is Galaxy Note 2 considered Verizon's current "flagship" Android smartphone?

rebelguy

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Re: is Galaxy Note 2 considered Verizon's current "flagship" Android smartphone?

I am really curious about the sales numbers of the Note 2 for Verizon. I have been in various corporate stores at least 7 or 8 times in the past month and I have watched a lot of Note 2 sales transpire. I have yet to see anyone purchase a DNA. The biggest debate I usually witness is people deciding been the iphone 5 and the Note 2.

The other thing I find interesting is trying to find accessories in store. I have tried Verizon, Sprint, AT&T, and Best Buy trying to find cases and with the exception of Samsung flip cases everything is sold out in my area. Most of the salespeople I have talked with stated that they did not anticipate the huge demand for the phone.

nDroid3

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: is Galaxy Note 2 considered Verizon's current "flagship" Android smartphone?

I work on Capitol Hill...and I haven't seen any Note2s or DNA's here.
I have the DNA myself and I'm always looking for anyone else who has one but to no avail...

I believe the the DNA is the Verizon Flagship but the Note2 is more popular.

nDroid3

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site

I work on Capitol Hill...and I haven't seen any Note2s or DNA's here.
I have the DNA myself and I'm always looking for anyone else who has one but to no avail...

I did notice that eversince I went back to android...I've been seeing a hell of a lot more SG3s around than Iphones.
Though the government went to iphones and trashed all their blackberrys, I have seen an emergence of Sg3 has personal phones.

I believe the the DNA is the Verizon Flagship but the Note2 is more popular.

richdroidx

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
Dna note 2 s3 and that fruit phone are all flagships. The more options of flagships on a carrier gives them a better chance of keeping existing consumers and adding new ones.

One flagship and nobody likes it equal fail!

Now if your asking whats the most expensive phone that would be note 2 and dna @699.

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Being that the dna is a "droid" and the fact that verizon pushed the launch of the note ii to push the dna, the dna is "their" flagship android. It's a pretty sick phone, and I was going to get one, but no sd and only 11 gigs formatted is a joke.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

That's exactly why I didn't get it. SD card and I'd own it already.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
That's exactly why I didn't get it. SD card and I'd own it already.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Meh, an sd card is kind of irrelevant if you ask me. You cant move apps to sd card anymore, anyways. So the only good its for is media, which I keep in the cloud anyways for backup.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums

Aznmrtaxes

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
For me the SD card isn't an issue. And I assume that most people will feel the same way. I'm by no means a heavy user. I do everything over cloud.

I gave my note 2 to my wife bc I very much dislike TW and got myself a free Droid DNA. I think its an ugly UI and there is lag on processing. You may ask how do I determine that processing lags...I play this game called jetpack joyride. When I run the game its very obvious there is lags in the game and its not smooth at all unlike when I run it on an iPhone or a Droid DNA.

One other reason I chose to give my wife the note 2 is due to overwhelming amount of useless feature like running 2 apps at the same time. She loves all the features on it and actually use it, for me I will never use it. And I also never use S-Pen either. Call me a simpleton but I wanted a more simplistic smartphone. So flagship or not it didn't matter to me. Too many features actually became a downfall. I heard the S4 has crazy amounts of features, some useful, some useless, personally it just overwhelms me, so something that supposed to make my life more simple end up making it more complicated. I'm glad I made the switch. I guess my point is flagship or not, the user needs determines what phones will be purchased, at least for some of us.

Sent from my HTC Droid DNA using Tapatalk

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
which is? :)

I am re-visiting this thread just to see what the status is after 4 months.... apparently now the "flagship" Android phone is the S4... :(

The term "flagship" means: "most prominent or highly touted". So it makes sense that the Galaxy S4 could now be considered Verizon's "flagship" phone. I don't think it means "best". That's actually subjective depending on your own needs/wants. :)

badkitties

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
The term "flagship" means: "most prominent or highly touted". So it makes sense that the Galaxy S4 could now be considered Verizon's "flagship" phone. I don't think it means "best". That's actually subjective depending on your own needs/wants. :)

excellent point. :) Verizon's "best" phone is currently the Apple iPhone 5, according to the employees and manager at my local Verizon corporate store. ALL of them have iPhone 5 as their personal phones. :(

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
excellent point. :) Verizon's "best" phone is currently the Apple iPhone 5, according to the employees and manager at my local Verizon corporate store. ALL of them have iPhone 5 as their personal phones. :(

Not really surprising, since iPhones outsold all other os's combined on Verizon.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II