06-07-2013 09:41 PM
69 123
tools
    ... (4) int'l non-US version, used by me on int'l trips.... (thanks to the fact that the VZW version CANNOT yet use foreign prepaid SIM cards)
    Are you certain about this? Verizon has told me otherwise, but I've not tried it out yet.
    02-18-2013 11:40 AM
    Are you certain about this? Verizon has told me otherwise, but I've not tried it out yet.
    the Verizon version comes factory sim unlocked. Only voice and text work out of the box though, for data, you would need root.
    02-18-2013 03:03 PM
    Just got mine last night for $150 since it is an upgrade. Tried getting manager to give me a $50 gift card like Dell, he politely declined. Loving the phone, was an OG Droid and Droid X user, went to the iPhone 4 and now am back.
    Djnaz likes this.
    02-20-2013 10:49 AM
    Just got mine last night for $150 since it is an upgrade. Tried getting manager to give me a $50 gift card like Dell, he politely declined. Loving the phone, was an OG Droid and Droid X user, went to the iPhone 4 and now am back.
    a Best Buy manager in the mobile phone department told me that all Best Buy stores in the U.S. will no longer be allowed to match prices with internet retailers on phones requiring 2-year contracts... this new corporate policy will apparently go into effect in the first week of March. He advised me to buy the phones NOW while they are still allowed to match.
    02-20-2013 10:57 AM
    That's what I was told last night as well. The date given to me was March 3. There's a link to an article in a previous post in this thread about it.
    02-20-2013 11:05 AM
    WOW..thanks for this post! I am headed to BB tomorrow for my upgrade and thought the best deal would be Amazon - I'm gonna print them both and try for the Dell pm first. I have another line due for an upgrade on March 7th so too bad BB wont be getting the money on that one - but at least we'll still get a great price elsewhere.
    02-21-2013 10:06 AM
    WOW..thanks for this post! I am headed to BB tomorrow for my upgrade and thought the best deal would be Amazon - I'm gonna print them both and try for the Dell pm first. I have another line due for an upgrade on March 7th so too bad BB wont be getting the money on that one - but at least we'll still get a great price elsewhere.
    I just switched from Sprint to Verizon on Monday. Sams club has the note II for $98.88 for new customers. Best Buy priced matched plus I used my 50 gift card. I ended up buying each note II for $48.00!!!

Call your local Sams Club and see if they are still running the promotion, then have BB price match...and dont let your BB tell you they dont match wholesale clubs. BB price match policy clearly states they will as long as it follows cetain guidelines such as the phone being in stock, the store within 25 miles of their store, etc.
    02-21-2013 12:01 PM
    BB has a promotion that if you buy a Samsung phone you get a $50 gift card, you should have gotten one all the same...
    02-21-2013 12:04 PM
    Any idea of the pricing for upgrade on existing customers? Re: the Sams Club price
    02-21-2013 04:59 PM
    BB has a promotion that if you buy a Samsung phone you get a $50 gift card, you should have gotten one all the same...
    I'm heading in with my receipt tomorrow!
    02-22-2013 06:25 PM
    It's not a $50 gift card, they have lowered the price to $249, the $50 gift card was if you registered for the phone freedom.

Sent from my busa.
    02-22-2013 08:42 PM
    That's what I was told last night as well. The date given to me was March 3. There's a link to an article in a previous post in this thread about it.
    This ^... March 3rd is the last day BB will price match. I just picked up my Note ll today and had them price match amazon. I wanted white, so dell and sams club didn't work for me. Still got the Note ll for $179.00 beats verizons $299 price tag. Hurry and get your Note before its too late!!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    02-22-2013 10:32 PM
    Really? I watched a BB advertisment on tv saying get a $50 gift card when buying of select Samsung phones, of which the note 2 was shown.
    02-23-2013 12:06 AM
    This ^... March 3rd is the last day BB will price match. I just picked up my Note ll today and had them price match amazon. I wanted white, so dell and sams club didn't work for me. Still got the Note ll for $179.00 beats verizons $299 price tag. Hurry and get your Note before its too late!!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    I would really like to know what Best Buy corporate was smoking when they decided on this new policy.
    Not matching prices on contract phones just doesn't make any sense.
    cdicesare2002 likes this.
    02-23-2013 12:11 AM
    hey fellas...(and ladies).
    this would be 1st time purchasing phone through 3rd party for me.....couple questions so I can better understand the process.
    We have 4 lines with verizon.
    I get that I can walk into BB and get the Note for a great price but I'm lil confused on the process "after" the BB purchase when dealing with my already established account at Verizon
    I'm over my Galaxy Nexus and want the Note 2 but my upgrade is not available on my Nexus...(however we have 2 other phones that do have upgrades available so it's my understanding that I can transfer from one of those?)
    So I purchase the Note 2 from BB....then what?
    Do I walk into Verizon and say ...Here's my old Nexus...(Will they give any credit for a slightly used Nexus?).
    How is the new Note 2 activated and given my phone number?
    If anyone wouldn't mind explaining this ?
    I'm ready to purchase tomorrow!
    Thanks
    02-23-2013 12:47 AM
    I would really like to know what Best Buy corporate was smoking when they decided on this new policy.
    Not matching prices on contract phones just doesn't make any sense.
    Perhaps Part of the reason is because best buy does not have the secondary etf of $400 above the $350 Verizon etf. Other stores like amazon and dell do.

