The color choice revisited ...

ejb1013

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
There was much debate here about the choice between the titanium gray and the white GN2. How many of you (if any at all) have found yourself thinking "hmm .. I kinda wish I would've chosen the other one."?

I got the gray one .. wasn't even a debate in my mind. I had never owned a white phone and I had NO plans of starting with this one. 2 months later I find myself kinda wishing I would've chosen the white one. Don't get me wrong I love my gray phone I just think I'd love a white one just the same .... and that it looks just a tad better. I'd NEVER do anything to harm my phone HOWEVER if something tragic should happen and I have to get a replacement I think I would request the white one if that's even an option.

xxtdxx

May 23, 2011
Visit site
I got the titanium one and haven't regretted it at all. I do have a case on it so I can't even see the color. No big deal.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I got the titanium one and haven't regretted it at all. I do have a case on it so I can't even see the color. No big deal.

Depends on the case, some are transparent, or at least semi so

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy Note II

cdicesare2002

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
I have never owned a white phone. I just find that dark or black devices look more... professional to me. Every time I go into the city for something I see a lot of people with their pants 5 sizes to big and sitting far to low on their bodies waddling down the sidewalk with a white phone in hand. Unfortunately when I think of white phones I think of that....truly sad. However when I'm at work or on a business trip I see others dressed in a suit, tie and a black or dark phone.

Don't get me wrong I know anyone can have any color, and it really doesnt mean anything about the person but I just feel Dark phones match my suits better.

lbros360

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
I found myself wanting a titanium gray but last minute at Best Buy, I choose the white and I don't regret it one bit. I was waiting for the red to come out but I couldn't wait any longer. I love my white Note 2!

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm a fan of darker colors so I have no regrets getting the Titanium Gray.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Nibs

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Past 3 phones have been white....And my Note2 is white also. I do regret it though, just cause I'm bored with the whiteout. Wish I would have chosen the gray.

GregMargie

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Over many many years I have owned a lot of phones and they have always been black, grey and a few silver.....I personally just got tired of the dominent dark colored phones and the White GN2 was very appealing to me. I dont regret my choice at all and I am very happy with the White.

Margie
Sent from my Galaxy Note 2

tooter123

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
No question in my decision it was Titanium all the way. I might change my mind if it was a Pearl white. Solid white just doesn't do it for me.

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
No regrets here what so ever with the marble white. I looked at both colors prior to purchase and thought the marble white looked really cool with the silver accents whereas the titanium gray was just ok, not to mention the more I looked at the gray the more I didn't like the faux metal finish. There was also the factor that all my previous phones were black/charcoal color and I was looking for a change. Finally, IMHO the marble white is just as professional looking as the titanium gray. :)

ejb1013

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
There was also the factor that all my previous phones were black/charcoal color and I was looking for a change.

I think this here is my exact issue but unfortunately for me I didn't realize it until it was too late. Both phones look nice enough but my last non black phone was a silver Nextel i710 (I think thats what it was called) forever ago.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
I think this here is my exact issue but unfortunately for me I didn't realize it until it was too late. Both phones look nice enough but my last non black phone was a silver Nextel i710 (I think thats what it was called) forever ago.

I had the silver Nextel i830 once, sweet phone at the time. Even had the extended battery and cover with the little hump :)

111111111111111bz6.jpg

On a related note, this thread is pretty cool: Post Your Phone Timeline
http://forums.androidcentral.com/android-central-lounge/181203-post-your-phone-timeline.html

DaRkL3AD3R

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site

This. I am using a Seidio ACTIVE case and really can't even see my phones body. But I do enjoy taking off the case once in a blue moon to experience the phone in all its naked glory :p it is marvelous. And I have no regrets in going with the Titanium Gray. All I have to do is look at my capacitive buttons to feel that way. #nolightbleedfeelsgoodman

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site

GregMargie

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
There can be when in low light or a dark room. But frankly, I don't see what the big deal is. It's like complaining about the Verizon logo on the home button. /shrug

See this thread which also has a screenshot of it: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...leeding-through-capacitive-touch-buttons.html
I don't have any 'light bleed' on my white GN2 at all, and agree that it wouldn't be a big deal if it did! I love my choice of getting the white!

Margie
Sent from my Galaxy Note 2

DaRkL3AD3R

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Is light bleed around the capacitive buttons an issue on the white phone? I haven't heard that yet.

Every single White Note 2 I've seen (a handful of them) has the light bleed. And contrary to what is stated, it doesn't require being in a pitch black room to see it. The picture in the linked post, that's exactly what it looks like all the time. If that doesn't bother you (the circular glow) then it isn't a problem. If it looks meh next to the Titanium Gray with 0 light bleed (scroll down that thread for my post) then you're fine. It doesn't get any worse than the OP's picture in that thread, but I have yet to see a White Note 2 without that glow.

Bond32

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
White looks better but that's just my opinion. The "professionalism" aspect of the phone is not of any issue, at least to me, where I see the definition of being professional would mean not showing off one's phone (just my opinion of course).

I have had the gray, think it looks great.