Not keyboard specific. Stock Samsung, SwiftKey 3, and SwiftKey Flow Beta, including newest version. When I press microphone mostly it just shows the white microphone icon that precedes the loading of the red "active" microphone that actually works. Why intermittent functionality? Why mostly nonfunctional, especially since I thought the dictionary for it was now on the device abs not Internet based?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    01-10-2013 08:38 PM
    Did you actually check to see if you did have the English (or whatever language) offline dictionary files installed? If not then as you lose signal you will have issues getting it to work.

I know for a fact I have the files installed and the handful of times I've used voice typing I never once had an issue. Of course, excluding the fact that it didn't always understand my intended words all the time.
    01-10-2013 09:40 PM
    Not keyboard specific. Stock Samsung, SwiftKey 3, and SwiftKey Flow Beta, including newest version. When I press microphone mostly it just shows the white microphone icon that precedes the loading of the red "active" microphone that actually works. Why intermittent functionality? Why mostly nonfunctional, especially since I thought the dictionary for it was now on the device abs not Internet based?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    If it's what I think you're talking about, the work around I know of is if you aren't streaming music on the Bluetooth is to turn off "media audio" in the Bluetooth settings. This fix worked for me, and google now and speech to text has stayed working.
    01-11-2013 11:30 AM
    I can have my phone streaming Pandora via BT thru my car, hit the speech button, turns off the audio and then speak into the phone and it's about 98% correct. Did it work before you installed that stuff? Bad mic maybe?
    01-11-2013 12:06 PM