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy Note II
    02-23-2013 08:04 AM
    a Best Buy manager in the mobile phone department told me that all Best Buy stores in the U.S. will no longer be allowed to match prices with internet retailers on phones requiring 2-year contracts... this new corporate policy will apparently go into effect in the first week of March. He advised me to buy the phones NOW while they are still allowed to match.
    Best Buy will price match everything except mobile phones then. I never bought a phone there but I this sure doesn't help them in my opinion. I'll still use Amazon for all of my needs and show room Best Buy if needed. Although, I've never done that but I wouldn't mind. Dang employees treat me like a criminal at times anyways. Lol

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II
    02-23-2013 09:01 AM
    this would be 1st time purchasing phone through 3rd party for me.....couple questions so I can better understand the process.
    I get that I can walk into BB and get the Note for a great price but I'm lil confused on the process "after" the BB purchase when dealing with my already established account at Verizon
    I'm over my Galaxy Nexus and want the Note 2 but my upgrade is not available on my Nexus...(however we have 2 other phones that do have upgrades available so it's my understanding that I can transfer from one of those?)
    Do I walk into Verizon and say ...Here's my old Nexus...(Will they give any credit for a slightly used Nexus?).
    Thanks
    Best Buy will do it all for you. I actually activated the phone first on my son's line because he just uses a a feature phone and then they switched it over to my line so I could keep my unlimited data. I told them upfront what I wanted to do and it was no problem. They have access to your Verizon account and do it all for you. I actually found the BB guy a lot more knowledgeable than some of the Verizon people I have worked with. BB will buy your phone from you, but you may want to check what they are going for on eBay. You DO NOT have to set foot in Verizon!
    hbrocks likes this.
    02-23-2013 09:43 AM
    Thanks
    Buy the phone on the available line, then activate the phone on that line, then take the sim card from your Galaxy nexus and put it into your note 2. If your old phone has a sim card, then maybe best buy can program it for you. If not, then either go to a corporate Verizon store or call them to send a new sim on that line. If the old phone doesn't have a sim card, then you can reactivate it online or call Verizon or go to a corporate Verizon store. Verizon will still buy back your Galaxy nexus, you can do it online. Check around, some other places like gazelle may give you more for the phone, and obviously, ebay or Craigslist will yield the most.

https://www.trade-in.vzw.com/home.aspx

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy Note II
    hbrocks likes this.
    02-23-2013 09:53 AM
    WOW...
    Glad I looked on the internets and found this thread!
    Went from...
    almost giving Verizon my upgrade PLUS $330...
    to....(if this all works out)...
    $149 Best buy pm Dell...
    -$50 BB gift card (unless this does not apply to my case since I'm an existing customer?)....
    -$72 buy back price from Verizon for my 1.5 year old Nexus

Thanks for the heads-up!
    02-23-2013 10:22 AM
    Best Buy did the whole Sim card thing for me.
    02-23-2013 11:03 AM
    Isn't it as simple as putting the old sim into the new phone? Then log on with google and move on?

- - - Updated - - -

Isn't it as simple as putting the old sim into the new phone? Then log on with google and move on?
    02-23-2013 02:18 PM

- - - Updated - - -

After activating the note on the line with the upgrade or the new line, simply take the micro sim from your old phone and place it into the new phone. The note would now be working on your line. Then, take the sim that you just took out of the note and place it into the old phone, assuming both phones have micro sim.or, I believe you are planning to add a line and etf, so just skip that step. After putting your sim into the note, call Verizon and etf the line.

Note that if your old phone does not have a micro sim,then you would need a micro sim. Best buy should be able to give you one, if not, a Verizon corporate store could, or just call Verizon, and they will mail it to you. Some third party retailers may charge money for a sim, but Verizon would never charge you.
    02-23-2013 03:36 PM
    After activating the note on the line with the upgrade or the new line, simply take the micro sim from your old phone and place it into the new phone. The note would now be working on your line. Then, take the sim that you just took out of the note and place it into the old phone, assuming both phones have micro sim.or, I believe you are planning to add a line and etf, so just skip that step. After putting your sim into the note, call Verizon and etf the line.

Note that if your old phone does not have a micro sim,then you would need a micro sim. Best buy should be able to give you one, if not, a Verizon corporate store could, or just call Verizon, and they will mail it to you. Some third party retailers may charge money for a sim, but Verizon would never charge you.
    Thanks fir the info, I'm assuming the Sim card on the Razr Maxxx original will fit in the Note 2? Can anyone conform?
    02-23-2013 03:47 PM
    Thanks fir the info, I'm assuming the Sim card on the Razr Maxxx original will fit in the Note 2? Can anyone conform?
    That is correct. The Maxx has a micro sim. I switch freely between my note2, Maxx, and s3. My rezound and old thunderbolt uses a regular sim and requires an adapter
    02-23-2013 03:51 PM
69 123