Just got my FOURTH Verizon Galaxy Note 2 at Best Buy for $79 at BB ($129 pricematch + $50 gift card)

H3Dude

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Re: Just got my FOURTH Verizon Galaxy

Yes. 2 year contract required for this price.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
These prices are all obviously with a contract 2-3 year right? (sorry in Canada here just not sure about down there)

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Android Central Forums

2 year contract is standard for the USA. No one is getting a note 2 or similar for $80 no contract, unless it is a huge price error like when iphone was sold for $100 no contract.

If it were a lower end phone, then it would be a different story, i got a htc one v for $50 no contract. It is nowhere near the caliber phone of the Note 2 of course.

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy Note II

Djnaz

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
I did this as well.. They price matched Dell.com for 149 and i used my 50$ gift card that printed out before the transaction. Boom 100$ note 2!

myotherbrotherdarrell

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Amazon Wireless have the grey version for $150 & the white version for $180.
But they charge a $400 fee if you cancel your service before 181 days. You also agree that Amazon can check your account status as often as they like to verify that your account is "in good standing"

AmazonWireless
"Instant Discount Policy
When you purchase your device with service from AmazonWireless.com, we automatically pass along an instant discount based on a commission paid to AmazonWireless by your wireless service carrier. The commission depends upon your continued service, and if you do not maintain your service for 181 days from the service activation date, AmazonWireless must return the commission to the carrier. Thus, this discount has been provided to you in good faith based on your agreement to (a) activate a new or extend an existing line of service for the device(s) with the carrier for two years, (b) maintain this line of service in good standing, and (c) not alter the line of service type other than adding an additional line of service to an individual account for at least 181 consecutive days.

The following are some scenarios where we may determine that you have not maintained your service and have not met the requirements listed above:

If your device with the carrier is not activated per Amazon's activation instructions within 14 days
If your service is canceled/disconnected before 181 days and you do not return the device(s) to Amazon
If a new individual or new family account is merged with or replaces a pre-existing account
If you transfer this equipment to another carrier's service or to another line in your family account and deactivate the line that Amazon established for your device
By accepting this Instant Discount Policy, you agree to repay $400 per smart phone or tablet and $200 per other device if you do not maintain your carrier service for 181 consecutive days from the service activation date. You also authorize us to collect that amount using any credit card we have on record for you. Amazon can periodically check your account status with the carrier to confirm your line of service is active and in good standing and thereby confirm you are in compliance with this policy.

The Instant Discount Policy will not be applied if you cancel your order and return the device(s) within our 30-day return period. You must return your device(s) to Amazon within the carrier's 14-day return period in order to avoid the carrier's Early Termination Fees (ETF). If your purchase was an upgrade, your upgrade eligibility will not be reset unless you return your device to Amazon within the carrier's 14-day return period"

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Dell has a similar policy. It isn't just canceling in 181 days, it also includes for example having a spare dumb phone lines, upgrading the dumb phone line and moving the phone to another line, then placing the dumb phone back onto the original line.

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy Note II

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Are you certain about this? Verizon has told me otherwise, but I've not tried it out yet.

the Verizon version comes factory sim unlocked. Only voice and text work out of the box though, for data, you would need root.

loco90

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
Just got mine last night for $150 since it is an upgrade. Tried getting manager to give me a $50 gift card like Dell, he politely declined. Loving the phone, was an OG Droid and Droid X user, went to the iPhone 4 and now am back.

threepackape

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
Just got mine last night for $150 since it is an upgrade. Tried getting manager to give me a $50 gift card like Dell, he politely declined. Loving the phone, was an OG Droid and Droid X user, went to the iPhone 4 and now am back.

a Best Buy manager in the mobile phone department told me that all Best Buy stores in the U.S. will no longer be allowed to match prices with internet retailers on phones requiring 2-year contracts... this new corporate policy will apparently go into effect in the first week of March. He advised me to buy the phones NOW while they are still allowed to match.

loco90

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
That's what I was told last night as well. The date given to me was March 3. There's a link to an article in a previous post in this thread about it.

voxnbass

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
WOW..thanks for this post! I am headed to BB tomorrow for my upgrade and thought the best deal would be Amazon - I'm gonna print them both and try for the Dell pm first. I have another line due for an upgrade on March 7th so too bad BB wont be getting the money on that one - but at least we'll still get a great price elsewhere.

bigw34

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
WOW..thanks for this post! I am headed to BB tomorrow for my upgrade and thought the best deal would be Amazon - I'm gonna print them both and try for the Dell pm first. I have another line due for an upgrade on March 7th so too bad BB wont be getting the money on that one - but at least we'll still get a great price elsewhere.

I just switched from Sprint to Verizon on Monday. Sams club has the note II for $98.88 for new customers. Best Buy priced matched plus I used my 50 gift card. I ended up buying each note II for $48.00!!!

Call your local Sams Club and see if they are still running the promotion, then have BB price match...and dont let your BB tell you they dont match wholesale clubs. BB price match policy clearly states they will as long as it follows cetain guidelines such as the phone being in stock, the store within 25 miles of their store, etc.

cdicesare2002

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site

BB has a promotion that if you buy a Samsung phone you get a $50 gift card, you should have gotten one all the same...

Ezduzit

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Re: Note 2 at Best Buy for $79 at BB ($129 pricematch + $50 gift card)

BB has a promotion that if you buy a Samsung phone you get a $50 gift card, you should have gotten one all the same...

It's not a $50 gift card, they have lowered the price to $249, the $50 gift card was if you registered for the phone freedom.

Sent from my busa.

Vanilla Ice

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
That's what I was told last night as well. The date given to me was March 3. There's a link to an article in a previous post in this thread about it.

This ^... March 3rd is the last day BB will price match. I just picked up my Note ll today and had them price match amazon. I wanted white, so dell and sams club didn't work for me. Still got the Note ll for $179.00 beats verizons $299 price tag. Hurry and get your Note before its too late!!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

cdicesare2002

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
Re: Note 2 at Best Buy for $79 at BB ($129 pricematch + $50 gift card)

Really? I watched a BB advertisment on tv saying get a $50 gift card when buying of select Samsung phones, of which the note 2 was shown.

threepackape

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
This ^... March 3rd is the last day BB will price match. I just picked up my Note ll today and had them price match amazon. I wanted white, so dell and sams club didn't work for me. Still got the Note ll for $179.00 beats verizons $299 price tag. Hurry and get your Note before its too late!!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

I would really like to know what Best Buy corporate was smoking when they decided on this new policy.
Not matching prices on contract phones just doesn't make any sense.

hbrocks

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
hey fellas...(and ladies).
this would be 1st time purchasing phone through 3rd party for me.....couple questions so I can better understand the process.
We have 4 lines with verizon.
I get that I can walk into BB and get the Note for a great price but I'm lil confused on the process "after" the BB purchase when dealing with my already established account at Verizon
I'm over my Galaxy Nexus and want the Note 2 but my upgrade is not available on my Nexus...(however we have 2 other phones that do have upgrades available so it's my understanding that I can transfer from one of those?)
So I purchase the Note 2 from BB....then what?
Do I walk into Verizon and say ...Here's my old Nexus...(Will they give any credit for a slightly used Nexus?).
How is the new Note 2 activated and given my phone number?
If anyone wouldn't mind explaining this ?
I'm ready to purchase tomorrow!
Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech