Speech to text works about 20% of the time

Les Abbott

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
Not keyboard specific. Stock Samsung, SwiftKey 3, and SwiftKey Flow Beta, including newest version. When I press microphone mostly it just shows the white microphone icon that precedes the loading of the red "active" microphone that actually works. Why intermittent functionality? Why mostly nonfunctional, especially since I thought the dictionary for it was now on the device abs not Internet based?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

DaRkL3AD3R

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Did you actually check to see if you did have the English (or whatever language) offline dictionary files installed? If not then as you lose signal you will have issues getting it to work.

I know for a fact I have the files installed and the handful of times I've used voice typing I never once had an issue. Of course, excluding the fact that it didn't always understand my intended words all the time.

phillthedrill

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Not keyboard specific. Stock Samsung, SwiftKey 3, and SwiftKey Flow Beta, including newest version. When I press microphone mostly it just shows the white microphone icon that precedes the loading of the red "active" microphone that actually works. Why intermittent functionality? Why mostly nonfunctional, especially since I thought the dictionary for it was now on the device abs not Internet based?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

If it's what I think you're talking about, the work around I know of is if you aren't streaming music on the Bluetooth is to turn off "media audio" in the Bluetooth settings. This fix worked for me, and google now and speech to text has stayed working.

infmethod

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
I can have my phone streaming Pandora via BT thru my car, hit the speech button, turns off the audio and then speak into the phone and it's about 98% correct. Did it work before you installed that stuff? Bad mic maybe?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles