Swype missing from Samsung Keyboard

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I haven't used the Samsung keyboard in a while. I decided to enable it today because I wanted to show someone the Swype feature. I noticed I couldn't find it. I went to the keyboard settings for my device, and noticed that Swype was an entirely separate keyboard. Was it always like this on the Verizon version, or was it changed after the recent update that was pushed to the Verizon Note 2?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

GMJeff

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I don't know about the Verizon version, but on the at&t version we also have the spate Swype keyboard in settings, and as far as I know it has been like that since I bought it new.

The default Samsung keyboard also has a Swype-like function also. If you go to the Samsung keyboard settings and check a box labeled continuous input, you get a similar input experience where you can drag your finger over the letters to spell out words. Instead of typing or handwriting.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I don't know about the Verizon version, but on the at&t version we also have the spate Swype keyboard in settings, and as far as I know it has been like that since I bought it new.

The default Samsung keyboard also has a Swype-like function also. If you go to the Samsung keyboard settings and check a box labeled continuous input, you get a similar input experience where you can drag your finger over the letters to spell out words. Instead of typing or handwriting.

I think I remember using the Swype feature in the Samsung Keyboard before, but it's not working. I also don't see a box labeled continuous input as you suggested. I did see a box that has Swype like settings, but it is grayed out and can't be edited.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1359367337735.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1359367337735.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 35

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Found what was causing the issue. It was a 3rd party app called Button Savior Non Root. Decided to uninstall it because it was one of the latest apps I installed. After I uninstalled it, the Swype feature starting working again.

GMJeff

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Difference in carriers, I guess. I am on at&t.

uploadfromtaptalk1359443354449.jpg

Here, you can see the keyboards available with swype being one of them.

uploadfromtaptalk1359443376942.jpg

Here you see the continuous input option.