A couple of things I find annoying - Maybe someone can help?

Nextnexus

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
Hello all. I am a VZN note II user and love the device. I have had mine since Christmas and it has become a part of my everyday routine. There are a few things that really bother me that are software related and I have tried to fix them with no luck. Maybe I am missing something?

1. I really love the Samsung Calendar Application and how it interacts with the S-Pen. It was a big part of why I bought the device. A major annoyance is that I get double notifications for all of my daily calendar entries. I get one from the Samsung Calendar and one from the stock android calender app. I have gone hundreds of times into the stock android calendar app and disableing the notifications only to find that they almost immediately turn themselves back on. Am I missing something? This is very annoying to see 10 calendar events in my pull-down notifications when there are really only 5. I find it to be silly that I have do dismiss each event from my pull-down twice.

2. WIFI notifications & activity. I know that our version of the Note II has a non-defeatable wifi function in stock form, and I am ok with verizon's idea of forcing WiFi use whenever possible, its good business practice. What I don't get is that sometimes when I am in an area that has WIFI that isn't free, and I purposely turn the WIFI off, it will turn itself back on in just a few minutes. This is extremely annoying, since now my internet connection is denied because I choose not to pay for WiFi. Also, I have WiFi at work and at home, so I use it often but what annoys me is that most every-time that I wake my Note, I get the little dialog at the bottom of the screen saying, "connected to (fill in the name of the WiFI network)" This is annoying and it seems to cause a slight lag when I jump directly from the lock screen to lets say my Gmail application. IS it possible that it is dropping the connection and re-connecting every-time I wake the phone? I have all the power saving features off, so I wouldn't expect this behavior.

Any help or advice will be greatly appreciated!!

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
Hello all. I am a VZN note II user and love the device. I have had mine since Christmas and it has become a part of my everyday routine. There are a few things that really bother me that are software related and I have tried to fix them with no luck. Maybe I am missing something?

1. I really love the Samsung Calendar Application and how it interacts with the S-Pen. It was a big part of why I bought the device. A major annoyance is that I get double notifications for all of my daily calendar entries. I get one from the Samsung Calendar and one from the stock android calender app. I have gone hundreds of times into the stock android calendar app and disableing the notifications only to find that they almost immediately turn themselves back on. Am I missing something? This is very annoying to see 10 calendar events in my pull-down notifications when there are really only 5. I find it to be silly that I have do dismiss each event from my pull-down twice.

2. WIFI notifications & activity. I know that our version of the Note II has a non-defeatable wifi function in stock form, and I am ok with verizon's idea of forcing WiFi use whenever possible, its good business practice. What I don't get is that sometimes when I am in an area that has WIFI that isn't free, and I purposely turn the WIFI off, it will turn itself back on in just a few minutes. This is extremely annoying, since now my internet connection is denied because I choose not to pay for WiFi. Also, I have WiFi at work and at home, so I use it often but what annoys me is that most every-time that I wake my Note, I get the little dialog at the bottom of the screen saying, "connected to (fill in the name of the WiFI network)" This is annoying and it seems to cause a slight lag when I jump directly from the lock screen to lets say my Gmail application. IS it possible that it is dropping the connection and re-connecting every-time I wake the phone? I have all the power saving features off, so I wouldn't expect this behavior.

Any help or advice will be greatly appreciated!!

You're going to hear this a lot if you keep an Android phone but the solution to your problem is easy. Root/ROM your phone. No it's not for everyone and no it's not a magic pill that will solve every person's issue but in this case those two things are easily defeated by applying a ROM. I know Beans and Scott both have ROMs that use the Samsung Calendar AND allow you to turn off wifi notification. Sorry if it's not what you wanted to hear but there it is.

bogart286

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
Go into your settings, app manager, scroll all the way to the right to the "all" list. Scroll down to the calender or whatever is giving the double notification and unchecked notification box under the force close button. I have everything except txt, Facebook and email disabled. Helps save some battery too.

Sent by Samsung Galaxy Note 2 from the inner depths of Hell!!

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Settings / WIFI / Menu Button / Advanced / Turn on WiFi automatically and disable it.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma