RIP Note 2... your shift is over

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Next time I need a replacement device I'll pm you lol;):cool::D

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Sorry, I don't run a corporate office specializing in customer service representation. Honestly, it's all about knowing what you want, being polite, and making sure what you want is fair to both you and the corporation you're dealing with. I was able to prove his issues were the same as mine and was never asked to do any troubleshooting because I knew what I was talking about. Upon her supervisor exiting a meeting I received a call back offering me the Note II I had requested without any issue. This is a stand up effort by Verizon and I still can't understand why people rip on Verizon customer care. I guess in my case being polite and respectful goes a long way. :)

P.S. - I also got my friend out of a 2 year contract (3 months in) with T-Mobile. She was able to keep the phone(s) and both of her lines were let go with no Early Termination Fee (ETF). :D

Time to go and play with my Note II.

Joshua O

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
We all appreciate your commitment to helping and protecting us all.........That being said, the suspect may have gotten away from me because I would've been on my knees crying at the death of my beloved Note 2.

GregMargie

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
We all appreciate your commitment to helping and protecting us all.........That being said, the suspect may have gotten away from me because I would've been on my knees crying at the death of my beloved Note 2.

Haha, so funny....good thing you're not a cop! LOL!

Sent from my Thunderbolt. Hoping to be a Galaxy Note ll owner Soon!

YukeYukeTroublemaker

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I hear you man. I keep my note 2 in my bdu pant pocket and it goes nowhere. I miss the days of my droid x where I could keep it in my shirt pocket but oh well. This thing is awesome on my slow nights I can pop it right on top of my mdt keyboard and watch netflix! Congrats on making your arrest. Out of the 10 foot pursuits I have been in I have only caught 6. Some bad guys run like gazelles and it doesn't help we are wearing 2 tons of tools on us!

duke3913

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
I learned that lesson years ago with a motorola razr. Im in the habit now of instantly putting the phone down in a safe place as soon as I enter the cruiser. I only wish I did the same with my $150 dollar shades before a traffic stop. Couple weeks ago initiated a stop and wouldnt you know the driver was all tweaked and instantly jetted. While in the foot chase shades fly and I instantly stopped and retrieved them. Then continued after him. I caught him but had to run alot farther than I liked.

Gunner2000

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, I don't run a corporate office specializing in customer service representation. Honestly, it's all about knowing what you want, being polite, and making sure what you want is fair to both you and the corporation you're dealing with. I was able to prove his issues were the same as mine and was never asked to do any troubleshooting because I knew what I was talking about. Upon her supervisor exiting a meeting I received a call back offering me the Note II I had requested without any issue. This is a stand up effort by Verizon and I still can't understand why people rip on Verizon customer care. I guess in my case being polite and respectful goes a long way. :)

P.S. - I also got my friend out of a 2 year contract (3 months in) with T-Mobile. She was able to keep the phone(s) and both of her lines were let go with no Early Termination Fee (ETF). :D

Time to go and play with my Note II.

Well that's not the case when they sexually harass you repeatedly every single time you call Verizon and won't do a Da*n thing to stop it! With me respect is a two way street if you won't respect me and violate my rights as a human being then you don't deserve my respect. Verizon's customer service doesn't understand that though.
Gunner out!

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for your service. It really is appreciated. I will say that I sent in my Droid X about 6 months after introduction and got a refurbished one but you couldn't tell it and it ran perfect for as long as I had it. Loving my Note 2 now..

BJsDroid

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
I know about bad guys, I was a Deputy Sheriff for 30 years, now retired living the good life. I'm waiting for the s4 to arrive. I love the note 2, but I need something with 1080p. I feel bad for your note 2, but duty calls. Be safe my brother. maybe the next note will be 1080.

chejj

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I dropped my note 2 last friday and shattered my screen, immediately put in my claim saturday by noon i had a brand new note 2 so I would think you'd definitely get a brand new Note! :D

iceman64

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
While on duty last night I arrested a guy for getting into someone else's car and stealing money from that vehicle. In the process of apprehending the suspect my phone fell from my coat. I found it an hour later in the road. Worst feeling EVER. I loved my Note 2 more than any person could possibly love a human baby. ugghhh... Asurion refurb phone here I come :'(

View attachment 59247

When you get your next note 2 from Asurion try this so the next time your phone screen will not crack but this temp glass

HDT-c Glass for Galaxy Note 2 ? MIME USA

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
interesting, but steel scratches (they say its hard like steel) and I can't imagine it wouldn't interfere with the s pen or finger touches. wonder if anyone here has used it and can comment.

