Verizon Trying to Screw Me Out of my $$$ - Shocking l know!

Eddster

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
So I bought a Verizon Note 2 and took advantage of the extended holiday return period whereby you had until Jan. 15th to return a phone purchased between the end of Nov. and Dec. 25th. So I used their prepaid FedEx label to return the phone and the FedEx tracking number CLEARLY says it was delivered on the afternoon of Jan. 14th. I got an email saying they received my equipment return and processed a refund of $0.00. So of course I immediately called customer service and explained the situation and the woman said she would process a credit for a full refund. More than 10 days had passed so I called back today to check the status only to be told that they opened an investigation into the matter and their warehouse claims they didn't receive the phone until Jan. 16th...how convenient right? Anyhow after spending more than 30 minutes on the phone with them today, I'm told they need to open yet another investigation to see why the warehouse is saying they didn't receive the phone until 1/16 when FedEx CLEARLY shows that it was delivered on 1/14.

So I'll give them another day or two and then I'm raising holy hell! At this point I'm sick to death of Verizon and all their schemes. Yes, I loved the LTE coverage but I'm truly tired of all of their BS (slow updates, no Google Wallet support, etc.). And before someone says it, I shouldn't HAVE to root my phone and flash ROMs to enjoy BASIC features. That said, I've ordered a Nexus 4 so I'll be able to enjoy timely updates, Google Wallet, and the rest. You've pushed me too far Big Red!

indosilver

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
Dispute the charge with your bank. I handle this kind of thing everyday for a bank in kansas, all you have to do is state that you returned the item, include your tracking numbers etc. and your bank should credit you while they dispute it for you.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 on Verizon.

Eddster

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
Dispute the charge with your bank. I handle this kind of thing everyday for a bank in kansas, all you have to do is state that you returned the item, include your tracking numbers etc. and your bank should credit you while they dispute it for you.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 on Verizon.

Thanks a lot for the tip!

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Hmm it was probably sitting in a stack of boxes with the rest of the returns in the back of their warehouse, just waiting for someone to give it the attention it deserves.

Sent from my SPH-L710

dominick_7

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
Make sure to call during peak hours and hang up if its an east coast rep. They suck. Idaho, Ohio, Cali are the best. Much more relaxed and chill, and actually willing to help in most cases. The exact opposite when talking to east coast reps. I always ask which call center this is first, then if they say east coast I keep talking while clicking the hang up button.

BuyOneGetFour

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Make sure to call during peak hours and hang up if its an east coast rep. They suck. Idaho, Ohio, Cali are the best. Much more relaxed and chill, and actually willing to help in most cases. The exact opposite when talking to east coast reps. I always ask which call center this is first, then if they say east coast I keep talking while clicking the hang up button.

VZW reps in Colorado and Washington are also usually very nice! :)

Who?

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Wow, ten days and sick to death of Verizon for going through their protocol? Remind me to avoid you in all walks of life, especially on the road.

They're not trying to screw you out of money. No one is sitting at the warehouse, receiving packages, looking up the account of every package they receive, determining when the return deadline is and falsifying records to screw people. You need to relax and have their process play out. It might be frustrating to have to be on their backs, but I'm sure this isn't the first time you've had to do something like this.

Eddster

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
In AZ too

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note2

You were so right about those AZ Customer Service Reps. After a month long period of back and forth, I finally came across a very nice AZ CSR who took the time to follow through, get to the bottom of this situation and issue my refund credit. Six others before her all made up excuses why it couldn't be done, but she finally got it done! It was a battle and I'm glad it's over. She single handedly restored some of my faith in Verizon. She wasn't afraid to do the right thing and didn't hide behind excuses like others before her.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy