Google Voice Voicemail Notifications?

Steve Deveau

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
Me too! I get few messages, so I can only estimate that this started a month or two ago. I have the GV update that claims to address the issue, but it doesn't do anything for me.

ALCingularUser

May 17, 2011
Visit site
Very strange. I have GV on my Note 2,and status bar notifications work fine. Could it have anything to do with where you got your GV number? Mine was obtained from Google Voice. Did anyone with this issue get theirs from Grandcentral?

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Very strange. I have GV on my Note 2,and status bar notifications work fine. Could it have anything to do with where you got your GV number? Mine was obtained from Google Voice. Did anyone with this issue get theirs from Grandcentral?

I don't get notification bar alerts and I have had my GV numbers for a long time and got it from Google.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

ootay

Jul 1, 2012
Visit site
Just got an S3 and Note 2 both of which I do not get a notice of a new voice mail with Google voice. Didn't have this problem with galaxy nexus or nexus s. Must be a problem with Samsung's phone app on S3/Note2

chgomaverick

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
I thought I'd chime in. I have a new Samsung Galaxy Note 2 after having a Galaxy S2 for over a year. I had gone through the same thing that everyone is talking about with the S2, and now the note 2 is the same. I get nothing forwarded to Google Voice, only to T-Mobile's seriously deficient interface.

Here's what I'm finding:
With the old Galaxy S2:
- upon installing GV, voicemail telno was changed by the GV app, but it still had a conflict with realtime forwarding.
- I spoke to t-mobile several times and Google (once) am=nd they were both confis3ed and denied there wasa problem, pointing fingers at the other...

With the new Note 2:
- upon installation of GV, the voicemail telno is NOT changed at all (you can check this under call/callsetting/call forwarding/voice call/. there's 4 forwarding options, 3 have tthe voicemail forwarding number. T-Mobile's forwarding number is 806-xxx-xxxx, and it never changes when I install GV, so clearly the forwarding goes to the phone default).
- I receive voicemail that I can read via T-Mobile's interface, even though I just installed Google Voice.
- one thing I noticed... in the GV menu, the "Voicemail settings" option is dimmed out, thus nothing can be changed at all.

I think it's a done deal, folks... I think Google knows there's a problem and doesn't know how to fix it, so they don't give you the Voicemail Settings options. Sucks.

thoughts?

has anybody tried calling Google or your carrier's tech support on this??

tserao

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
i had the same problem found that you need to turn off the option in the google voice app settings make sure the voicemail display (display in call log) is not checked and it should work fine.

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
i had the same problem found that you need to turn off the option in the google voice app settings make sure the voicemail display (display in call log) is not checked and it should work fine.

This method makes it all work the way it should. Good find!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

phantomog

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site

I've always had that off. Anyways, I did turn off the text notification for voicemails now and it does indeed seem to work now so I'm thinking there was a fix on the google voice app. Regardless, thanks for the heads up.

TabGuy

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
I've used Google voice exclusively for my phone number, voice mail and text for years. It seems to work fine on my Note 2. I get texts, phone calls and voice mail just as I have on my previous phone.

I've told the GV to use GV for all my calls.

tserao

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
no there has not been an update to gv for awhile not sure what it is but it works now... I spent hours on the phone with Verizon and Samsung in reguards to this Samsung stated to me that they were aware that there is a issue and that it has something to do with something in touchwiz and that it is a third party app so it is up to google to fix. That was the only response they gave me. so in playing I found this to get it to give notifications so hope it works well for all till they do anything.

Archon810

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site

Oh my god, I haven't had a working GV notification for 2 months now, and this resolved the problem. What an idiotic and cryptic bug/feature. Thank you.

weucaowe

May 13, 2013
Visit site
It's been a problem for quite a while now. After restarting the phone, notifications don't work until I manually launch the app. As others have said, background data and notifications are enabled. Apparently it's not starting up at boot time like it's supposed to.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21