Can't get keyboard back Please help

GregMargie

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I hit something when the keyboard was open and now the keyboard won't display when I go to type

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2

YankInDaSouth

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Does anything at all display? If so post a screen shot of it.

Also you can try going into settings > language & input and be sure you have a keyboard selected.

Makin' my Notes ...

kris.richards

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
Same thing happened to me the other day. I was using SwiftKey Flow and it just disappeared. I switched my main input to Swype, restarted and then went back to SK. Try switching keyboards first and if nothing comes up still then I'd do a restart. I think this is a known bug with the VZW variant and I pray to Jesus that it gets fixed soon. It's happened a few times to me already.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T or VZW Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk 2

GregMargie

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Does anything at all display? If so post a screen shot of it.

Also you can try going into settings > language & input and be sure you have a keyboard selected.

Makin' my Notes ...

Ok, had to go to my computer it displayed the same way when I was trying to type an email....I went to the settings...all 3 were checked Google Voice Typing, Samsung Keyboard, and Swype, It would only let me uncheck the Google one, tried that, then did restart. Now is is Back and working!!! Thank You So Much!!!!

I had taken a screen shot and it wouldn't let me send that either before....so I emailed the picture to myself so here's what it looked like.....

Attachments

• Screenshots_2013-02-10-16-27-41.png
    Screenshots_2013-02-10-16-27-41.png
    313.1 KB · Views: 21

ishore99

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Use your stylus and hold down the mic. A small menu will appear and just choose the keyboard. NO changes should be made in the Settings.

GregMargie

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Use your stylus and hold down the mic. A small menu will appear and just choose the keyboard. NO changes should be made in the Settings.
I already did what the previous poster said, just unchecked the google voice and it did bring back the keyboard.....ah but now I do see that the microphone icon isnt in my keyboard.. it shows a 'T/' where where the mic icon should be....will go back and turn google voice again too. Thank you!

GregMargie

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Thank you! I went back to settings and checked google voice again and the mic icon is back now and allnis working!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer