Never gets old

dedduck0121

May 1, 2012
Visit site
Took my note II out to look up something on Google that a coworker was talking about and they saw the phone were taken back by the size and power.

She is an iphone 5 user and said that if she knew this phone was out she would have gotten this instead. She was completely blown away by the swype feature on the Android keyboard and the multi view feature.

Really love getting reactions like this :D

Sent from my Galaxy Note II

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
I actually converted my boss. He had an iPhone 4S and was considering the 5 but he hasn't stopped oogling my phone since I got it. He came in yesterday with a brand new Note 2(In an otter box that made it even bigger than mine).

Casey Cheung

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
For kicks, when a friend or coworker with an iPhone notices the size of my Note 2, I like to place my Note 2 directly on top of their iPhone to make their iPhone look like an insect, haha!

scribe4food

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I was at BJ's in Pasadena CA., having a Stone IPA and reading The Dome on the Playbook app. The two guys that bookend me at the bar kept stealing glances at my phone (they both had an Iphone 5), and eventually remarked on how big the phone was. Then I pulled out the S pen, I have my Note II setup so that the mini S Note tab pops up whenever the pen is removed, and wrote a note to the girl that I've been making eye contact with most of the night (she was sitting a couple of stools down). I handed her the phone and the S Pen, she saw the note and laughed, then she wrote her number down. She handed the phone back to me, and one of the guys with the Iphone 5 says, "Man, I got the wrong phone."

Casey Cheung

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I was at BJ's in Pasadena CA., having a Stone IPA and reading The Dome on the Playbook app. The two guys that bookend me at the bar kept stealing glances at my phone (they both had an Iphone 5), and eventually remarked on how big the phone was. Then I pulled out the S pen, I have my Note II setup so that the mini S Note tab pops up whenever the pen is removed, and wrote a note to the girl that I've been making eye contact with most of the night (she was sitting a couple of stools down). I handed her the phone and the S Pen, she saw the note and laughed, then she wrote her number down. She handed the phone back to me, and one of the guys with the Iphone 5 says, "Man, I got the wrong phone."

I'm glad you got the desired result, although I'd be afraid as h@ll to hand over My Precious to a stranger, no matter how cute she is, haha!

JerseyDubbin

Open Source For Life!
Mar 19, 2011
Visit site

Would have been better if it made the light saber sound when you pulled out the s-pen

dedduck0121

May 1, 2012
Visit site
I'm glad you got the desired result, although I'd be afraid as h@ll to hand over My Precious to a stranger, no matter how cute she is, haha!

LOL I get worried when my Fiancee picks up my phone let alone a stranger! ( made that mistake once -> see my other threads lol)

rabernet

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I went to lunch yesterday with a vendor who has an iPhone, and he kept asking to play with my phone. About three or four wait staff stopped by the table to ask if it was the Note 2 and asked if I liked it. One has the S3 and now wants to get the Note 2. I have another friend who got the DNA and now he wants to buy the Note 2 outright.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
A friend of mine has the iPhone. She upgraded from a dumb phone. Its her first. She asked for my opinion. I told her to get the S3. Note wasn't available yet. Her sons told her to get the iPhone. She is OK with it. Doesn't love it. But she is stuck. She loves my note2 and wished she had listened to me. Fonts are too small for her and the screen. Told her she can sell it. Doesn't want the hassle and said next time she will listen to me. Lol

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
For kicks, when a friend or coworker with an iPhone notices the size of my Note 2, I like to place my Note 2 directly on top of their iPhone to make their iPhone look like an insect, haha!

I did that same thing again today. I love doing it. I am at a meeting with many coworkers this week and every time I check email or messages I am getting looks and questions. It's great!

Casey Cheung

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I just did the same thing again yesterday! I was at Staples store looking at their tablet selections. Since none of their tablets had wifi internet connection, I whipped out my Note 2 and fired up Foxfi for the wifi hotspot function, and boom, I had 2 different tablets connected to the internet through my phone. One of the Staples sales guys noticed my Note 2 and was intrigued and asked me what phone I have. The sales guy was so impressed with my Note 2 and the Foxfi wifi app, that he showed this to another sales guy coworker. The sales guy had an iPhone, and I placed my Note 2 on top of his iPhone 4, and his iPhone was engulfed by my phone. His iPhone looked positively insect-like, haha! The sales guy wished that Staples carried the Note 2 phone! I also showed him the power of the stylus pen, and he was doubly impressed! He gave me his business card and told me to keep in touch. Funny!