03-17-2013 12:32 PM
43 12
tools
    Forgot to add, some retailers like amazon will charge a secondary $400 etf if you make certain changes to your account like moving the phone to another line within 181 days. Direct from Verizon, Best buy, Costco, and perhaps others do not have this extra fee.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II
    03-04-2013 10:35 PM
    Forgot to add, some retailers like amazon will charge a secondary $400 etf if you make certain changes to your account like moving the phone to another line within 181 days. Direct from Verizon, Best buy, Costco, and perhaps others do not have this extra fee.
    Walmart has the fee, too. Applies to downgrading the data plan and/or switching phone to another line.
    03-04-2013 10:44 PM
    Where are you seeing this $100 Price tag I called and checked online - Upgrade - New Line - are all showing roughly 248.99 + tax at Samsclub? and the Grey shows it is ONLINE only price.
    Got my Note 2 yesterday at Sam's Club for 98+ tax. It was $109 out the door, because they only charge tax on the actual price. It is an in store only price not available on the web. I bought an S3 there for 97 cents over Black Friday weekend, but I couldn't pass on the $100 deal.
    03-12-2013 01:16 AM
    The Verizon Note 2 shows $699 today..did you you quote them the price on a GSM Note 2? I see those at $649. I'm tempted to go for that so I can keep my unlimited package.
    GSM Note 2
    Amazon.com: Samsung Galaxy Note II GT-N7100 - factory unlocked- 16GB Gray: Cell Phones & Accessories

i didn't want to try getting the huge discount by getting another line and then cancelling and all that other stuff.. i just went straight to Best Buy store and since they "Price Match", the BestBuy rep went online for me and we saw it on Amazon.com for $649 instead $799 that they were charging.. then they gave me $100 for my HTC Thunderbolt that I traded in.. they would've given me more, but the top of the screen had a tiny scratch/crack..
    03-15-2013 09:04 AM
    That depends on what state you live in. California makes them charge tax on the full price of the phone. Since I live in both California and Arizona I buy many things in Arizona to avoid the higher taxes.

Got my Note 2 yesterday at Sam's Club for 98+ tax. It was $109 out the door, because they only charge tax on the actual price. It is an in store only price not available on the web. I bought an S3 there for 97 cents over Black Friday weekend, but I couldn't pass on the $100 deal.
    03-15-2013 09:05 AM
    That depends on what state you live in. California makes them charge tax on the full price of the phone. Since I live in both California and Arizona I buy many things in Arizona to avoid the higher taxes.
    Sams club only charges sales tax on actual purchase price in CA. Best buy and many others charge sales tax on full retail price.

03-15-2013 05:15 PM
    Sams club only charges sales tax on actual purchase price in CA. Best buy and many others charge sales tax on full retail price.
    I am in California. I've saved $150 on the last two phones by buying from there.
    03-15-2013 05:23 PM
    I am in California. I've saved $150 on the last two phones by buying from there.
    I paid $37 for my note 2 from best buy, and paid $71 tax. If i bought from sams club, it would have been $99 plus $9 tax. Either way, it comes out to $108.my situation at best buy is not typical though.

Buying at best buy is preferable for me since they don't have a secondary etf of $400.

03-15-2013 07:54 PM
    So BB or Amazon would be the best bet for paying full retail?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
    03-16-2013 12:28 AM
    So BB or Amazon would be the best bet for paying full retail?

Best Buy Price is $800,Amazon and Verizon charge $700. Guess it depends if amazon charges tax. If they don't, buy from them. If they do, just buy from Verizon

03-16-2013 10:49 AM
    Best Buy Price is $800,Amazon and Verizon charge $700. Guess it depends if amazon charges tax. If they don't, buy from them. If they do, just buy from Verizon

Would BB match Amazon's price since I would be buying the phone off contract?

03-16-2013 04:48 PM
    Would BB match Amazon's price since I would be buying the phone off contract?

They should in theory, nothing in their terms says otherwise, but as always, price matching is ymmv. Depends on the store and in some cases the csr

03-16-2013 07:52 PM
    They should in theory, nothing in their terms says otherwise, but as always, price matching is ymmv. Depends on the store and in some cases the csr

That's what I figured. I've grown tired of my rezound, sense, and want a bigger screen. The S4 didn't wow me and I like what the note 2 has to offer. Will have to pay full retail though cause I'm not do for an upgrade until November.

03-16-2013 10:39 PM
    That's what I figured. I've grown tired of my rezound, sense, and want a bigger screen. The S4 didn't wow me and I like what the note 2 has to offer. Will have to pay full retail though cause I'm not do for an upgrade until November.

Costco wireless lists the retail price as $500. I don't think that you can buy the no contract price from them though

http://membershipwireless.com/index....roductid/9999/

03-16-2013 11:38 PM
    Costco wireless lists the retail price as $500. I don't think that you can buy the no contract price from them though

http://membershipwireless.com/index....roductid/9999/

Doesn't appear so. Just trying to find my cheapest option out there and don't really want to buy used.

03-17-2013 03:08 AM
    BB should price match. They did with me when I paid retail for mine. They even acknowledged that they are higher on the retail price and had no justification for it. BB also has a 30 day return/exchange policy with no restock fee. This is important, especially buying off contract. If you don't like it or it there is something wrong with it you have more flexibility. If you spend too much money at BB and are a Reward Zone Silver member you will get a 60 day return window.
    03-17-2013 09:46 AM
    I went to a Best Buy in Daytona Beach yesterday and they would not price match to Amazon. The kid said they don't price match full retail, only upgrades. I'll try another Best Buy tomorrow in Virginia and see if I get the same story.
    03-17-2013 10:51 AM
    I went to a Best Buy in Daytona Beach yesterday and they would not price match to Amazon. The kid said they don't price match full retail, only upgrades. I'll try another Best Buy tomorrow in Virginia and see if I get the same story.
    You can read my thread to navigate some csr bs. Note that the policy had changed since I got it, but you can get a feel for the type of responses.

One thing i would ask is to see the written pm policy.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sho...d.php?t=255363

If they say they only pm upgrades, add a line to the family plan or start a new line of service and pm to sams club 98.88, then as soon as you get home, call Verizon directly and cancel service on the new line paying the $350 etf. You would be out a few bucks for one days service. The activation fee is refundable if canceled within 3 days. Overall, you would be paying $400ish plus tax for the note 2. Note that best buy policy now explicitly excludes contract phones, so ymmv.

03-17-2013 12:32 PM
43 12