Storing on SD Card

brandonv79

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
Morning all,

So how can I make sure that everything is saved to my SD card except for the obvious no apps. I want the burst shot saved to SD as well. Is that possible? What about Screenshots and downloads? Is it possible to make sure the phone saves everything it can to the SD card? I haven't found a way to check it yet. I thought there should be a setting in storage but haven't found anything yet. Or am I really limited to only having Music, photos, and video's saved on the SD card? If this is the case can I use total commander to transfer data from internal to SD memory without Root?

Thanks in advance,
Brandon

brandonv79

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
Apparently it isn't an easy answer. People here are full of great knowledge of android and I haven't heard anything yet. Glad I am not the only one.

bpeter

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
The way I had to do it (and I?m not 100% confident) was open each application in turn, check/change the default storage/temp settings to the SD card. After each app update I have to re-check it; some of the updated apps defaulted back to system storage vs. SD card.

reb422

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I have been searching for a way to do this too... recently my Note 2 was destroyed and I lost some pics that were in my "downloads" and "screenshots" folders because I was unaware they weren't going to SD card by default. I would much prefer they go there automatically rather than having to transfer them every so often. Anybody find an answer yet? Thanks.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kiaara