01-17-2013 12:07 AM
93 1234
tools
    This is exactly what my plan is. Your previous post seemed to indicate you couldn't do this. Anyhow, apologies as well for the thread hijack.
    My apologies to you for muddling up what I should have made clear. (Embarrassing.) I misunderstood how many phones you have; I guess at my age I should focus only on how many phones I have.
    01-11-2013 03:35 PM
    Congrats on your Note 2. It by far the best phone out there... But how were you able to get an early upgrade... Mine is in march also and would love to upgrade know!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    fierro951 likes this.
    01-11-2013 03:59 PM
    Hey Jude526 the Note2 is a very good choice. I had a Rezound before the Note2 and this is one of the best things about it...
    Attached Thumbnails I am so EXCITED-uploadfromtaptalk1357943154326.jpg  
    MERCDROID and CampCash like this.
    01-11-2013 04:26 PM
    Yes, transfer one of your smartphone upgrades to the dumb phone line, then upgrade that line to the Note2, then switch lines back and reactivate the dumb phone on that line. Do the same thing again with the upgrade on your second smartphone and you ought to be able to get both of them upgraded to Note2.
    This sounds to good to be true! I truly dont think this is possible!
    01-11-2013 04:42 PM
    I guess i was wrong. My bad.
    01-11-2013 05:57 PM
    Hey Jude526 the Note2 is a very good choice. I had a Rezound before the Note2 and this is one of the best things about it...
    Coming from a RAZR Maxx HD I was skeptical about battery. While it's not as good, I went to bed last night with 16 hours off the charge, 4 hours of screen time and 1 hour talk time. My battery was at 33% and it was Wi-Fi. I'm happy to say the least. The signal strength is stronger then the RAZR too.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II
    01-11-2013 07:25 PM
    Congrats on your Note 2. It by far the best phone out there... But how were you able to get an early upgrade... Mine is in march also and would love to upgrade know!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    I have the same question. My sister wants the note 2 to replace her Gnex but the upgrade isn't until march either. What's your secret so I can get her the phone before school starts back up? Thanks!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums
    01-11-2013 07:37 PM
    There is a 30.00 upgrade fee. I gave up the unlimited around 3 months ago and by choice. I originally thought I used a lot of data, but I don't. I have used more than 4. I did choose 6gig at first and I haven't gone over 4, so am staying with the 4g for right now. I at at work for the most part and not on the phone a lot, but there is wifi if I choose while I am working. I am saving a lot of money making the switch, but it is just me. I cut a lot of my bill and I also get a corporate discount. It is well worth the unlimited talk for me. It is my only phone and I do talk a lot. Some of us still use a phone LOL as a phone!
    When you think about all the things people do to keep unlimited, is it really cost effective? I might be throwing a hot topic out there, but think about it. There are people who stream a lot, etc. but for someone like me, it was a logical choice and a good decision.
    I would find out how much data you are using. Ask the customer care rep to look over the past 3 months of your bill and make a decision that way.
    I have friends who are married and they are on a 6 gig plan and they are fine with it. If you have wifi at home, that is an added plus too. I don't....my internet is the jetpack wirelss with Verizon. I will hop on wifi at work or if I am at a Starbucks, etc.
    01-11-2013 09:03 PM
    HAVENT USED more than 4Gig my error !!!
    01-11-2013 09:04 PM
    I have the same question. My sister wants the note 2 to replace her Gnex but the upgrade isn't until march either. What's your secret so I can get her the phone before school starts back up? Thanks!

I have been with Verizon for years. And the gal who got my call said I lucked out with her. You could say it does more for her classes. Might work.
    I had internet issues two weeks ago. They finally admitted to me it was them not my phone. But also in the mishap it messed up my visual voice mail. So I did another factory reset. It was their glitch that caused the problem. I think the rep
    FELT bad for all the inconvenience I was dealing with. They need to admit when there are problems. I had 3 friends who had internet problems too

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums
    01-11-2013 09:46 PM
    For some of us like myself and my girlfriend, we use well over 100 gig a month. Anything other than unlimited is simply not an option.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    karsdroid likes this.
    01-11-2013 09:59 PM
    For some of us like myself and my girlfriend, we use well over 100 gig a month. Anything other than unlimited is simply not an option.

