is Galaxy Note 2 considered Verizon's current "flagship" Android smartphone?

badkitties

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
is Galaxy Note 2 considered Verizon's current "flagship" Android smartphone?

I got into an argument with the manager at the Verizon corporate store this afternoon.
She insists that Verizon's current flagship Android smartphone is the HTC Droid DNA.
As a new Note 2 owner, I had no choice but to disagree with her. :D

taylorz_412

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
No I would say the DNA is just because its a droid and that's Verizon's flagship lineup of phones not saying its better but that's just how it works

Tunnelrunner

Nov 8, 2008
Visit site
I'm biased because I'm a Note II user, so I agree with the OP - until the S4 comes out, which will then be the next "flagship" Android phone.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I'm biased because I'm a Note II user, so I agree with the OP - until the S4 comes out, which will then be the next "flagship" Android phone.

-any droid phone is Verizon's flagship since they co-own the rights to anything labeled ?Droid"along with lucas arts.

Note 2 and GS3 are Samsung's flagship but not Verizon.

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk

AZSALUKI

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Being that the dna is a "droid" and the fact that verizon pushed the launch of the note ii to push the dna, the dna is "their" flagship android. It's a pretty sick phone, and I was going to get one, but no sd and only 11 gigs formatted is a joke.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
I think "Flagship" is very subjective, thus really doesn't mean much, so I wouldn't worry about it. Myself, it has no bearing on my phone of choice or how I feel about that phone. :)

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I actually read a VZ news release that stated the DNA replaced the GS3 as their flagship through year end, I believe. I think the article came out around the launch of the DNA.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Verizon's flagship "droid" is the DNA. People will buy it on that principal alone. Don't get me wrong, it is a great device, but the note 2 is a universal flagship device like the iphone if you will.

So just because Verizon has the dna as the "droid" and markets it as a implanted missile launcher ha ha, that has no bearing on what is actually going to be a flagship device for you:D

Bond32

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
When you look at things like wireless charging, where they removed it from the note 2 however it is active on the droid dna it further strengthens the dna as the flagship.

Tunnelrunner

Nov 8, 2008
Visit site
-any droid phone is Verizon's flagship since they co-own the rights to anything labeled ?Droid"along with lucas arts.

Note 2 and GS3 are Samsung's flagship but not Verizon.

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk

You're right. I was just being half serious when replying. But all kidding aside, I do think the Note II is more of the"Android Flagship" device while the DNA is more of the "Verizon's Flagship" device.

In the end, just get whatever works for you, regardless of marketing labels.

jasongeiger

May 2, 2011
Visit site
The thunderbolt was a flag ship phone also so they supported it big time hahaha!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Lol, I remember the HTC thunderbolt flagship days.....wow time flies.

Casey Cheung

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
The Thunderbolt............memories! I waited in front of a Verizon store at 5am on debut day to be first in line to buy their "flagship" Thunderbolt phone! Things have sure changed since then.