I am so EXCITED

GregMargie

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
First you said this.....I transferred my upgrade from my Droid Charge to my wife's dumb phone, then upgraded that to the Note 2, then switched lines so my line went to the Note 2. Then switched my wife's line back to the dumb phone. I still have unlimited data on the new Note 2, and she still has her dumb phone.

Best Buy rep did all this for me in about a half hour.

Then you said this.....
Why can't you do it? Because Verizon policies won't let you.

In order to do this upgrade and not lose unlimited data, you need to have a dumb-phone account with an available upgrade. Just the way it works.

Now, I am confused! You said you used Your Upgrade from an unlimited line to transfer to the dumb phone line to get the subsidized phone and not lose data from your line.....

Here is my scenario and Sorry Jude, didnt mean to hijack this thread.....I have two Lines with Thunderbolts that get an upgrade in Feb. and One Dumb phone line that gets an upgrade in Aug. I want to actually change both Thunderbolts to Note 2's......I know I should be able to accomplish this for ONE phone at least, as you did.....transfering the Thunderbolt upgrade to the dumb phone???

treb1797

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
What are you trying to get? Im conflicted on what i should get haha

I highly recommend...

20130111_141110-1_zps014e4f5a.jpg

MaxBuck

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
I have two Lines with Thunderbolts that get an upgrade in Feb. and One Dumb phone line that gets an upgrade in Aug. I want to actually change both Thunderbolts to Note 2's......I know I should be able to accomplish this for ONE phone at least, as you did.....transfering the Thunderbolt upgrade to the dumb phone???
Yes, transfer one of your smartphone upgrades to the dumb phone line, then upgrade that line to the Note2, then switch lines back and reactivate the dumb phone on that line. Do the same thing again with the upgrade on your second smartphone and you ought to be able to get both of them upgraded to Note2.

phantomog

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Yes, transfer one of your smartphone upgrades to the dumb phone line, then upgrade that line to the Note2, then switch lines back and reactivate the dumb phone on that line. Do the same thing again with the upgrade on your second smartphone and you ought to be able to get both of them upgraded to Note2.

This is exactly what my plan is. Your previous post seemed to indicate you couldn't do this. Anyhow, apologies as well for the thread hijack.

MaxBuck

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
This is exactly what my plan is. Your previous post seemed to indicate you couldn't do this. Anyhow, apologies as well for the thread hijack.
My apologies to you for muddling up what I should have made clear. (Embarrassing.) I misunderstood how many phones you have; I guess at my age I should focus only on how many phones I have.

lbros360

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
Congrats on your Note 2. It by far the best phone out there... But how were you able to get an early upgrade... Mine is in march also and would love to upgrade know!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Josphe72

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Hey Jude526 the Note2 is a very good choice. I had a Rezound before the Note2 and this is one of the best things about it...

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1357943154326.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1357943154326.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 68

GregMargie

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site

This sounds to good to be true! I truly dont think this is possible!

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Hey Jude526 the Note2 is a very good choice. I had a Rezound before the Note2 and this is one of the best things about it...

Coming from a RAZR Maxx HD I was skeptical about battery. While it's not as good, I went to bed last night with 16 hours off the charge, 4 hours of screen time and 1 hour talk time. My battery was at 33% and it was Wi-Fi. I'm happy to say the least. The signal strength is stronger then the RAZR too.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II

fierro951

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Congrats on your Note 2. It by far the best phone out there... But how were you able to get an early upgrade... Mine is in march also and would love to upgrade know!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

I have the same question. My sister wants the note 2 to replace her Gnex but the upgrade isn't until march either. What's your secret so I can get her the phone before school starts back up? Thanks!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
There is a 30.00 upgrade fee. I gave up the unlimited around 3 months ago and by choice. I originally thought I used a lot of data, but I don't. I have used more than 4. I did choose 6gig at first and I haven't gone over 4, so am staying with the 4g for right now. I at at work for the most part and not on the phone a lot, but there is wifi if I choose while I am working. I am saving a lot of money making the switch, but it is just me. I cut a lot of my bill and I also get a corporate discount. It is well worth the unlimited talk for me. It is my only phone and I do talk a lot. Some of us still use a phone LOL as a phone!
When you think about all the things people do to keep unlimited, is it really cost effective? I might be throwing a hot topic out there, but think about it. There are people who stream a lot, etc. but for someone like me, it was a logical choice and a good decision.
I would find out how much data you are using. Ask the customer care rep to look over the past 3 months of your bill and make a decision that way.
I have friends who are married and they are on a 6 gig plan and they are fine with it. If you have wifi at home, that is an added plus too. I don't....my internet is the jetpack wirelss with Verizon. I will hop on wifi at work or if I am at a Starbucks, etc.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I have the same question. My sister wants the note 2 to replace her Gnex but the upgrade isn't until march either. What's your secret so I can get her the phone before school starts back up? Thanks!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

I have been with Verizon for years. And the gal who got my call said I lucked out with her. You could say it does more for her classes. Might work.
I had internet issues two weeks ago. They finally admitted to me it was them not my phone. But also in the mishap it messed up my visual voice mail. So I did another factory reset. It was their glitch that caused the problem. I think the rep
FELT bad for all the inconvenience I was dealing with. They need to admit when there are problems. I had 3 friends who had internet problems too

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums

Bond32

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
For some of us like myself and my girlfriend, we use well over 100 gig a month. Anything other than unlimited is simply not an option.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
For some of us like myself and my girlfriend, we use well over 100 gig a month. Anything other than unlimited is simply not an option.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

I won't judge but holy crap. Verizon Wireless isn't supposed to be your home ISP. LOL

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Its my home internet but I am not on it 24/7. Its everything I use. My laptop and tablet. I have the mifi jetpack for my internet. Like it

Droid_Evo_8

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Its my home internet but I am not on it 24/7. Its everything I use. My laptop and tablet. I have the mifi jetpack for my internet. Like it

I meant for Bond32, Jude526, since they already went over 100GB in a month. LOL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance