Unread message notification

cajunbeast

May 12, 2010
Visit site
I still have an unread message icon with the number 1. It's driving me insane. I've cleared message data and still nothing. Stock app. Help!

:confused:

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

sudbury78

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Text or mail? If its mail, go into your email via the web and find the unread mail. Happens to me sometimes with gmail. Text I wouldn't be sure how.

cajunbeast

May 12, 2010
Visit site
It's text.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1357957981721.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1357957981721.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 768
Last edited by a moderator:

bvitale

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Do you have another messaging app installed? Maybe it is thinking the message has been unread because it hasn't been viewed from the other app. If not then maybe you have a weird message. Did you delete all messages? Is that what you meant by saying you cleared message details? Good luck.

Brandon

cajunbeast

May 12, 2010
Visit site
I cleared the message data in the stock app. I've never used anything other than the stock sms app. I've checked all voice mails, emails and sms/mms. Still showing an unread message.... Fml.

Haha

saparda

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
i'm having the same problem...it just started today!

restart, power off, battery off, read every text and still that notification is still there showing that i have 1 text! @_@

help!!!

bigoldthor

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Try downloading a different messaging app. Set it up then clear data from the stock app. Then turn off notifications in the stock app and turn them on in the new app. Have someone send you a text and see if you get the proper number in the new app and not the old. Then read that message in the new app to see if the unread count goes away in the new app. Then check the stock app again.

If that doesn't work, hide the stock app icon for a few days and try using the new app. It will probably eventually go away in the stock app but keep checking. Seems like I had something like this a while back and I tinkered with the the new app/old app gymnastics as above until it went away. If nothing else, it will be out of sight and you'll have a better 3rd party app. I'm using Go but Handcent is good too.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

phantomog

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
some quick googling revealed some GS3 owners with similar complaints.

Go to Settings > Application Manager > All applications (on the top). Locate the "BadgeProvider" app, once in there select "clear data" and reboot

Above was the suggestion. I have no idea if it works or if it is safe to do. Perhaps useful... ? I don't know.

bigoldthor

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
You could also download sms backup and restore from play. Backup all your messages in a safe place, then delete them all from the stock app. Reboot and check the stock app. If there are no messages in it there shouldn't be any showing unread. Then simply restore the messages from backup.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

DjNemes1s

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
some quick googling revealed some GS3 owners with similar complaints.

Go to Settings > Application Manager > All applications (on the top). Locate the "BadgeProvider" app, once in there select "clear data" and reboot

Above was the suggestion. I have no idea if it works or if it is safe to do. Perhaps useful... ? I don't know.

Thanks so much man!!! This worked! I'd tried everything else and it was driving me crazy! :D :D This worked on a Samsung Galaxy S3 btw for anyone else searching a solution.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon