after that uncheck "sync Google photos"....they will disappear once you do that.....

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

bryonp

Nov 1, 2009
Visit site
The way to delete the Picasa albums off of the phone but not your Google account is to make sure that the sync option is off. Then go to Settings - Application Manager - All - Gallery - Clear Data/Clear Cache

I just did this on mine and so far so good.

'apatalk

Thanks bud worked awesome!

Sent From: Yo Mama's House!

Basheer5277

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
Re: Can't delete images in gallery with "picasa" icon. I have no Picasa account.

Thank you brother

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you brother

ouaga

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
I dont have G+ anymore, and the pics which gradually appear are NOT from my picasaweb account, not an album from there.
I wonder where else those pics are flying around, this scares the S out of me, cause they are really private.

SHIVA77

Banned
Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
Google & Facebook are topping Apple as the Evil Empires of 2013.

Google is so desperate to make their G+ somewhat relevant that they force people to sign up for G+ for a long list of online activities. Such as, want to comment on a App you bought on Play, must be a G+ member to review. That is too desperate and IMO rather low and disgusting.

Facebook is so money hungry that they want to charge for everything now. I posted a status update on my page and got a pop up window saying pay $15 to reach more people. F**K You Zuck... Facebook also charges if you want to contact non-friends and charges more if you want to contact Celebs. I can't wait for FB to be over with and so we can build up the next punk who wants to rule the world. :)

Rant over!

Last edited: