Just got my FOURTH Verizon Galaxy Note 2 at Best Buy for $79 at BB ($129 pricematch + $50 gift card)

BuyOneGetFour

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Edit: I forgot to include the $50 gift card that Best Buy gave me for registering
my phone number last week. It printed out and I had it applied to the phone purchase
immediately. So the final total was $79 plus tax.

Pricematch worked at another Best Buy stores as of this morning(2/14).
Didn't even have to say much... just "will you match Dell.com's $129 price?"
The manager came over and did the override, looking very bored, like "yes,
we'll match any price, just buy the darn phone and get out of my store so
I can go take a 3-hour lunch/nap! :)

Now I have four Galaxy Note II phones! Yes, I know it's a sickness by now :(

--- original message below---
I could not resist the $129 price, so I bought another VZW Galaxy Note 2.

I showed up at Best Buy and asked them to match Dell's $129 price.
The manger instantly said "okay, but we only have it in white!" (fine by me! :)

Samsung Galaxy Note II - 4G LTE for Verizon Wireless - Dell Mobile Phones
$129 applies to add a line or new accts. For upgrades, it's $149. :(

For those who have recently bought the phone at Best Buy, you can
get a pricematch and get some money back.

As with all things at Best Buy, it's YMMV. Some nasty managers will
absolutely not match it. If that's the case, drive to the next Best Buy
store and try your luck there. My nearest Best Buy has always matched
prices with Amazon Wireless, Let's Talk, Wirefly, and now Dell. :)

By the way, this is not an endorsement of Best Buy. If you prefer,
go ahead and buy it directly from Dell. :) (or anybody that will sell
it at $129 or lower!) :D

Last edited:

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Just got another VZW Galaxy Note 2 at Best Buy for $129. ($129 add a line or new acct, $149 upgrade)

I could not resist the $129 price, so I bought another VZW Galaxy Note 2.

I showed up at Best Buy and asked them to match Dell's $129 price.
The manger instantly said "okay, but we only have it in white!" (fine by me! :)

Samsung Galaxy Note II - 4G LTE for Verizon Wireless - Dell Mobile Phones
$129 applies to add a line or new accts. For upgrades, it's $149. :(

For those who have recently bought the phone at Best Buy, you can
get a pricematch and get some money back.

As with all things at Best Buy, it's YMMV. Some nasty managers will
absolutely not match it. If that's the case, drive to the next Best Buy
store and try your luck there. My nearest Best Buy has always matched
prices with Amazon Wireless, Let's Talk, Wirefly, and now Dell. :)

By the way, this is not an endorsement of Best Buy. If you prefer,
go ahead and buy it directly from Dell. :) (or anybody that will sell
it at $129 or lower!) :D

I showed the ad to my local bb and they said that they don't pm internet ads, only physical stores. I then ask about amazon, and he said sure. Not sure the last time I saw an Amazon b & m.

Ymmv for sure. Official policy does allow pm to dell, but also excludes mobile phones.

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy Note II

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Just got another VZW Galaxy Note 2 at Best Buy for $129. ($129 add a line or new acct, $149 upgrade)

Btw, you might be able to get the $50 bb gc too, if you signed up for it last week

BuyOneGetFour

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Re: Just got another VZW Galaxy Note 2 at Best Buy for $129. ($129 add a line or new acct, $149 upgr

Btw, you might be able to get the $50 bb gc too, if you signed up for it last week

oh yeah... I completely forgot to mention that. The $50 Best Buy gift card printed out at the beginning of
the purchase. I chose to use it on the phone and it knocked off another $50. :) I registered my landline
at home.(the 2nd line that's only used for fax) It was ported to the new Note 2 within ten minutes. :)

BuyOneGetFour

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Re: Just got another VZW Galaxy Note 2 at Best Buy for $129. ($129 add a line or new acct, $149 upgr

Edit: I forgot to include the $50 gift card that Best Buy gave me for registering
my phone number last week. So the final total was $79 plus tax.

midnight93933

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site

Do you know if you can price match on best buy . com?

BuyOneGetFour

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site

Do you know if you can price match on best buy . com?

sorry.. I don't know... :( if not, you can always go to a Best Buy store... unless there isn't one near you... in which case you can just get it at $129 from Dell.com? :)

midnight93933

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site

sorry.. I don't know... :( if not, you can always go to a Best Buy store... unless there isn't one near you... in which case you can just get it at $129 from Dell.com? :)

True, man that is such a good deal though

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
st got my FOURTH Verizon Galaxy Note 2 at Best Buy for $79 at BB ($129 pricematch + $50 gift card)

Dell has a secondary $400 etf if you make certain changes to your account like moving the phone to another line within 181 days. This is on top of Verizon $350 etf. Best buy does not.

BuyOneGetFour

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Re: st got my FOURTH Verizon Galaxy Note 2 at Best Buy for $79 at BB ($129 pricematch + $50 gift car

Dell has a secondary $400 etf if you make certain changes to your account like moving the phone to another line within 181 days. This is on top of Verizon $350 etf. Best buy does not.

that's true... unless someone intends to use the Note 2 with an active line & data plan, he/she should buy it from Best Buy. :)

universeand

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Now I have four Galaxy Note II phones! Yes, I know it's a sickness by now :(

Prithee tell, are you actually using or going to use all 4 phones? You can't be paying 2 year contracts for 4 phones. Are you early terminating the contracts and selling them for full price?

Last edited:

BuyOneGetFour

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Prithee tell, are you actually using or going to use all 4 phones? You can't be paying 2 year contracts for 4 phones. Are you early terminating the contracts and selling them for full price?

(1) VZW version, used daily by family member
(2) VZW version, used daily by me
(3) VZW version, deactivated, line kept active on a factory cell phone that came with the car (dumbphone), no data plan
(4) int'l non-US version, used by me on int'l trips.... (thanks to the fact that the VZW version CANNOT yet use foreign prepaid SIM cards)

universeand

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
(3) VZW version, deactivated, line kept active on a factory cell phone that came with the car (dumbphone), no data plan
(4) int'l non-US version, used by me on int'l trips.... (thanks to the fact that the VZW version CANNOT yet use foreign prepaid SIM cards)

More power to you. Enjoy!

Super Turtleman

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site

So I have 4 lines (2 dumb phones w/ no data). Could I use one of the no data lines to buy a Note 2 with no data on it, then reactivate the dumb phone after I leave the store, then activate the Note 2 on one of my smartphone lines?

sdmf

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
These prices are all obviously with a contract 2-3 year right? (sorry in Canada here just not sure about down there)

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Android Central Forums

threepackape

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
These prices are all obviously with a contract 2-3 year right? (sorry in Canada here just not sure about down there)

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Android Central Forums

I'm pretty sure no contracts are required for these prices.

Best Buy is waiving the 2-year contract requirement for anyone riding to the store on unicorns.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
ust got my FOURTH Verizon Galaxy Note 2 at Best Buy for $79 at BB ($129 pricematch + $50 gift card)

So I have 4 lines (2 dumb phones w/ no data). Could I use one of the no data lines to buy a Note 2 with no data on it, then reactivate the dumb phone after I leave the store, then activate the Note 2 on one of my smartphone lines?

Yes, you can. Just make sure to activate the note 2 on the line the upgrade is used first, then a switch phones at will.