Did you buy a Verizon Galaxy Note 2 made in China or Korea?

Did you buy a Verizon Galaxy Note 2 made in China or Korea?

• Total voters

BuyOneGetFour

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Anyone recently bought the Korean made Verizon note 2 from amazon wireless?

that's gonna be hard to say, even the corporate verizon store here has both korean-made and chinese-made note 2s togeter at the same time, if you're lucky you"ll get the made in korea ones

phantomog

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
OK, so why is that more lucky than the China made Note 2 ? I'm just curious 'cause I don't have a clue.

The implication is that phones made in Korea have a higher quality than those in China. Who knows if that is true or not. Don't see any reason to tip toe around it.

My Note 2 (ordered direct from the VZW website) was made in China. I'm not losing sleep over it (nor do I think anyone should be offended by this thread).

MARZ2

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
OK, so why is that more lucky than the China made Note 2 ? I'm just curious 'cause I don't have a clue.

I exchanged my note 2 twice because of the dead pixel and dust under screen and returned the third one because of the same problems. All where made in China. My friend's note 2 is made in Korea and doesn't have a single issue.

Ed270

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Mine was made in China. I had put the poor girl at Best Buy through so much I couldn't have her go through their stock and try to find one made in Korea lol

Sent from my SCH-I605

BuyOneGetFour

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Mine was made in China. I had put the poor girl at Best Buy through so much I couldn't have her go through their stock and try to find one made in Korea lol
Sent from my SCH-I605

all Note 2 phones are placed together... all she had to do was look at the label outside of the box(on the bar code)... :)

the Chinese-made ones only have the screen problem... but the Korean-made ones have other issues... so it's really a coin-toss. :)

willypguy

May 11, 2011
Visit site
Sorry to resurrect this thread.

Bought a Note 2 yesterday, made in China. The one I got on release day was made in Korea. Bought from the same Best Buy store in NYC.

Has anyone recently bought a Note 2 that was made in Korea?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
all Note 2 phones are placed together... all she had to do was look at the label outside of the box(on the bar code)... :)

the Chinese-made ones only have the screen problem... but the Korean-made ones have other issues... so it's really a coin-toss. :)

You have got to love quality control. Makes me glad my car was made 100% in Japan to be honest. No issue with Honda cars made in America but I'm glad its not China or something.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

BuyOneGetFour

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
You have got to love quality control. Makes me glad my car was made 100% in Japan to be honest. No issue with Honda cars made in America but I'm glad its not China or something.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

I would never buy a Honda/Toyota/Nissan made in America. (or a BMW/VW/Mercedes made in America)

Having said that, I also choose never to fly on Airbus jets if I can help it. Only American-made Boeing jets for me! :)
Out of the 107,000 actuals miles I flew last year, only about 2000 are on Airbus. The rest all on Boeing. :)

BuyOneGetFour

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Sorry to resurrect this thread.

Bought a Note 2 yesterday, made in China. The one I got on release day was made in Korea. Bought from the same Best Buy store in NYC.

Has anyone recently bought a Note 2 that was made in Korea?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

I have three Note 2 phones.

(1) Verizon version, made in Korea (bought in January)
(2) international unlocked version, made in China (bought in first week of February)
(3) Verizon version, made in China (bought yesterday)

I also have three Galaxy Nexus phones
(A) Verizon version, made in Korea (bought in December 2011) traded in for $250 at VZW
(B) international non-US unlocked version, made in China (bought in July 2012) used as spare phone
(C) Verizon version, made in Korea (bought in October 2012) sold yesterday

Haven't experience anything wrong with any of them yet.... :)

tcapote

Geek Freak
May 15, 2010
Visit site
I bought a Brand New Unlocked, International Note 2 in November 2012 (ebay: DailyDeals), Made in Korea
Bought one from Amazon 1 week ago, Made in Korea (returning for a replacement, Lock screen unresponsive intermittently when scree turns on.

Update 2/16/2013: Replacement GN2 from Amazon (Verizon) also made in Korea, touch screen working fine on replacement unit.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
szcad