03-30-2013 07:29 PM
44 12
tools
    Downloaded Kii yesterday....love it! Emoji's <3 lol
    Uncle Reemus likes this.
    02-22-2013 07:34 AM
    Kii right now, getting used to the whole dual swyping technique.
    I just downloaded Kii to try it out, and it looks really nice. I have two questions about it:

1. What is the "whole dual swyping technique" you're talking about?

2. Is there any way to get it into pen input mode (i.e. handwriting)?
    02-22-2013 08:10 AM
    I installed and have used kii. Great keyboard but still a few things I didn't really like. I just installed the Swype beta and so far it's my favorite keyboard.. if you like Swype then try the beta..

Sent from my amazing HTC EVO LTE

Oh and I loved swiftly flow but lately it has not been predicting my words very well and some of the keys are not recognizing very well either..
    With Swype beta you can use hand writing also that will transfer to text..I'm very impressed with the customization..
    02-22-2013 11:56 AM
    Not completely happy with any keyboard. Each seems to have it's set of flaws.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2.
    gnr_2 and Nibs like this.
    02-23-2013 05:13 PM
    Not completely happy with any keyboard. Each seems to have it's set of flaws.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2.
    I concur completely. I really don't like SwiftKey for typing. The alt keys aren't intuitive and worst of all, if it changes word, it doesn't undo it when you backspace. Very frustrating if you are typing a noun or name or something and you have to do it over and over. Even though I like the flow aspect, I had to switch back to Kii. If they could work through the autocorrect issues, I'd be very happy with this one. But, for instance, if I type nrin, it switches to brain, not neon. SwiftKey learns your button pushing habits and eventually knows which key you were actually trying to push based on past corrections. I don't even care if it doesn't prethink for me. Just fix what I've typed correctly (and learn my name!). They also need to put the underscore on the main keyboard and deal with the ( ) keys, though I've gotten used to that now. Though, not having a dedicated comma key on the number keyboard drives me nuts! Overall, however, I like it the most for sure. (Other than AI...)

Sent from my totally awesome Sprint Galaxy Nexus, even if I don't know all its secrets yet.
    02-23-2013 07:15 PM
    I use stock at the moment with the auto correct fixed, but I agree I never really found one keyboard I liked. SwiftKey is nice but the landscape sizing bounces the screen in the stock touchwiz email unless you resize it.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    02-23-2013 08:23 PM
    I use stock at the moment with the auto correct fixed, but I agree I never really found one keyboard I liked. SwiftKey is nice but the landscape sizing bounces the screen in the stock touchwiz email unless you resize it.

What do you mean "with autocorrect fixed"? The weird unusable autocorrect was the main reason I started looking for another keyboard. I doubt I'd go back but still curious.

Sent from my totally awesome Sprint Galaxy Nexus, even if I don't know all its secrets yet.
    02-25-2013 11:57 AM
    What do you mean "with autocorrect fixed"? The weird unusable autocorrect was the main reason I started looking for another keyboard. I doubt I'd go back but still curious.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=36760547

Shoot adrenaline a thanks. He did the mod

gnr_2 likes this.
    02-25-2013 12:15 PM
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=36760547

Shoot adrenaline a thanks. He did the mod

Thanks but I'm not rooted so I'm stuck with keyboard apps until 4.2.2 at least.

02-25-2013 12:29 PM
    I used to use Smart Keyboard, but now I have been converted to Swiftkey. I don't even use the word prediction, because auto-correct works well enough and fast enough that I can fly almost maximum speed with my thumbs.
    02-25-2013 01:07 PM
    I use SwiftKey and the swype keyboard

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums
    02-25-2013 02:10 PM
    I always stick with the stock keyboard. It works for what I need and meets my K.I.S.S. principle.
    02-25-2013 02:20 PM
    I like Kii but the autocorrect sucks. And it really annoys me that it doesn't know my name and I've been using it for over a month.
    you can go into the settings and add your name in the custom, user designed dictionary. my name is spelled super differently so phones always get it wrong, but i added mine in there and Kii's types it perfectly every time now!
    03-27-2013 05:25 PM
    It's in the library but it doesn't recognize if I hit the wrong keys while typing it. Doesn't even show it as an autocorrect option while SwiftKey shows my name the moment I hit the enter key twice to start a new paragraph and type the first letter.
    did you set a shortcut for it in the dictionary?
    03-27-2013 05:27 PM
    Have been using swiftkey for years and love it, but excited to see what the Minuum keyboard i backed on indiegogo is like when it comes out. Check it out. The Minuum Keyboard Project | By Whirlscape
    03-29-2013 07:38 AM
    I've experimented with a few but SwiftKey is my 1st choice of keyboard

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    03-29-2013 07:49 AM
    im using go keyboard fusion green the keys are big and it works good for me...
    changed to swiftkey works way better . just wish i could change the theme to green..
    03-30-2013 02:57 AM
    I use the stock jelly bean keyboard with integrated swipe as my default. And I use the stock Samsung keyboard when my sPen is detected. I use an app called sPen Helper which I'm sure you can easily find an apk for.

It automatically switches between whatever keyboards you want when your sPen is detached.
    03-30-2013 12:48 PM
    Hi, my keyboard is on the galaxy s2... i would like to keep this keyboard, however i would like the punctuation to appear above the letters like it did on gingerbread... if anyone can tell me how to change any settings to get this on the s2 i would be very grateful

Thankyou
    03-30-2013 07:29 PM
44 12