Finally New Note 2 Owner!

GregMargie

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I am one Happy Girl to finally have a GN2! So after so much craziness trying to 'Transfer' my unlimited line to my dumb line to get the phone and then move it to my unlimited, I was hitting a total wall, I went to Best Buy last night...they were so awesome and tried everything possible to do the transfer, but no Go! It pops up as an "Alternative" upgrade, and they couldn't do that. He said even if I tried to do it online myself, that when I went to transfer the phone to my unlimited, the Unlimited would drop off! I dont know how VZW could control 'swapping' phones between your lines.....but they are really getting tough on all this!

Anyway, I added another $10 line to my account. BB matched Amazon for the price of the Note 2 on a new line and I paid $149.99 for the phone!! Awesome! VZW even gave the BB rep a hard time when he went to change the sim card and it wouldn't go through to move the GN2 to my unlimited and he had to call them.....they were asking him a million questions, he played it cool and totally got the job done!

As far as the GN2.....WOW and Boy do I have a Lot to Learn!!!! Soooooo different from my 'now old' Thunderbolt!! I am sure I will have loooooots of questions and Thank you and Android Central all in advance for all the great support in these forums!

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2

Last edited:

DONDON21

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Congrats!! I am still in the "honeymoon" phase and am learning all I can do with this phone as well. It is by far the best phone I have ever had. Just continue to read here, there are many great people and can help with anything you need. :D

braxtoq

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
Hey welcome to the Gn2! I was also a Thunderbolt user with unlimited data, I am now on the 2GB per month plan and I think I will be fine even with streaming Pandora, Google Music and SiriusXM. It wint take you long to get used to the Note2. Good luck with it!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

phantomog

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I dont know how VZW could control 'swapping' phones between your lines.....but they are really getting tough on all this!

Sorry to hear this. With absolute no evidence to back it up, I still believe keeping unlimited is possible via transfers if you do it manually yourself. I'll find out soon enough when I decide on a phone to upgrade my second line with.

Congrats on finally getting the phone. At least you got a really good deal on the price of the phone. I didn't add a line, but paid $299 Verizon price.

GregMargie

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Sorry to hear this. With absolute no evidence to back it up, I still believe keeping unlimited is possible via transfers if you do it manually yourself. I'll find out soon enough when I decide on a phone to upgrade my second line with.

Congrats on finally getting the phone. At least you got a really good deal on the price of the phone. I didn't add a line, but paid $299 Verizon price.
Well, I certainly want to give very special THANKS to you for all your Help! I probably should have tried what you said, but I think I may have just gotten frustrated and anxious about the whole thing!

I think in the end: Yes, I added a totally needless 4th line, but will just cancel my 3rd dumb line when it comes up in Aug. and then will be back to 3 total lines. because I got such a great price on the phone (149.99) I think I actually came out ahead! my hubby who doesnt really care or use a lot of data may just have to lose his unlimited to get subsidized phone. Thanks again so much and please let me know if you are able to do it!

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I am one Happy Girl to finally have a GN2! So after so much craziness trying to 'Transfer' my unlimited line to my dumb line to get the phone and then move it to my unlimited, I was hitting a total wall, I went to Best Buy last night...they were so awesome and tried everything possible to do the transfer, but no Go! It pops up as an "Alternative" upgrade, and they couldn't do that. He said even if I tried to do it online myself, that when I went to transfer the phone to my unlimited, the Unlimited would drop off! I dont know how VZW could control 'swapping' phones between your lines.....but they are really getting tough on all this!

Anyway, I added another $10 line to my account. BB matched Amazon for the price of the Note 2 on a new line and I paid $149.99 for the phone!! Awesome! VZW even gave the BB rep a hard time when he went to change the sim card and it wouldn't go through to move the GN2 to my unlimited and he had to call them.....

Congratulations on the new phone. The key is to activate the note 2 on the line the upgrade was used on first. Then you can swap sims any time, no problems. You can even move your sim to a tablet and your tablet would have unlimited data, even though there is no unlimited data plan for tablets. You would still have to pay the voice charge on the line though.

Btw, did you get the $50 bb gc?

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy Note II

GregMargie

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Congratulations on the new phone. The key is to activate the note 2 on the line the upgrade was used on first. Then you can swap sims any time, no problems. You can even move your sim to a tablet and your tablet would have unlimited data, even though there is no unlimited data plan for tablets. You would still have to pay the voice charge on the line though.

Btw, did you get the $50 bb gc?

Thank you so much! Yes, he did activate the phone on the line that was upgraded. The sim was just not taking when he moved it to my unlimited. Got it worked out though.

No didnt get the $50 gift card. That was starting the next day, I actually got better than that as they matched Amazon and I got the Note 2 for $149.99!

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Thank you so much! Yes, he did activate the phone on the line that was upgraded. The sim was just not taking when he moved it to my unlimited. Got it worked out though.

No didnt get the $50 gift card. That was starting the next day, I actually got better than that as they matched Amazon and I got the Note 2 for $149.99!

In theory, you could have pm and gotten the gc. Ymmv of course. BB pm policy explicitly states no pm on mobile phones but many stores do it. Btw, dell had the note 2 for less but I was told by a csr that they only pm physical stores, so no go for me there. Of course, I can't remember the last time I saw an Amazon b&m...

Casey Cheung

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Congrats! I'm always happy when someone upgrades from a Thunderbolt, seeing that we had to tolerate so much from that guinea-pig phone! Myself included! You may notice you will go through more internet data with your new Note 2 versus your Thunderbolt. I go through more than 6GB of data monthly on average. Fortunately, I kept my grandfathered Verizon 4G by forking out full retail price...but that's another topic.

npunk42

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Good for you! Its a fine device. Be sure to get a good case for it. Don't drop it! That screen is fragile, it doesn't take much impact to reduce it to shards.

GregMargie

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Congrats! I'm always happy when someone upgrades from a Thunderbolt, seeing that we had to tolerate so much from that guinea-pig phone! Myself included! You may notice you will go through more internet data with your new Note 2 versus your Thunderbolt. I go through more than 6GB of data monthly on average. Fortunately, I kept my grandfathered Verizon 4G by forking out full retail price...but that's another topic.
Thank you so much and I hear you on the Thunderbolt! Mine had it's issues but it wasn't as bad as some people I knew. I too, still have unlimited, although not a heavy surfer, gamer or movie watcher on my phone, but nice to have it if I need it, for now at least!

GregMargie

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Good for you! Its a fine device. Be sure to get a good case for it. Don't drop it! That screen is fragile, it doesn't take much impact to reduce it to shards.

Thank you very much! I am definitely getting a case, Amazon, here I come! Yes, a bit scary to even think of dropping it! I did get the Best Buy Insurance....seems like a pretty good deal. $10 per month, unlimited claims and the only thing not covered is lost or stolen.