Just got my FOURTH Verizon Galaxy Note 2 at Best Buy for $79 at BB ($129 pricematch + $50 gift card)

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I would really like to know what Best Buy corporate was smoking when they decided on this new policy.
Not matching prices on contract phones just doesn't make any sense.

Perhaps Part of the reason is because best buy does not have the secondary etf of $400 above the $350 Verizon etf. Other stores like amazon and dell do.

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy Note II

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Re: Just got my FH Verizon Galaxy Note 2 at Best Buy for $79 at BB ($129 pricematch + $50 gift card)

a Best Buy manager in the mobile phone department told me that all Best Buy stores in the U.S. will no longer be allowed to match prices with internet retailers on phones requiring 2-year contracts... this new corporate policy will apparently go into effect in the first week of March. He advised me to buy the phones NOW while they are still allowed to match.

Best Buy will price match everything except mobile phones then. I never bought a phone there but I this sure doesn't help them in my opinion. I'll still use Amazon for all of my needs and show room Best Buy if needed. Although, I've never done that but I wouldn't mind. Dang employees treat me like a criminal at times anyways. Lol

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II

loco90

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
hey fellas...(and ladies).
this would be 1st time purchasing phone through 3rd party for me.....couple questions so I can better understand the process.
We have 4 lines with verizon.
I get that I can walk into BB and get the Note for a great price but I'm lil confused on the process "after" the BB purchase when dealing with my already established account at Verizon
I'm over my Galaxy Nexus and want the Note 2 but my upgrade is not available on my Nexus...(however we have 2 other phones that do have upgrades available so it's my understanding that I can transfer from one of those?)
So I purchase the Note 2 from BB....then what?
Do I walk into Verizon and say ...Here's my old Nexus...(Will they give any credit for a slightly used Nexus?).
How is the new Note 2 activated and given my phone number?
If anyone wouldn't mind explaining this ?
I'm ready to purchase tomorrow!
Thanks
Best Buy will do it all for you. I actually activated the phone first on my son's line because he just uses a a feature phone and then they switched it over to my line so I could keep my unlimited data. I told them upfront what I wanted to do and it was no problem. They have access to your Verizon account and do it all for you. I actually found the BB guy a lot more knowledgeable than some of the Verizon people I have worked with. BB will buy your phone from you, but you may want to check what they are going for on eBay. You DO NOT have to set foot in Verizon!

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
hey fellas...(and ladies).
this would be 1st time purchasing phone through 3rd party for me.....couple questions so I can better understand the process.
We have 4 lines with verizon.
I get that I can walk into BB and get the Note for a great price but I'm lil confused on the process "after" the BB purchase when dealing with my already established account at Verizon
I'm over my Galaxy Nexus and want the Note 2 but my upgrade is not available on my Nexus...(however we have 2 other phones that do have upgrades available so it's my understanding that I can transfer from one of those?)
So I purchase the Note 2 from BB....then what?
Do I walk into Verizon and say ...Here's my old Nexus...(Will they give any credit for a slightly used Nexus?).
How is the new Note 2 activated and given my phone number?
If anyone wouldn't mind explaining this ?
I'm ready to purchase tomorrow!
Thanks

Buy the phone on the available line, then activate the phone on that line, then take the sim card from your Galaxy nexus and put it into your note 2. If your old phone has a sim card, then maybe best buy can program it for you. If not, then either go to a corporate Verizon store or call them to send a new sim on that line. If the old phone doesn't have a sim card, then you can reactivate it online or call Verizon or go to a corporate Verizon store. Verizon will still buy back your Galaxy nexus, you can do it online. Check around, some other places like gazelle may give you more for the phone, and obviously, ebay or Craigslist will yield the most.

https://www.trade-in.vzw.com/home.aspx

hbrocks

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
WOW...
Glad I looked on the internets and found this thread!
Went from...
almost giving Verizon my upgrade PLUS $330...
to....(if this all works out)...
$149 Best buy pm Dell...
-$50 BB gift card (unless this does not apply to my case since I'm an existing customer?)....
-$72 buy back price from Verizon for my 1.5 year old Nexus

Thanks for the heads-up!

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Isn't it as simple as putting the old sim into the new phone? Then log on with google and move on?

- - - Updated - - -

Isn't it as simple as putting the old sim into the new phone? Then log on with google and move on?

