when the phone rings

Vlosaloty

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
Ok im still getting used to my note 2 that I got 2 days ago. Anyways when my phone rings it starts out very soft then bam it booms. Why does my phone start out so soft at first? Is there a way to get it to blare from the intial ring?

GregMargie

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
THis might be what your looking for. Go to the phone (like you're calling someone) then press menu key and go to settings.... scroll down and see if you have 'increase volume in pocket' checked? If it is try unchecking that. That is the only setting I know of in phone settings that might be the answer. Hope this helps.

Margie
Sent from my Galaxy Note 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1361585758784.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1361585758784.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 126
  • uploadfromtaptalk1361585794792.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1361585794792.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 126

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
THis might be what your looking for. Go to the phone (like you're calling someone) then press menu key and go to settings.... scroll down and see if you have 'increase volume in pocket' checked? If it is try unchecking that. That is the only setting I know of in phone settings that might be the answer. Hope this helps.

Margie

No that's not it. There is no way to change it.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

GregMargie

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
No that's not it. There is no way to change it.

There isnt? My phone doesn't start low and then ring louder. Or maybe I just haven't noticed it. Thank you

Margie

Last edited:

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
There isnt? My phone doesn't start low and then ring louder.

Margie

Strange, pocket mode shouldn't necessarily do this. I guess it's possible but on every other phone I've owned this wasn't the case. Glad it all works for you though. My phone starts low for a second or so and than is at full volume. It's not a gradual increase.

GregMargie

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Strange, pocket mode shouldn't necessarily do this. I guess it's possible but on every other phone I've owned this wasn't the case. Glad it all works for you though. My phone starts low for a second or so and than is at full volume. It's not a gradual increase.

Perhaps I just haven't really noticed it on mine....I didnt think it did that. I do use a bluetooth and usually answer it pretty quick by pressing that on my ear. Now I'm curious to let it ring and see. Thank you as always for your great input!

Margie

Vlosaloty

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
My phone starts low for a second or so and than is at full volume.

Yeah thats a better way to explain it. Call starts low for a second then full volume. Never had that problem with my other phones so I was just curious why it does it on this phone? Thank you all for your kind help

Last edited:

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site

Margie

I did go ahead and test that and it didn't solve this problem. You would need that application someone else recommended. Thank you for helping though!

I tried the application posted above and it works well. I do however not want to use it because the increasing ring is beneficial to me. I use the Spoken Caller Name application and unlike the built in Motorola feature the name won't begin before the ring tone but rather during. So the increasing ring plays the tone quietly all while the application says Call from So and so in a louder voice.

Vlosaloty

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
I also tried the app and it works great. Now I dont have ascending ringtone now. Sucks you have to download an app for it to stop doing that

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
geez, I absolutely LOVE the increasing volume feature! kudos to Samsung from me. I don't like being startled by a loud ringer (i have mine set loud on purpose), and the way it ramps up quickly prevents missing a call because of the initially low-volume ring. Guess Samsung can't please everyone.

YBCold

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
I love this feature and really don't know what everyone is so worried about. The reason for this feature is to keep from startling you and it also gives you time to silent or flip over your phone when in a meeting before it gets too loud and obnoxious.

Nice work Samsung, this feature works great.

BasPilot

TheSickAndTwisted
Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
I personally love it. If the phone is right next to you the sound isn't very loud far about 1 full ring for me, then the sound ramps up quickly.

My theory is that is because if you are close to you phone you don't need the volume way up at first. If your phone is away from you, it needs to go up to full volume so as to let you hear it well. I think it is just a feature, love it or hate it, it is what it is.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11