RIP Note 2... your shift is over

reb422

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
While on duty last night I arrested a guy for getting into someone else's car and stealing money from that vehicle. In the process of apprehending the suspect my phone fell from my coat. I found it an hour later in the road. Worst feeling EVER. I loved my Note 2 more than any person could possibly love a human baby. ugghhh... Asurion refurb phone here I come :'(

Note 2 damage.jpg

reb422

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
The only comical part... for those of you who BASHED THE LIVING HELL out of the Verizon branding on the home button... look at that baby shine! Not a scratch! LOL

BuyOneGetFour

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Asurion refurb phone here I come :'(

Thank you for locking up another lowlife criminal.... the sad thing is that he/she will probably do it again after doing time. :(
I say throw all of them behind bar for life with no possibility of parole... but I think we need a new penal planet to hold all
of them. :D (sorry... I'm law-abiding and haven't even had so much as a parking ticket in the last 25 years)

As for your replacement phone from Asurion, I hope you get a new Note 2. It's still a very new phone and they may
not have refurbished units to sent out. They sent me a new Galaxy Nexus after it was destroyed a year ago.(a couple
of months after it was release by Verizon)

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Thank you for arresting that suspect. I'm working my way towards getting into a Police Department so I have the upmost respect for my hopefully future brothers in blue.

Keep up the great work. Poor Note II. :(

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk 2.

collett

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Thank you for your service. Sorry about your Note 2. Hope your replacement is brand spanking new!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
come work for San Jose PD. We are having a freaking crime wave here, thanks to the bad decisions made by the powers that be in city hall. PD and FD are so short handed it's scary. AAMOF I am going to a neighborhood meeting tonight to discuss the crime problem.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
come work for San Jose PD. We are having a freaking crime wave here, thanks to the bad decisions made by the powers that be in city hall. PD and FD are so short handed it's scary. AAMOF I am going to a neighborhood meeting tonight to discuss the crime problem.

I would but I'm in Illinois. I could go foe a warmer climate though!

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
yeah, the climate is about the only thing I like about San Jose. It sure isn't the trash along the roads, graffiti ( the graffiti task force was disbanded due to budget constraints. it was very effective while it was in operation), gas prices...

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
yeah, the climate is about the only thing I like about San Jose. It sure isn't the trash along the roads, graffiti ( the graffiti task force was disbanded due to budget constraints. it was very effective while it was in operation), gas prices...

On a lighter note... Go Chicago Blackhawks! Beat those Sharks. ;)

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I would but I'm in Illinois. I could go foe a warmer climate though!

Wow,, I listen to the police radios where you are. Scanner radio pro app. Your area is the number 1 station listen to. You have a very tough job. You da man.

Note 2, it's true, ,size is everything!

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Wow,, I listen to the police radios where you are. Scanner radio pro app. Your area is the number 1 station listen to. You have a very tough job. You da man.

Note 2, it's true, ,size is everything!

I didn't say I'm in Law Enforcement yet. I'm working my way into it following my fathers footsteps who was an Officer for 37 years before retiring. I have my college degree so now it's about staying (or getting) in great physical shape and going for it. Can't wait though! :)

npunk42

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I sent my busted screen Note2 in and got a brand new one in the box with battery and charger. Br sure to take the old sim card out of your phone and replace the one in the new phone with it.

BuyOneGetFour

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
I sent my busted screen Note2 in and got a brand new one in the box with battery and charger. Br sure to take the old sim card out of your phone and replace the one in the new phone with it.

wait... has Asurion changed the way they handle claims?

when my almsot-brand-new Verizon Galaxy Nexus was destroyed, I called Asurion. A brand-new Galaxy Nexus next afternoon via FedEx.
It was brand new in the box, just like you would find at a Verizon store... completely with all accessories. They also enclosed a padded
envelope for me to mail back the destroyed Galaxy Nexus.. (oh... don't forget the $99 deductible, but it was totally worth it) :)

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
wait... has Asurion changed the way they handle claims?

when my almsot-brand-new Verizon Galaxy Nexus was destroyed, I called Asurion. A brand-new Galaxy Nexus next afternoon via FedEx.
It was brand new in the box, just like you would find at a Verizon store... completely with all accessories. They also enclosed a padded
envelope for me to mail back the destroyed Galaxy Nexus.. (oh... don't forget the $99 deductible, but it was totally worth it) :)

Sounds like you both had the same experience.

makaroni

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Refurbished is better than no phone. I know it sucks but just trying to shed some positive light on the incident. Glad you're ok and only the phone got hurt.

My GS3 sleeps in the bed and I make my girlfriend sleep on the couch

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante