Are there any apps out threre that will allow apps to be moved to the SD card without Root? I know 4.1.1 out of the box will not alllow it, but I was just curious of anyone has found anything.

Thanks in advance, Bpeter.
    01-07-2013 07:40 AM
    Are there any apps out threre that will allow apps to be moved to the SD card without Root? I know 4.1.1 out of the box will not alllow it, but I was just curious of anyone has found anything.

Thanks in advance, Bpeter.
    No sorry

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk
    PsYcHoNeWb likes this.
    01-07-2013 07:59 AM
    This is a huge let-down for me. I understand that Google re-partitioned how the apps are saved or whatever in JB but still, I remember being able to save apps to SD starting with Froyo was a huge deal! Why digress? I know I'm just venting but doesn't make much sense to me. If they can do it in 2.2 they should be able to keep that ability 2+ years later.
    bpeter likes this.
    01-07-2013 01:04 PM
    ...I remember being able to save apps to SD starting with Froyo was a huge deal! Why digress?...
    Back then it allowed OEM's to cheap-out on internal storage (some as low as 150MB!) relying on the fact you can expand with SD. Problem with that though is not everything can be moved and even when moved some Data remains.
    Now that OEM's can't rely on that they're forced to include a decent amount of internal storage. Also since now only "real media" (vids, pics, music) can be stored to SD it means less of a chance you'll corrupt your game data if you swap SD cards frequently.
    IMO it's a good thing for the Users long-term. Just hope 16GB will soon become the minimum.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    bpeter likes this.
    01-07-2013 01:12 PM