I won't judge but holy crap. Verizon Wireless isn't supposed to be your home ISP. LOL

cdf3, xXBLACKBERRYXx5 and Jude526 like this.
    01-11-2013 10:52 PM
    It's not tethered to your PS3 / Xbox, is it? LOL
    01-11-2013 11:09 PM
    Its my home internet but I am not on it 24/7. Its everything I use. My laptop and tablet. I have the mifi jetpack for my internet. Like it

01-11-2013 11:12 PM
    Its my home internet but I am not on it 24/7. Its everything I use. My laptop and tablet. I have the mifi jetpack for my internet. Like it

I meant for Bond32, Jude526, since they already went over 100GB in a month. LOL
    xXBLACKBERRYXx5 likes this.
    01-11-2013 11:16 PM
    I meant for Bond32, Jude526, since they already went over 100GB in a month. LOL
    Me too. It's not bad for home Internet but 100 GB?! And to the person bout xbox and ps3... That uses very little bandwidth. It's streaming that uses the bandwidth.

01-11-2013 11:19 PM
    I know. I was just saying. Lol

01-12-2013 01:03 AM
    Coming from a RAZR Maxx HD I was skeptical about battery. While it's not as good, I went to bed last night with 16 hours off the charge, 4 hours of screen time and 1 hour talk time. My battery was at 33% and it was Wi-Fi. I'm happy to say the least. The signal strength is stronger then the RAZR too.

Thx

01-12-2013 01:03 AM
    I have been with Verizon for years. And the gal who got my call said I lucked out with her. You could say it does more for her classes. Might work.
    I had internet issues two weeks ago. They finally admitted to me it was them not my phone. But also in the mishap it messed up my visual voice mail. So I did another factory reset. It was their glitch that caused the problem. I think the rep
    FELT bad for all the inconvenience I was dealing with. They need to admit when there are problems. I had 3 friends who had internet problems too

Thanks for the tip! I'll give them a call this weekend and see what they can do for me. Wish me luck! And I'll be adding two more lines this week to my share everything plan which should give them some incentive to give my sisters line an early upgrade.

01-12-2013 01:06 AM
    I won't judge but holy crap. Verizon Wireless isn't supposed to be your home ISP. LOL

I'm going to be "that guy" and say why?? $30 Hotspot fee, unlimited data, I pay for it so why shouldn't I?

karsdroid likes this.
    01-12-2013 06:38 AM

WOW! What do you do to use so much data? With all due respect, unfortunately....it is users like you that have caused the carriers to throttle back and do away with unlimited data.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums
    Jude526 and Woodsy like this.
    01-12-2013 09:18 AM
    You will really like this phone!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2
    Jude526 likes this.
    01-12-2013 10:37 AM
    WOW! What do you do to use so much data? With all due respect, unfortunately....it is users like you that have caused the carriers to throttle back and do away with unlimited data.

Hahaha. This Old argument...

Ok so step back and think for just one second how every other wireless carrier does business. They don't have unlimited data because you know what? It makes them money. You know what verizon is? A business, to make money. So when they have a chance to make more money by no longer having unlimited data, do you really still believe it's people like me as the reason why it's not offered? Additionally they don't throttle 4G this has been discussed over and over. Additionally their network load due to people like me is still a tiny fraction. With everyone under the sun getting a smartphone, why still offer unlimited data, why not charge for overages now? That's some serious money to be earned. Verizon knows they have the best network and they know people will still pay for the service.

Edit: sorry didn't mean to get off topic. Just really burns my biscuits when people point fingers at those "unlimited data users".

Markster1, karsdroid and treb1797 like this.
    01-12-2013 11:07 AM
    If they were losing money off our grandfathered unlimited plans they would cancel them. They're not, they just don't make as much money as they could off everybody else using Share Everything.
    Bond32 and treb1797 like this.
    01-12-2013 01:18 PM

Have to say that this attitude is irritating.......unlimited is just that unlimited......we all jumped on for unlimited way back, pay our verizon bill, we get to use our data. those who jump off for the tiered plans, more power to you....i have no beef with your choice, and if it works for you great, but i signed up for unlimited so i can use my data and not stress about curbing my use or anyone elses on my plan. to each his own!!
    Bond32, treb1797 and Eclipse2K like this.
    01-12-2013 03:00 PM
93 1234