Any Note 2 users worried about not getting android 5.0?

Are you worried about receiving the next version of Android?

• Total voters

elvisgp

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
As we all know Samsung is not the best at updates, however they have been stepping it up lately. But Verizon on the other hand is the modern day Nero. They don't care about updating their users, and would just rather leave them stuck on an old os. So, are any of you worried about being stuck on jelly bean when android 5.0 is announced? Would you rather go nexus?

FBPD10

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
Even on a nexus your doomed with Verizon. Good with LTE and coverage. Nothing else

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Android Central Forums

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I will face my Note2 for one week as of tomorrow. I am very happy with it. As long as my phone runs well I am content. I won't dump my Note2

sent from my awesome Galaxy Note2

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Not worried at all Samsung has come along way since the days of OG galaxy S updates times.

It is one of , if not the most capable phones in the market if this phone doesn't get it, no phone will (sans nexus).

And if Verizon C-blocks it I'm sure Samsung will leak it.

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk

Josphe72

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
As we all know Samsung is not the best at updates, however they have been stepping it up lately.

My Gtab 2 7"(wifi only) has gotten four updates since May and the last one brought it to jellybean os.
No Verizon to interfere though.
Hope the Note2 might get some love from Verizon.

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Not worried at all. I'm content with the software the phone shipped with (Jelly Bean 4.1.1). It works great as is and I really have no need or want for new features that may be in newer versions of Android. My only expectation going forward is for maintenance releases. :)

elvisgp

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
I wonder if many features android 5 will bring, we have already in touch wiz.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

N2myN2

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
My last phone (Thunderbolt) is still on Gingerbread. My daughter uses it with wifi. I'm on Jellybean because I upgraded.
Every two years I'll play their game.

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Not worried at all Samsung has come along way since the days of OG galaxy S updates times.

It is one of , if not the most capable phones in the market if this phone doesn't get it, no phone will (sans nexus).

And if Verizon C-blocks it I'm sure Samsung will leak it.

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk

This

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Missed the last part about "Would you rather go nexus?"

No, I wouldn't. I have a Nexus 7 and like it, but vanilla Android just doesn't measure up for me. It lacks too many things already included in Sense or TouchWiz. Also from my experience with the Nexus 7, I'm not fond of the frequent updates, some of which have made me feel like I'm a beta tester for Google. Finally, I'm just not crazy about LG's hardware in the current Nexus 4, in particular its lack of LTE. Verizon has the best coverage where I live and I'm surrounded by LTE with grandfathered unlimited data yet, so I'd be crazy to give that up. :)

elvisgp

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
So? We're talking Verizon bottleneck here. If all other carriers update to 5.0, Verizon will be last, if ever.

And you are certainly right. But I'm just saying HTC is a little worse with updates than Samsung is.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

GregMargie

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
My last phone (Thunderbolt) is still on Gingerbread. My daughter uses it with wifi. I'm on Jellybean because I upgraded.
Every two years I'll play their game.

I can't wait to say the Thunderbolt was my last phone haha.....it sounds like Jelly Bean is fantastic just the way it is, and I can't wait to get the Note 2 next month! hopefully!

Hopefully a Galaxy Note ll owner Soon!

JediJesus95

Nov 1, 2009
Visit site
I'm not concerned. I have a Nexus 7 and ill get a Nexus 10 or what ever the next big Nexus tablet will be. Those will keep me up to date. I'll be fine with my GN2 being a little behind.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000