Why doesn't Verizon's Galaxy Note 2 comes with headphones? Is Verizon being cheap?

threepackape

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
Why doesn't Verizon's Galaxy Note 2 comes with headphones? Is Verizon being cheap?

According to the BestBuy store manager, his Spring Galaxy Note 2 came with headphones. Verizon version never did. :(

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Doesn't Verizon sell like beats headphones . Could be an attempt to get people to buy them instead

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk

GMJeff

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
My at&t version didn't come with any, either.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

GregMargie

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I was a bit surprised as well that the Note 2 didn't come with headphones! All of my previous phones always came with a set. I do have some of those that are brand new and will probably work with this phone though.

Margie
Sent from my Galaxy Note 2

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
With the exception of the bundled headphones that came with Verizons first hd smartphone, which, for bundled headphones, excellent, but pale compared to what you can buy outside, all the other bundled headphones i got had been meh anyway. I have gotten free ar headphones that sounded better than most bundled headphones.

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy Note II

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I thought they chose to go with the extra Verizon branding instead of the headphones? That logo on the home button was enough of a bonus so the headphones went to the back burner.

threepackape

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
With the exception of the bundled headphones that came with Verizons first hd smartphone, which, for bundled headphones, excellent, but pale compared to what you can buy outside, all the other bundled headphones i got had been meh anyway. I have gotten free ar headphones that sounded better than most bundled headphones.

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy Note II

just found out that the Sprint Galaxy Note II came with the same white Samsung headphones as my VZW Galaxy S3.... decent headphones... but I never use them anyway. :)
Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Unboxing (US LTE Version Unboxing) - YouTube

Roustermiller

May 13, 2010
Visit site
My brother in-law and his wife got the note 2 with sprint there phones came with headphones

Sent From My Galaxy Note 2 Using Tapatalk 2

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Yeah those are the universal Samsung headphones. I got them with my sgs2 ns4g and Gnex. Yeah for free headphones they are pretty good.

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus rockin 4.2.2 using Tapatalk 2

dubge

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
I kept the one from my GS3, my daughter got the phone and I bought her beats for Christmas so I didnt feel bad keeping them :)

Nibs

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Bought a pair of mic headphones from 5 Below the other day. $5 and 10x better than apple's "buds" (I have a million of them lol).

keem5

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
of course they are being cheap so they can make more profit. this company even sells their voice mail app 2.99 a month which is 36 bucks a year for nothing, voice mail is always comes with the service (my voice mail i mean an app shows you all your messages vs. you call your voice mail old fashion way)

threepackape

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
of course they are being cheap so they can make more profit. this company even sells their voice mail app 2.99 a month which is 36 bucks a year for nothing, voice mail is always comes with the service (my voice mail i mean an app shows you all your messages vs. you call your voice mail old fashion way)

A Verizon tech support guy to me that the free Google Voice app is inferior to Verizon's own voicemail app. I think it's well worth it.
Verizon should be able to charge more money in order to build up their network and provide excellent customer service.
(please excuse me while I go puke my guts out :D )

MaxBuck

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
A Verizon tech support guy to me that the free Google Voice app is inferior to Verizon's own voicemail app. I think it's well worth it.
Verizon should be able to charge more money in order to build up their network and provide excellent customer service.
(please excuse me while I go puke my guts out :D )
The Verizon voice-to-text algorithm has to be better than Google Voice, which is absolutely worthless. With that said, GV is good enough for me. I don't need my VMs converted to text.

As regards the OP, I was just as happy that there were no headphones in my package. I've seldom gotten a free set that I've bothered using.

threepackape

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
The Verizon voice-to-text algorithm has to be better than Google Voice, which is absolutely worthless. With that said, GV is good enough for me. I don't need my VMs converted to text.

As regards the OP, I was just as happy that there were no headphones in my package. I've seldom gotten a free set that I've bothered using.

The Beats headphones that came with my old HTC Rezound was the last/only decent pair of headphones came with smartphones.
(supposedly the headphones retailed for $79 to $99, but I think they were only worth $50... but still sounded very decent/acceptable)

Samsung's white headphones that came with the S3 can be bought for $10 to $15(genuine ones) and they sound okay.

Anything is better than than the free crappy headphones that come with the iPhones.(at least on the 4S and prior models) :)

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
I actually like the OEM ones from Samsung so I just went on eBay and bought about 3-4 pairs (I go thru headphones like crazy) @$5 each. For less than $20, I have the OEM's and am very happy with them..

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1