Screen turns on when I receive a text.

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Sorry was about to respond to this but had work come up. Only way I would think in the stock SMS program would be to disable preview.

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Wouldn't that also stop the notification bar preview?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Yes but in order to stop the screen from turning on that would be my only guess. You will still get the notification icon, but it just wont scroll the text when you first receive the text message.

Topgonzo

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
Before I installed go sms my phone never turned on when I got a text.. You can have the preview in your notification bar still scroll up text without the phone coming on when u receive a text.

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE

MaxBuck

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
My screen doesn't turn on when I receive texts. I use the standard messaging app that is pre-loaded onto the phone. My notification LED does light up in blue, though, just as it does for new emails.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm happy with a third party application anyways because I'm sick of MMS being slide shows when received.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Okay, so Handcent doesn't light my screen but LED doesn't blink but rather stays on constantly. MMS is still an annoying Slide Show...

Still, a small inconvenience and I'll deal with it.

Last edited:

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I use the free app Light Flow it lets you change the notification so the screen doesn't turn on change vibration and anything else you desire.

Oh, Light Flow would stop this? I may have to give this a go. Now if only Samsung would allow MMS to be a image and not slide show.

crl95

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Oh, Light Flow would stop this? I may have to give this a go. Now if only Samsung would allow MMS to be a image and not slide show.

Download light flow lite click notifications then the bottom right one is SMS click that then under the notifications tab uncheck the last option it says switch screen on

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Download light flow lite click notifications then the bottom right one is SMS click that then under the notifications tab uncheck the last option it says switch screen on

Doesn't work as it's deselected by default.

No big deal, I got my LED to blink with Handcent by changing the Blink Rate from Default to Normal.

Last edited:

Rohit_Chawla

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I have T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S (Vibrant) phone.
Its Screen turns on when I receive a text and keeps glowing unless you unlock and lock it again. This waste a lot of battery.
Can some one help me in solving this issue?

thanks
Rohit

karsdroid

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Okay, so Handcent doesn't light my screen but LED doesn't blink but rather stays on constantly. MMS is still an annoying Slide Show...

Still, a small inconvenience and I'll deal with it.

i love handcent....there's tons of ways to customize.....i personally don't like the popups so i turn them off.....mms is not a slide show on mine......

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
i love handcent....there's tons of ways to customize.....i personally don't like the popups so i turn them off.....mms is not a slide show on mine......

I did figure out how to change the LED blink speed though. By default its set to stay lit. Change speed to normal or whatever and it works. For MMS, its a slideshow if someone includes text along with it.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk 2.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

I have T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S (Vibrant) phone.
Its Screen turns on when I receive a text and keeps glowing unless you unlock and lock it again. This waste a lot of battery.
Can some one help me in solving this issue?

thanks
Rohit

Download Handcent. In the apps menu on Android, disable Messaging or at least disable notifications. Then in the hand cent settings, play around with them. Default the program for MMS and SMS and than turn the screen on when message received off.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk 2.

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I'm happy with a third party application anyways because I'm sick of MMS being slide shows when received.

What 3rd party messaging app you're using?
I'm using Handcent, and they're still coming in as slide shows if pictures are sent along with text.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Artistnos