Moving Apps to SD Card Without Root

bpeter

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
Are there any apps out threre that will allow apps to be moved to the SD card without Root? I know 4.1.1 out of the box will not alllow it, but I was just curious of anyone has found anything.

Thanks in advance, Bpeter.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Are there any apps out threre that will allow apps to be moved to the SD card without Root? I know 4.1.1 out of the box will not alllow it, but I was just curious of anyone has found anything.

Thanks in advance, Bpeter.

No sorry

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk

kris.richards

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
This is a huge let-down for me. I understand that Google re-partitioned how the apps are saved or whatever in JB but still, I remember being able to save apps to SD starting with Froyo was a huge deal! Why digress? I know I'm just venting but doesn't make much sense to me. If they can do it in 2.2 they should be able to keep that ability 2+ years later.

Lanhoj

May 16, 2011
Visit site
...I remember being able to save apps to SD starting with Froyo was a huge deal! Why digress?...

Back then it allowed OEM's to cheap-out on internal storage (some as low as 150MB!) relying on the fact you can expand with SD. Problem with that though is not everything can be moved and even when moved some Data remains.
Now that OEM's can't rely on that they're forced to include a decent amount of internal storage. Also since now only "real media" (vids, pics, music) can be stored to SD it means less of a chance you'll corrupt your game data if you swap SD cards frequently.
IMO it's a good thing for the Users long-term. Just hope 16GB will soon become the minimum.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ruchi Chandel