BuyOneGetFour

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
interesting, but steel scratches (they say its hard like steel) and I can't imagine it wouldn't interfere with the s pen or finger touches. wonder if anyone here has used it and can comment.

another company makes a similar product(forgot the name) and it was widely discredited in another thread(since I forgot the name, I can't figure out how to search for it) :)

reb422

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
UPDATE: Good news... I got my replacement from Asurion. It came the next day and it is a NEW phone. I was also told to NOT send back my old battery or charger so now I have an extra battery and charger for my Note 2!!! Very pleased with Asurion... insurance worth every penny!

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
UPDATE: Good news... I got my replacement from Asurion. It came the next day and it is a NEW phone. I was also told to NOT send back my old battery or charger so now I have an extra battery and charger for my Note 2!!! Very pleased with Asurion... insurance worth every penny!

Told you so! :D

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk 2.

GregMargie

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
That is Awesome News! So happy for you! Even better on the extra battery and charger!

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2

BuyOneGetFour

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site

Ask Asurion for permission to sell or repair the Note 2 with cracked screen.

You can easily sell a Note 2 with just cracked screen on eBay for $310 or more.
(the sad thing is that the AT&T or T-Mobile version of Note 2 can sell for
a lot more than that... even with a cracked screen!)

Or you can have it repaired to near-new condition for under $100.

That's what my co-worker did. Asurion also told her NOT to ship back
the Note 2. I advised her to write(not email) Asurion and get written
documentation that she now OWNS the broken phone. Asurion sent
her a letter that confirmed she didn't need to sent it back.

A couple of weeks later, she sold the cracked phone on eBay for $320.
(minus ebay fees, of course)

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Ask Asurion for permission to sell or repair the Note 2 with cracked screen.

You can easily sell a Note 2 with just cracked screen on eBay for $310 or more.
(the sad thing is that the AT&T or T-Mobile version of Note 2 can sell for
a lot more than that... even with a cracked screen!)

Or you can have it repaired to near-new condition for under $100.

That's what my co-worker did. Asurion also told her NOT to ship back
the Note 2. I advised her to write(not email) Asurion and get written
documentation that she now OWNS the broken phone. Asurion sent
her a letter that confirmed she didn't need to sent it back.

A couple of weeks later, she sold the cracked phone on eBay for $320.
(minus ebay fees, of course)

I find it extremely odd that Asurion would allow this. Wouldn't they want to fix the phone and sell it to recoup some of the cost?

broadwayblues

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
wait... has Asurion changed the way they handle claims?

when my almsot-brand-new Verizon Galaxy Nexus was destroyed, I called Asurion. A brand-new Galaxy Nexus next afternoon via FedEx.
It was brand new in the box, just like you would find at a Verizon store... completely with all accessories. They also enclosed a padded
envelope for me to mail back the destroyed Galaxy Nexus.. (oh... don't forget the $99 deductible, but it was totally worth it) :)

Nope I just got a refurbished S3 from Asurion. White box with all the accessories that comes with a retail box. However, thus refurb is in great shape, unlike the vzw refurbs

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Nope I just got a refurbished S3 from Asurion. White box with all the accessories that comes with a retail box. However, thus refurb is in great shape, unlike the vzw refurbs

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Tell me about it. I'm having an absolute nightmare with Verizon CLNR devices. The device is either scratched and nicked up right out of the box or fails within 5 hours but in perfect condition. I just want my nightmare to end and get a working device in the same shape I sent in.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2