MMS Video Message

flipster

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Okay...Verizon 3G is pretty consistent in all areas (usually .5-1MBPS Down/up)...

This phone is 4G LTE (where I'm at, its almost always 20 mbps down-10mbps up).

So why the hell, can I not send video messages? Or why do I need to add the option in before, and it looks like absolute crap?

Come on...there's gotta be another way...even on my old iPhone I was able to send a good quality video message, even when on 3G.

What's the deal here? Am I missing something?

EDIT: I just realized this post sounded really negative....I absolutely love this phone, aside from this fact.

Last edited:

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Okay...Verizon 3G is pretty consistent in all areas (usually .5-1MBPS Down/up)...

So why the hell, can I not send video messages? Or why do I need to add the option in before, and it looks like absolute crap?

Come on...there's gotta be another way...even on my old iPhone I was able to send a good quality video message, even when on 3G.

EDIT: I just realized this post sounded really negative....I absolutely love this phone, aside from this fact.

Ok so in this case ill concede that iphone does it a bit better although even iphone compresses the file quality even though you may not realize.

Your only options are to set the video to limit to mms from the camera app, make the video from the messenger, or upload it to YouTube or dropbox.

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk

Eddster

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site

Maybe Android users will get some relief when (and if) Google ever gets around to doing unified messaging. With my Verizon iPhone, I can send good quality videos to non-iPhone users over regular MMS text service. I can send REALLY large file size videos to other iOS/Mac users via iMessage. Apple doesn't get it quite right in a lot of other areas, but they are truly onto something with their unified messaging. Now I know I'll catch a lot of flack for talking about Apple on this Android forum, but still. I have both an iPhone 5 and a Note 2 and there are things that I love about both of them.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site

I read someplace that if you are using whatsapp and the receiver are using it aswell then you can send high quality video through Messenger

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk

ilordvader

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Hello
iPhone 5 can send Videos without editing them,
i guess it has a builtin software to Auto compress videos before sending on WHATSAPP

does Android have any such software Free/Paid on Google play store
or Samsung has any such software too ?

Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae