05-27-2013 10:38 AM
32 12
tools
    This phone is very slippery without a case. I'm waiting for my case to come in the mail. I almost dropped it twice. Samsung should have made the back just like the htc phones with a soft more gripping feel. I hope I can manage to keep this phone from slipping tell then.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums
    02-16-2013 11:03 AM
    Yes it is a bit slippery. I ordered this case from Amazon, it came in 2 days! Not sure if guys would like this style/bulk type of case, but as a woman I like it very much! It feels good holding it and feels secure.

Margie
    Sent from my Galaxy Note 2
    Attached Thumbnails Man this phone is slippery-uploadfromtaptalk1361038886169.jpg  
    Steven72555 likes this.
    02-16-2013 12:21 PM
    It's actually less slippery than the S3.

I got a snap on small case from Samsung that I got after I got a 50% discount from Samsung after registering my phone with them. This was $15 has a year warranty. I got pink, cause I'm a pink loving girl, they have other colors.

http://m.samsung.com/us/mobile/cell-...EFC-1J9BPEGSTA

Sent from my AWESOME Note 2
    02-16-2013 12:45 PM
    two words: Otterbox Defender

Shimmy00 likes this.
    02-16-2013 01:35 PM
    The phone can be a bit slippery at times without a case (for me due to the edges not so much the back as I prefer to hold it that way). But after a while, it's something I've adjusted to and no longer have any worries about dropping it. I had to make that adjustment though as I just don't like how a case changes the look and feel of the phone itself. I do however have to use a holster (on my previous phones) or now with the Note 2 a Monaco vertical pouch to protect it in transport. Otherwise I feel there is too much potential for something to scratch the screen just sitting directly in a pocket or that it's not secure enough and may fall out too easily. But to each their own, what ever you're most comfortable with.
    02-16-2013 01:48 PM

No way..I had the Otterbox Commuter on my S3 for a week, it was much too bulky and the Commuter was less bulky than the Defender. A Defender case would make this phone literally impossible for me to use.

02-16-2013 03:12 PM
    The phone can be a bit slippery at times without a case (for me due to the edges not so much the back as I prefer to hold it that way). But after a while, it's something I've adjusted to and no longer have any worries about dropping it. I had to make that adjustment though as I just don't like how a case changes the look and feel of the phone itself. I do however have to use a holster (on my previous phones) or now with the Note 2 a Monaco vertical pouch to protect it in transport. Otherwise I feel there is too much potential for something to scratch the screen just sitting directly in a pocket or that it's not secure enough and may fall out too easily. But to each their own, what ever you're most comfortable with.
    That Samsung shell I posted is great, same look and feel, except a rubbery edge. "Samsung Galaxy Note 2" laser cut into the back of the shell, same feel as the phone, no bulk. It's limited protection, but better than nothing.

02-16-2013 03:15 PM
    Commuter?

Tap-u-talkin from my Note Deuce
    02-16-2013 03:16 PM
    Commuter?

Tap-u-talkin from my Note Deuce
    Yeah, I always get that wrong..think it is the Commuter and then always think that is the wrong word lol

02-16-2013 03:26 PM
    It's actually less slippery than the S3.

I got a snap on small case from Samsung that I got after I got a 50% discount from Samsung after registering my phone with them. This was $15 has a year warranty. I got pink, cause I'm a pink loving girl, they have other colors.

http://m.samsung.com/us/mobile/cell-...EFC-1J9BPEGSTA

I had the Black one and returned it. Case was too much of a finger print magnet for my taste. Yes, that drives me rather nuts.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    02-16-2013 05:28 PM
    I had the Black one and returned it. Case was too much of a finger print magnet for my taste. Yes, that drives me rather nuts.

You don't see finger prints on the pink one..

02-16-2013 05:30 PM

I don't want pink!

02-16-2013 06:53 PM
    I use the flip cases. Love them.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note2
    02-16-2013 06:58 PM
    Thanks for all the input. I ordered a cases and received it broken so I just have to wait for the other one. I don't know how much I would like a flip case. I guess I would have to use it and see.

02-17-2013 06:33 AM
    I don't want pink!

Hahaha..figured if you bought the black one. I think they are made of the polycarbonate also, bet a black N2 would do the same thing.

02-17-2013 10:11 AM
    Well, you certainly won't see my fingerprints on a pink case.
    02-17-2013 11:36 AM
    Hahaha..figured if you bought the black one. I think they are made of the polycarbonate also, bet a black N2 would do the same thing.

I may end up dealing with the finger prints. I love how the case felt overall and honestly it could be worse. Nothing like an OEM look. I wish they made one with a Titanium back so its less noticeable though.

02-17-2013 01:51 PM
    I am really trying and keep this phone without a case. I bought the official samsung pouch so hopefully that will protect it while I am carrying it around.

02-17-2013 02:04 PM
    I may end up dealing with the finger prints. I love how the case felt overall and honestly it could be worse. Nothing like an OEM look. I wish they made one with a Titanium back so its less noticeable though.

I really like this case, it's pretty close in look and feel and no bulk, but it is limited protection..

02-17-2013 03:44 PM
    Man this phone is slippery-p1010087.jpgMan this phone is slippery-p1010088.jpg

One word: Ballistic
    02-17-2013 04:07 PM
    Just got my Note2 today.
    Yep, Slippery.
    Better get me a case.
    05-22-2013 06:54 PM
    Just got my Note2 today.
    Yep, Slippery.
    Better get me a case.
    All the Samsung phones that I've owned in the last few years have been slippery.
    (including Galaxy Nexus, Galaxy S3, and Galaxy Note 2)
    05-22-2013 07:38 PM
    I've used a case a couple of times but always seem to come back to nekked My ProClip mount in the car won't accomodate a case on the Note 2 and honestly, I'm not really dropping it much. It has taken a couple of tumbles and I can report it is one tough SOB. My wife's iPhone5 has a scratch on the glass already after 6 months and it lives in a case. My Note 2 has hit the asphalt a couple of times and the glass is immaculate. The minor scratches on the bezel are barely visible and the back is - well, polycarbonate. Tough to say the least.
    05-22-2013 10:45 PM
    I bought a nice real leather battery door off eBay. It looks sexy and gives a nice grip. Reminds me of the original Blackberry Bold, except for of course it's an awesome, thin, capable phone. It's just that back then, it looked way sexy with that leather type back, and this has that look and feel now. Pretty cool
    05-23-2013 11:44 PM
    I bought a nice real leather battery door off eBay. It looks sexy and gives a nice grip. Reminds me of the original Blackberry Bold, except for of course it's an awesome, thin, capable phone. It's just that back then, it looked way sexy with that leather type back, and this has that look and feel now. Pretty cool
    Any pictures? I would like to see what this looks like.
    05-24-2013 09:16 AM
32 12