After activating the note on the line with the upgrade or the new line, simply take the micro sim from your old phone and place it into the new phone. The note would now be working on your line. Then, take the sim that you just took out of the note and place it into the old phone, assuming both phones have micro sim.or, I believe you are planning to add a line and etf, so just skip that step. After putting your sim into the note, call Verizon and etf the line.

Note that if your old phone does not have a micro sim,then you would need a micro sim. Best buy should be able to give you one, if not, a Verizon corporate store could, or just call Verizon, and they will mail it to you. Some third party retailers may charge money for a sim, but Verizon would never charge you.

cdicesare2002

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
After activating the note on the line with the upgrade or the new line, simply take the micro sim from your old phone and place it into the new phone. The note would now be working on your line. Then, take the sim that you just took out of the note and place it into the old phone, assuming both phones have micro sim.or, I believe you are planning to add a line and etf, so just skip that step. After putting your sim into the note, call Verizon and etf the line.

Note that if your old phone does not have a micro sim,then you would need a micro sim. Best buy should be able to give you one, if not, a Verizon corporate store could, or just call Verizon, and they will mail it to you. Some third party retailers may charge money for a sim, but Verizon would never charge you.

Thanks fir the info, I'm assuming the Sim card on the Razr Maxxx original will fit in the Note 2? Can anyone conform?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Thanks fir the info, I'm assuming the Sim card on the Razr Maxxx original will fit in the Note 2? Can anyone conform?

That is correct. The Maxx has a micro sim. I switch freely between my note2, Maxx, and s3. My rezound and old thunderbolt uses a regular sim and requires an adapter

hbrocks

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
Picked up my note today after everyone's help here.
Bb pm'd Dell's $149 price
BUT no $50 gc......
They did give me $85 for my old nexus..
The other shock was the tax killed....8% of $retail.
All told...$113 out the door.
Oh...Verizon adds on $30 activation fee.
Still a great savings over Verizon store price.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Picked up my note today after everyone's help here.
Bb pm'd Dell's $149 price
BUT no $50 gc......
They did give me $85 for my old nexus..
The other shock was the tax killed....8% of $retail.
All told...$113 out the door.
Oh...Verizon adds on $30 activation fee.
Still a great savings over Verizon store price.

If you bought from Verizon, the same fees applies. The $50gc, you had to sign up several weeks ago.

Actually, tax would be slightly less since retail is calculated off the $699 retail, best buy calculates it off retail of $799. Still, you saved$141 over buying direct from Verizon.

z71kris

What does that do?
Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
Re: Just got my FOURTH Verizon Galaxy Note 2 at Best Buy for $79 at BB

I picked mine up for 98.88 with the sams match, and transferred my upgrade to my wifes line and she got a gs3 today again matched from sams for 98.88.

Sent from my SCH-I605

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

dreadesa

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
Have been dying for the Note 2 and was waiting for it to go below $199 at BB so I could use my $50 GC to get it down to $150... this would be even better. No Sams club close and I'm not a new customer (upgrading). Wondering if I am better off trying the BB regular B&M or the BB mobile at the mall to PM? I really want the white so I am hoping they are easy and just PM Dell and give me the white and give me the $50 off too since I signed up for the GC during the promo (I can dream, right?) - No Sams within 25 mi though...

dreadesa

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
Went to BB mobile store - They PM'd Dell no problem but wouldn't honor their reserved GC offer in conjunction with the PM. Oh well. I got it anyway for $149 - $100 off BB price and 1/2 of Verizon's. Mgr was very helpful as well. Come home to VM from parents telling me that Sams club still has the Note II for $98.88 for both NEW and UPGRADES... (too late for me) but hopefully will help someone else. Off to enjoy my new toy!

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Went to BB mobile store - They PM'd Dell no problem but wouldn't honor their reserved GC offer in conjunction with the PM. Oh well. I got it anyway for $149 - $100 off BB price and 1/2 of Verizon's. Mgr was very helpful as well. Come home to VM from parents telling me that Sams club still has the Note II for $98.88 for both NEW and UPGRADES... (too late for me) but hopefully will help someone else. Off to enjoy my new toy!

You can still pm a second time, just go back with receipt within 30 days.

SC has a more restrictive policy, the $400 secondary etf if changes occur within 181 days , similar to amazon and dell.

emberon

May 23, 2012
Visit site
Hi there.
Thank you for the info. I went to the Dell site. I cannot find the phone :( :':)(
Do you have that link please?
Thanks so Very much!
Embz:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gkapidis