Help, I can't make it stop !!!

fwhomeboy

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
I can manually stop all the programs from running in the background but 5 minutes later, they are all running again. What am I doing wrong. Help !!!

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
No, not rebooting. I know theres something I'm missing so far as the setting to disable. I'm still diggin'

Apps do not run in the background unless they are designed to. Such as navu, music players antivirus. Some apps share resources so they appear to be open but are not running. Other apps get cached for quick for the system to run more efficiently.
You are most likely causing battery drain and are hinderring performance on your phone by constantly ending background app. Please tell me you are not using a task killer from the market aswell.

Its possible you have rouge app but unlikely. What apps are opening or "running"

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk

fwhomeboy

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
Apps do not run in the background unless they are designed to. Such as navu, music players antivirus. Some apps share resources so they appear to be open but are not running. Other apps get cached for quick for the system to run more efficiently.
You are most likely causing battery drain and are hinderring performance on your phone by constantly ending background app. Please tell me you are not using a task killer from the market aswell.

Its possible you have rouge app but unlikely. What apps are opening or "running"

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk

No. I'm not using an app killer. The programs that continue to run are:
Yahoo Mail
Brightest Flashlight
Amazon Marketplace
Maps
Voicemail
Backup Assistant plus
Media hub
Video Player
and a few more.

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Yahoo Mail
Brightest Flashlight
Amazon Marketplace
Maps
Voicemail
Backup Assistant plus
Media hub
Video Player
and a few more.

Those all seems like the bloat that comes on the phone. Do they run in your recents tab or just the running application tab under the settings menu? If they are under the settings menu and once stop them and they restart then the only way to get them to stop is either find if they are syncing and disable the syncing.

bulldogmoe7

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
yahoo mail will run cause its finding the emails aka pushed
brightest flashlight ?? hmm
amazon market? looking for a new app
maps well that will always run. cause you phone is using the locations serviced on certain apps like weather or such
voicemail well it waiting for that voicemail to arrive when it does
back up sucks what can i say IMHO
media hub no answer

some of those apps you can disable them an they wont pull up and run anymore
Yahoo Mail
Brightest Flashlight
Amazon Marketplace
Maps
Voicemail
Backup Assistant plus
Media hub
Video Player
and a few more.

nlitenme

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Please don't stress over this. Android/Linux is designed to use the RAM it has to be more efficient. Many are so used to thinking how MS Windows wants as much free RAM as possible & that is actually counterproductive in Android. Let the operating system manage the apps like it was designed to. Both you & your phone will be better off this way.

fwhomeboy

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
I'm so use to having to keep everything turned off so my Thunderbolt would last more than four hour. Maybe I'll take your advise and stop crying over nothing. My battery last all day anyway. Thanks.

dt81

Sep 25, 2010
Visit site
Brightest flashlight app has just been rated number 1 for most decieving app that has permissions that it should not. It tracks your location and contacts. I would un install it

fwhomeboy

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
Brightest flashlight app has just been rated number 1 for most decieving app that has permissions that it should not. It tracks your location and contacts. I would un install it

Oh really. I need to read that. You got a link? I might have more junk to unistall.

Wait, I found it. I see that Pandora and Shazamm do the same thing. Thanks again.

Smartphone apps tracking location might shock you: Angry Birds, Brightest Flashlight app among most surprising offenders - NY Daily News

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one01