Note 2 Dock

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
This dock is sweet! Was playing gta 3 on my big screen with a ps3 controller! Hooked up a wireless keynoard/mouse combo and everything is plug and play!

Question, where can I find a usb to note 2 mini usb adapter? (For when I want to use the ps3 controller without the dock/big screen)

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

So after posting about buying one on amazon I decided to try to make my own. It looks like a butcher did it but it works lol. I took an old charging cable and I took apart a wall charge that stopped working a long time ago. I took out the female usb port from the wall charger. I cut off the end of the charging cable and soldered it to the female usb.

Then I took apart the casing on the micro usb side and realized it was encased with silcone so I was going to give up but decided to get this done. So I took the soldering iron and melted through till I hit the pin I wanted to solder. I soldered the wire then did the same on the other side and I was done.

Hooked up my thumb drive and it automatically connected.

uduhy4yn.jpg
uvady5e8.jpg
va2y2yve.jpg

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
The Android Central store shipped my Smart Dock and it should arrive this week. $75 or whatever isn't too bad considering it's normally $100.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II

tetaganda

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
Is it me or am I missing something? My dock just arrived today and Im a little disappointed. So with 3 USB ports, I cannot use them all at the same time. I tried plugging in the wireless keyboard/mouse receiver on one, a USB drive on another one. My note 2 would only read one device at a time.

I have another setup with a 4-in-1 OTG + 4-port USB hub. I can all ports in the hub at the same time.

uploadfromtaptalk1358235250296.jpg

Is it really how the dock works?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

infmethod

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Is it me or am I missing something? My dock just arrived today and Im a little disappointed. So with 3 USB ports, I cannot use them all at the same time. I tried plugging in the wireless keyboard/mouse receiver on one, a USB drive on another one. My note 2 would only read one device at a time.

I have another setup with a 4-in-1 OTG + 4-port USB hub. I can all ports in the hub at the same time.

View attachment 56779

Is it really how the dock works?

2kWIu.jpg

This is the dock that this thread is about.

infmethod

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Just curious, if left in the dock fully charged, will that ruin the battery over time faster than letting it drain like normal?

pcbtmr

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
@DroidXcon,
1. Why did you have to remove the casing at the micro end.
2. How did you map the contacts in each and know which to connect to the female USB connector?

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
@DroidXcon,
1. Why did you have to remove the casing at the micro end.
2. How did you map the contacts in each and know which to connect to the female USB connector?

Ok on the micro usb side. There is 5 pins
Pin layout goes as follows:
1.power
2.data-
3.data+
4.Not connected
5.Ground

In order for the phone to get into the plug and play mode. Pin 4 needs to be grounded so I needed to solder a wire from pin 5 to pin 4. I used this guide for reference
http://androidhardwares.com/how-tos/how-to-make-your-own-usb-otg/

For the female usb connector I ripped out of the charger I used this wiki Page to figure out the layout
http://www.allpinouts.org/index.php/USB_-_Universal_Serial_Bus

The usb wire colors are universal standard so that was easy.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I'll have to go check it out! I have been looking for this dock. North Brunswick didnt have them the rep said.

When are you going. I went yesterday at 9:01pm and they wouldn't let me in or answer me about having any. Do you think you can pm me or gchat me to let me know if they have any.

infmethod

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Yes that's what I have too. It seems that I cannot use the usb ports simultaneously.
View attachment 56877

Must be defective. I was the same keyboard you have in your previous post and a ps3 controller at the same time. I also just tried a usb mouse with they both worked.

tetaganda

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
Would you mind explaining further?

Are you suggesting that there's 3 USB ports available yet only 1 will function if you have more than one thing plugged in?

Must be defective. I was the same keyboard you have in your previous post and a ps3 controller at the same time. I also just tried a usb mouse with they both worked.

DaRkL3AD3R, yes I tried using the wireless keyboard and usb drive at the same time but the note only recognizes one at a time. When I unplugged the keyboard, the thumb drive was detected.

Infmethod, you might be right. I will have to get a replacement from them.

infmethod

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
DaRkL3AD3R, yes I tried using the wireless keyboard and usb drive at the same time but the note only recognizes one at a time. When I unplugged the keyboard, the thumb drive was detected.

Infmethod, you might be right. I will have to get a replacement from them.

Hmmm, I have yet to try a thumb drive and anything else. I'll get back to you, though, I don't see why it shouldn't detect them all at the same time.

OK, just put in a thumb drive and it is working and I am using the keyboard/mouse at the same time.

leroybrute

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Hmmm, I have yet to try a thumb drive and anything else. I'll get back to you, though, I don't see why it shouldn't detect them all at the same time.

OK, just put in a thumb drive and it is working and I am using the keyboard/mouse at the same time.

Same here. I just can't get my hard drive that's formatted to fat32 to work.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I think the 50% off coupon you get for registering your GN2 only applies to accessories under $49.99. If I remember correctly, check the fine print

sent from Galaxy Note 2

Thatvis true. But still...what I want is on backorder

tetaganda

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
I think the 50% off coupon you get for registering your GN2 only applies to accessories under $49.99. If I remember correctly, check the fine print

sent from Galaxy Note 2

50% off applies even for items more than $49.99. I got the all share cast hub that's $99.99 and it went down to $49.99 :)

I got several other things with that, stylus with eraser, tec tiles, cases. Applied the discount to all items.

DaRkL3AD3R

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
50% off applies even for items more than $49.99. I got the all share cast hub that's $99.99 and it went down to $49.99 :)

I got several other things with that, stylus with eraser, tec tiles, cases. Applied the discount to all items.

It's kinda funny. I posted this earlier in the thread on Page 1 and yet people seem to just keep going on thinking the coupon has a $50 cap lol

Hopefully with 2 of us now confirming it works on everything now they will stop saying that hahahaha

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital