im sure this has been discussed but for anybody thats using the note2 with the smart dock or the mhl adapter how does it work for internet browsing and youtube ? Im looking into this as a replacement for my laptop . i am constantly having issues with internet explorer . ive watched the videos of the note2 being used this way i was just looking for some pros and cons . thanks!
    02-03-2013 06:47 PM
    im sure this has been discussed but for anybody thats using the note2 with the smart dock or the mhl adapter how does it work for internet browsing and youtube ? Im looking into this as a replacement for my laptop . i am constantly having issues with internet explorer . ive watched the videos of the note2 being used this way i was just looking for some pros and cons . thanks!
    Did you see this video http://forums.androidcentral.com/sho....php?p=2519845
    [Cool] Can a Note 2 replace a PC

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk
    02-03-2013 07:05 PM
    LOL where you think i got the idea
    02-03-2013 07:56 PM
    the usb otg adapter is awesome and makes it possible to connect anything you need usb wise. i have the mhl adapter which also works great. i'm not sure a phone will ever replace a laptop for me. these adapters add functionality and are fun, but not even my transformer prime takes the place of my laptop. somethings are just better or easier on the big screen. i have contemplated getting a small travel keyboard...but.....to replace the laptop....i'm not seeing it for me.
    02-03-2013 08:14 PM
    Your reason for the laptop issues is Internet Explorer? Did you ever consider downloading Chrome? I run Chrome on Windows 8 and its nearly flawless.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk 2.
    02-03-2013 09:23 PM
    Your reason for the laptop issues is Internet Explorer? Did you ever consider downloading Chrome? I run Chrome on Windows 8 and its nearly flawless.

yeah ive got chrome on my laptop to and it works ok . now that my chrome browser is up to date it looks a lot nicer than before . i was just wanting to try using my phone like it shows in the video . i mean i literally only use my laptop for browsing the internet or researching some other hobby or interest . i just thought i would like to give it a try .
    02-03-2013 11:04 PM
    yeah ive got chrome on my laptop to and it works ok . now that my chrome browser is up to date it looks a lot nicer than before . i was just wanting to try using my phone like it shows in the video . i mean i literally only use my laptop for browsing the internet or researching some other hobby or interest . i just thought i would like to give it a try .
    No problem, just throwing it out there.

02-04-2013 01:27 AM
    then just do it adapters do the trick if you want your phone screen up on the big screen....the otg usb cable means you can plug in mouse and keyboard....so go for it....
    02-04-2013 01:25 PM
    then just do it adapters do the trick if you want your phone screen up on the big screen....the otg usb cable means you can plug in mouse and keyboard....so go for it....
    what is this OTG cable your refering to ??
    02-04-2013 04:18 PM
    ok i see what the OTG cable is I assume you would hook one end to the phone and one end to a usb hub ? then hook up all your devices to the hub ? and where is a good place to find the otg cable locally ? best buy shows it as order only.
    02-04-2013 04:30 PM
    what is this OTG cable your refering to ??
    An on the go(otg) cable allows you to connect devices such as keyboards , mouse, thumb drives, game controllers...etc to your device.

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk
    02-04-2013 04:32 PM
    Thanks for all of the replies I have a smart dock and a mhl to HDMI adapter on the way
    02-04-2013 07:24 PM
    ok i see what the OTG cable is I assume you would hook one end to the phone and one end to a usb hub ? then hook up all your devices to the hub ? and where is a good place to find the otg cable locally ? best buy shows it as order only.
    i got mine for next to nothing on amazon.....love being able to just connect it and transfer a file from a flash drive....we tried a mouse and it worked great.
    02-04-2013 11:21 PM
    Thanks for all of the replies I have a smart dock and a mhl to HDMI adapter on the way
    don't forget you have to have the 5 to 11 pin adapter to go with the mhl hdmi adapter.....
    02-04-2013 11:22 PM
    The smart dock has hdmi out on itself...

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    02-05-2013 08:03 AM