Major galaxy note 2 problem (root)

Dan Brown1

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I rooted my verizon galaxy note 2 phone yesterday after i rooted it i got a few apps etc one that was rom manager i tried to backup my current rom just to see what it did.
As a result i got a messege system software not authorized by verizon. I then downloaded the 100% stock rom for galaxy note 2 and placed it in odin and got this

<ID:0/004> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> CI605_I605VRLJB_I605VRALJB_CL414933_HWID04_HW_Rev0406_low_ship_user.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/004> Odin v.3 engine (ID:4)..
<ID:0/004> File analysis..
<ID:0/004> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/004> Initialzation..
<ID:0/004> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/004> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/004> boot.img
<ID:0/004> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/004> cache.img
<ID:0/004> hidden.img
<ID:0/004> modem.bin
<ID:0/004> param.bin
<ID:0/004> recovery.img
<ID:0/004> sboot.bin
<ID:0/004>
<ID:0/004> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

It now says that my firmware upgrade encountered an issue please select recovery mode in kies and try again can someone please help
I rebooted computer and phone multible times thanks in advance.

crl95

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I rooted my verizon galaxy note 2 phone yesterday after i rooted it i got a few apps etc one that was rom manager i tried to backup my current rom just to see what it did.
As a result i got a messege system software not authorized by verizon. I then downloaded the 100% stock rom for galaxy note 2 and placed it in odin and got this

It now says that my firmware upgrade encountered an issue please select recovery mode in kies and try again can someone please help
I rebooted computer and phone multible times thanks in advance.
Did you follow this thread exactly as it says? http://forums.androidcentral.com/verizon-galaxy-note-2-rooting-roms-hacks/233850-how-vzw-gnote2-return-100-stock.html

crl95

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Yes I did follow that exact thread re downloaded the stock rom multiple times now still getting just as far as i posted. thanks though
Did you download kies from samsung? And when you respond click respond with quote bc that will give me a notification that u answered... also dont worry too much DroidXcon usually comes on later in the night and normally knows how to fix that stuff

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Yes I did follow that exact thread re downloaded the stock rom multiple times now still getting just as far as i posted. thanks though
Dan had you already done the over the air update from Verizon? Would you be willing to screen share your computer with me and ill see if i can get you going again?

What caused this problem is that you can not use Rom manager unless you have an unlocked your devices bootloader( Even then i would advise against using Rom Manager

Dan Brown1

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Dan had you already done the over the air update from Verizon? Would you be willing to screen share your computer with me and ill see if i can get you going again?

What caused this problem is that you can not use Rom manager unless you have an unlocked your devices bootloader( Even then i would advise against using Rom Manager

I have gotten it running again actually in a strange way. What I did was use the 100 % stock rom that you posted and it failed then i used my root rom and it loaded all the way up and my device was rooted still but acted like it was never used before. What do you recommend for managing roms and also do you need to activate boot-loader before you are rooted (I didnt activate bootloader when messing with rom manager thats why i think I got the errors) all is well now and thanks again

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I have gotten it running again actually in a strange way. What I did was use the 100 % stock rom that you posted and it failed then i used my root rom and it loaded all the way up and my device was rooted still but acted like it was never used before. What do you recommend for managing roms and also do you need to activate boot-loader before you are rooted (I didnt activate bootloader when messing with rom manager thats why i think I got the errors) all is well now and thanks again

You need to Unlock the bootloader. otherwise you can not flash any custom roms through any custom recovery, To unlock your Bootloader you must go here
Jailbreak(bootloader unlock) / Root / TWRP Recovery -- Even after update [26JAN13] - xda-developers
I use TWRP and manage the roms from the custom recovery itself. Rom manager usually just causes problems i would stay away entirely

Dan Brown1

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site

crl95

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Oh wow i didnt even think to ask if your bootloader was unlocked I just figured it was... told you droid would help you out;)

Dan Brown1

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Oh wow i didnt even think to ask if your bootloader was unlocked I just figured it was... told you droid would help you out;)
Yeah thanks so bootloader was the reason on why my phone got the error message? And do you think it is a good idea to unlock bootloader after your phone has been rooted??

Andrew Earles

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
I have done this several times to my note 2 but it still goes to the Yellow Triangle and says I have software verizon doesn't authorize. I'm following the directions listed above. It says pass. Reboots and goes right back to the warning screen. Any ideas?

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I have done this several times to my note 2 but it still goes to the Yellow Triangle and says I have software verizon doesn't authorize. I'm following the directions listed above. It says pass. Reboots and goes right back to the warning screen. Any ideas?

What have you done exactly

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk

Andrew Earles

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Downloaded the stock rom, hit volume down home and power to get it to the download mode, plug the usb in. Clicked on the PDA tab of ODIN, selected the stock rom clicked start. It goes through it. Phone reboots and goes right back to the warning sign.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Downloaded the stock rom, hit volume down home and power to get it to the download mode, plug the usb in. Clicked on the PDA tab of ODIN, selected the stock rom clicked start. It goes through it. Phone reboots and goes right back to the warning sign.

Which stock rom.

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk

droid man

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Hi, I rooted my Verizon Galaxy Note 2 and I think it went perfectly. However, I was dumb and I forgot to unlock the bootloader and I booted into recovery through Rom Manager, which is the worst mistake I ever made. I tried flashing the stock firmware to my phone, but it failed in Odin. Would someone be able to help me please I would appreciate it so much.

n1nj4Lo

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
Different model but stuck in the same boat (I think) I have an i317 and I was trying to downgrade to a previous firmware so I could sim unlock it to use on T-Mobile. Cause the newest firmware doesn't allow you to unlock it in the phone codes anymore...

So I tried to flash the earlier firmware and it got halfway through and said error, so I unplugged it and the battery and went to power it on now I can't get anywhere but to the yellow exclamation screen screen that says "Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery ,pde in Kies & try again" and believe me I tried that but it says my phone isn't connected, well in the newest Kies emergency firmware download or what, I can't get back into download mode or recovery mode, the moment it powers on it goes straight to this screen.

Tried reflashing the rom through Odin since Odin still picks it up in this mode but it doesn't help and doesn't successfully flash.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae