New Google search update wants open access to audio, camera and video!!

SHIVA77

Banned
Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
The audacity of Google has no limit.

Their latest update to the Google search App is now requiring, and not needing our permission, free and open access to the phone mic, photo and video camera. Meaning they want to be able to record sound and take pics or video anytime they desire.

And I don't see a way to refuse their request short of not updating the search or just removing Google search all together.

Anyone knows a way around this? A way to disable their access to the phone audio/visual?

"... anytime without your confirmation."

Screenshot_2013-01-15.png

Last edited:

Yurij

Feb 13, 2012
Visit site
The audacity of Google has no limit.

Their latest update to the Google search App is now requiring, and not needing our permission, free and open access to the phone mic, photo and video camera. Meaning they want to be able to record sound and take pics or video anytime they desire.

And I don't see a way to refuse their request short of not updating the search or just removing Google search all together.

Anyone knows a way around this? A way to disable their access to the phone audio/visual?

Disable the app in Settings->Apps-> All

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk HD

SHIVA77

Banned
Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
of course that's one option. but I want to use google search. why am I being forced to accept spy tactics by google vs simply using their search without worry. this is ridiculous.

Bobman

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
It isn't spy tactics. It's so you can ask it what music you are listening to and do Google Goggle stuff I think. :)... Or maybe they are listening to me sit in silence at work.

SHIVA77

Banned
Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
Found a bit more info on this. Someone wrote:

That means that when you go to use voice search or goggles, the functions connect.

Without a separate dialog asking for your permission each and every time.