Note 2 LCD Repair

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Hello fellow droids. My girlfriend had to one-up me and buy a Note 2 (I have the S3 and she KNEW I wanted the Note 2!!) but now her screen is cracked and super boyfriend is to the rescue! I had an extremely long few days dealing with a local repair shop who claimed they could replace the LCD/glass for $175 (was $210, but price was dropped because I was told to come in, drove 45 minutes into downtown only to find out they only had one color in stock). They finally replaced it, but with a wholesale non-original part that turned out to be defective. Now I am going to buy my own replacement, and they are offering to do the labor at no cost to me.

I found this on eBay. It's for Sprint, but the ad says it may work with my Verizon Note 2. I found a few others like this as well, and one of them stated "Sprint ONLY." I'm just being super cautious, as a $220 part is a punch to the gut for a college student.
TinyURL.com - shorten that long URL into a tiny URL

If anyone has any insight on this, it would be much appreciated, as I would like to order the part for her tomorrow.

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Quick bump for any info at all!! Would make my girlfriend's day to hear I ordered the part for her!!

I have seen T-Mobile and AT&T as well... But can't find one labeled as Verizon!!! Thanks guys!

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the response. I also found this (a little cheaper).

Samsung Galaxy Note 2 LCD & Touch Screen Digitizer Assembly OEM GRAY CDMA for Verizon Galaxy Note II SCH-I605 & Sprint Galaxy Note 2 SPH-L900

I spoke with them on the phone as well. Seemed knowledgable and friendly. Will definitely be deciding between these two. Anyone have any suggestions as far as retaliation goes with the cell phone repair store? I was lied to continuously and told the part was an original part. Upon my further inspection, it was very obvious this was a wholesale aftermarket part. The people at this store were very friendly, but I don't appreciate being lied to and having them pass me off as a "stupid, average" customer. I had their heads spinning once they realized I knew my way around a phone just as well as they did.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site

Samsung Galaxy Note 2 LCD & Touch Screen Digitizer Assembly OEM GRAY CDMA for Verizon Galaxy Note II SCH-I605 & Sprint Galaxy Note 2 SPH-L900

I spoke with them on the phone as well. Seemed knowledgable and friendly. Will definitely be deciding between these two. Anyone have any suggestions as far as retaliation goes with the cell phone repair store? I was lied to continuously and told the part was an original part. Upon my further inspection, it was very obvious this was a wholesale aftermarket part. The people at this store were very friendly, but I don't appreciate being lied to and having them pass me off as a "stupid, average" customer. I had their heads spinning once they realized I knew my way around a phone just as well as they did.

Arguing is a waste of time. They won't admit they are lying nor will they admit they are wrong. Just buy the part and do it yourself or bring the party in for them to install it.

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

What did the invoice say? Did it say genuine Samsung part? If so, you have proof that it isn't? If you do, tell them that you want a genuine Samsung part, if they refuse, tell them to take their screen back and put your old one on and go somewhere else to get it replaced. If they refuse to refund, do a charge back, for the fraudulent bait and switch.

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy Note II

tooter123

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I'm not super knowledgeable about this but, the ebay one looks like it would work. It shows the verizon number (i605) so I would say it would work.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1