Navigation doesn't work correctly on Note2?

GregMargie

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
So if I type an address, nothing happens? It won't go to the map and navigate. I can speak the address and it will go to the navigation. When I used this on my Thunderbolt both ways worked fine 'and' when you started to type an address a list of addresses would appear to just choose from.

Are there known problems of the navigation not working properly on the Note 2?

Margie
Sent from my Galaxy Note 2

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
So if I type an address, nothing happens? It won't go to the map and navigate. I can speak the address and it will go to the navigation. When I used this on my Thunderbolt both ways worked fine 'and' when you started to type an address a list of addresses would appear to just choose from.

Are there known problems of the navigation not working properly on the Note 2?

Margie
i have not had any issues with Nav, are vzw & google location services checked off? are you using data or wifi?

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I typed the address and hit the search button on my keyboard and it asked if I wanted navigation or maps and worked fine.

Sent from my AWESOME Note 2

GregMargie

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
i have not had any issues with Nav, are vzw & google location services checked off? are you using data or wifi?

Standalone GPS and Google are checked. The VZW one is not checked. I was afraid to check the VZW one thinking it was something they would charge extra for. So should all 3 be checked?
Using data

Margie

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Standalone GPS and Google are checked. The VZW one is not checked. I was afraid to check the VZW one thinking it was something they would charge extra for. So should all 3 be checked?

Margie

Yeah check all 3

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk

GregMargie

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I typed the address and hit the search button on my keyboard and it asked if I wanted navigation or maps and worked fine.

Mine doesn't give me the 'search button' to hit. Nothing changes when I typed in the address.

Margie

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Mine doesn't give me the 'search button' to hit. Nothing changes when I typed in the address.

Margie

Hmmm..I'm using Swype Beta, but when using Swype that came in the phone, my search button ( looks like a magnifying glass) would still show up at the right, anytime I was typing in a search field. What keyboard are you using?

GregMargie

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Ok I'm embarrassed! ! Duh, the 'search' button is in the keyboard, not at the top as it was on my Tbolt.

I did check all 3 now in the settings. Strangely it did show a list of addresses as I typed in an address on my husband's Tbolt and now I can't duplicate that again.

Thank you both!

Margie

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Well I've had some apps show a search button at the top, but not all.

Don't feel bad, I just figured out that search button was a search button a couple of weeks ago by accident.

GregMargie

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Hmmm..I'm using Swype Beta, but when using Swype that came in the phone, my search button ( looks like a magnifying glass) would still show up at the right, anytime I was typing in a search field. What keyboard are you using?

Using stock keyboard....I see it now. Thank you!

Margie

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Mine doesn't look up addresses as I type, but previous location are listed on the Navigation front page and there is a maps "button" on my contacts that I can click and it will pull up their address if I have one for them.

GregMargie

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Mine doesn't look up addresses as I type, but previous location are listed on the Navigation front page and there is a maps "button" on my contacts that I can click and it will pull up their address if I have one for them.

Yes that's what mine shows as well. When I couldn't get mine to work yesterday (appears that was operator error on my part) I took my husband's Thunderbolt and as I was typing an address at the top, down below it was updating with possible address matches that I could then just click on, and then the nav would start. It won't do it again now.

Margie

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
It is in Beta and there are weird things about it. I can type it and doesn't accept it. I can voice it and it accepts it but when I use the maps it takes it....go figure. On the Thunderbolt I never had this problem, but did this on my Rezound too. very weird......

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
It is in Beta and there are weird things about it. I can type it and doesn't accept it. I can voice it and it accepts it but when I use the maps it takes it....go figure. On the Thunderbolt I never had this problem, but did this on my Rezound too. very weird......

Thunderbolt was also a different Android build so I imagine not all things are equal. They may not catch every bug as things are constantly changing with every update of Android and maps itself

GregMargie

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Well I've had some apps show a search button at the top, but not all.

Don't feel bad, I just figured out that search button was a search button a couple of weeks ago by accident.

Kelly, thanks for your replies and for easying some of my embarassment! We all learn something new every day! I always tell my clients, No question is a dumb question, if you don't know the answer! So ask away!

Margie

GregMargie

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Thunderbolt was also a different Android build so I imagine not all things are equal. They may not catch every bug as things are constantly changing with every update of Android and maps itself

I agree.... "in beta" makes sense too. This is why we all love Android!

Margie

DaRkL3AD3R

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Is this what you're looking for? I just started typing a random made up address into Google Maps using their Search function and it is pulling up addresses that seem to match the typed in data.

screenshot2013021822413.png

GregMargie

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Is this what you're looking for? I just started typing a random made up address into Google Maps using their Search function and it is pulling up addresses that seem to match the typed in data.

http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/4862/screenshot2013021822413.png
Thank you! Yes, that's it exactly! So based on what you just wrote.....

I went to the 'Maps' icon, opened maps then hit 'Navigation' from that screen then started typing the address and the list of possible matches DOES come up.
If I close it all out and go to the 'Navigation' icon First and type an address, the possible matches list does NOT come up. So it appears that you have to open the 'Map' icon and go to navigate from there on that screen! I don't really see a reason for the separate Navigation icon in the apps then.
Thanks for your response.... so I know I can get that to work!

Margie

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781