Galaxy Note II 4.1.2 Update Warning

universeand

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
My meter dropped like 10% immediately after a battery pull reboot I did after the OTA update. That just happened so I'll see how things go over the next few days.

rkeenan

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
No issues with my battery since the update. But I'm not on 4.1.2, still in 4.1.1.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

It was just a minor update. We are still on 4.1.1 unless you have a custom rom. OP mislabeled the thread. There won't be a 4.1.2 for awhile.

fofjjsr

Android4life
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
I got the update last night. Noticed battery drop faster than normal. Normally I got noon time at around 90% with some usage. It's 10am and I am at 83% with minimal usage. Gonna download CPU spy and see how the rest of the day goes.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2

thisisanton

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
I'm not having battery issues, but now Google Play Store crashes every time I try to use it. I tried clearing data and restarting, but it still does the same thing. And I get this message "Unfortunately, the process com.google.process.gapps has stopped."

ALCingularUser

May 17, 2011
Visit site
I only did the update last night and I'm still at 82% from 100% 8 hours ago. Light usage.

I have noticed one odd thing and I've rebooted the phone twice to try and clear this up. The GPS indicator comes on randomly and it never did this before the update. Has anyone else noticed this? It doesn't stay on long but wtf? XD
Don't worry, it's just sending your location back to the NSA. They're planning a surprise party for you and want to know when you're out of your house so they can go in and set up. Oops, the guys in the black suits just told me I wasn't supposed to tell you that..

But seriously, it could be Google Now. I can't remember where I saw it, but there's a setting where it will check your location every now and then to determine if you're at home, work, etc. so it can give you info on your next commute.

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
A few days ago, I read in another thread about increased battery drain and I wonder if does have something to do with GPS. Mine is always turned off (only turn on as needed) and haven't noticed any increased battery drain. I also don't use Google Now and have it disabled as well.

gafly

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I deferred the update but I have noticed increased battery drain over the past couple of days. I downloaded the battery stats plus app and it shows Lcdtest having a partial wake usage time that equals the time the Note 2 has been on. I don't know if this is abnormal though as I just downloaded the app a little while ago. Any one else experiencing the same with Lcdtest?

Edit... I also downloaded CPU spy and the Note is not going into Deep Sleep either.

beefchopper

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
I deferred the update but I have noticed increased battery drain over the past couple of days. I downloaded the battery stats plus app and it shows Lcdtest having a partial wake usage time that equals the time the Note 2 has been on. I don't know if this is abnormal though as I just downloaded the app a little while ago. Any one else experiencing the same with Lcdtest?

Edit... I also downloaded CPU spy and the Note is not going into Deep Sleep either.

I haven't downloaded that app but have also deferred the update (and hopefully prevented it by freezing SDM 1.0) and I have not noticed any difference in battery use which remains phenomenally good.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
yep new law come out today they will brick all unloceked phones as part of that new update lots of phones got bricked already warning warning

Galaxy note 2 is SIM unlocked so under the new law if they sent an update to brick our phones as you suggest VZW would have a major class lawsuit on their hands. Verizon is greedy not stupid(arguably)

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk

Kongk1ng

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
Had a similar problem with the battery life after the update, took the phone to the service centre and got it down graded to 4.1.1, now the battery life is good ..

Easton091

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
As far as I know this update didn't set it to 4.1.2. I know my phone is still at 4.1.1

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk 2

Kim Igel

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
I dropped from 28-30 hours to 16 after the 4.1.2 update.... checked for a couple of days.
then I noticed that my GPS was on all the time in the notification area, - and I turned it off - can't remember how it was set before. I also turned the phone off and charged with the original charger all night, as someone mentioned that to be the most effective.

After 14 hours of uptime, - I was expecting battery state to be 'low', - but it's actually at 60%...

I'll bet the GPS turned off made a difference for me here. Please check.

Have rebooted after 4.1.2 but before the above, - have checked with cpuspy and lowered my 'sync' settings all over without getting my standby time back. until I turned off the gps.

Kim Igel.

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I dropped from 28-30 hours to 16 after the 4.1.2 update.... checked for a couple of days.
then I noticed that my GPS was on all the time in the notification area, - and I turned it off - can't remember how it was set before. I also turned the phone off and charged with the original charger all night, as someone mentioned that to be the most effective.

After 14 hours of uptime, - I was expecting battery state to be 'low', - but it's actually at 60%...

I'll bet the GPS turned off made a difference for me here. Please check.

Have rebooted after 4.1.2 but before the above, - have checked with cpuspy and lowered my 'sync' settings all over without getting my standby time back. until I turned off the gps.

Kim Igel.

I don't believe VZ has released, or even will release 4.1.2. We did get an update in January, but I believe it was a patch for the vulnerability.

MARZ2

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
I did noticed the battery drain issue after the update. This is a known issue for galaxy s3 with no apparent fix. Turning off the phone and removing the battery for 10 minutes is a temporary fix. Or rebooting the phone regularly.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles